Author Topic: about stealing  (Read 2872 times)

Nivek

• Goblin Pup
about stealing
« on: July 29, 2003 02:44 am CDT »
ok i read the rules already but i am still confused...

the rules say that stealing is ok because it is a skill but then people can get punished for stealing?? and also when someone steals from you, and the item is a reallygood item what would happen?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Nivek »
.......... Nivek = Kevin ............

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003 04:28 am CDT »
According to the rules, stealing is fine until you pass a certain quota:
When you decide to take stealing, mugging, pick pocketing, and other similar resulting skills too far, you start to ruin the game.  You are allowed to take two items from another player within a period of 30 minutes.  In taking these items, you are allowed to take any value of item granted it is not from an administrator.  Peacekeepers are fair game, but they may have to take vengeance should you violate this guideline.  Be aware that you are fair game to the people you steal from for either stealing it back or killing one time.  After one kill, the PK guideline will take effect.  The thief is not allowed a free vengeance kill due to the fact that they already did their crime by stealing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.