Author Topic: Tribes 2  (Read 1608 times)

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
Tribes 2
« on: March 26, 2004 08:10 pm CST »
So I decided to reinstall T2. Was working great for a couple days. I decide to play tonight.

I ended up getting banned from one server for what reason I have no idea. Then I try to join another server and I get a fatal ISV PNG error. I reopen T2 and try to host a private server to screw around with bots.. Get another one..

I try to go solo, and I get another one.

There have been very few reports of this on planettribes, but there was no solution for any of them.

This blows. I remember paying $60 for this game a few years ago. I've only opened it less than 20 times.

Sorry, I had to vent.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Jonah

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004 08:25 pm CST »
I remember I payed about 50 dollars for it as soon as it came out only to find that it didn't work on my comp. Then it sat on a shelf collecting dust for about a year until I got a new comp, and finally played it. I got bored of it after about 3 days, and never played since.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jonah »

xRazorex: How big is an average 13 year old penis size?

DeAtH-Abbadon

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004 10:28 pm CST »
makes a nice coaster though
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by DeAtH-Abbadon »

Pecker

• Server Mommy
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004 10:38 pm CST »
I remember I waited like 2 years or somethin and paid 20 bucks for it, played it like twice and then bob played it a few times and then it's been in the cabinet ever since. Yeah..it sucks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Pecker »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004 10:50 pm CST »
Why not reinstall it again and give it another go UG?

I enjoy T2.  Only problem I have with the game is that there are no GOOD people who play it.  Its all people who play it for 3 days then put it away.  My peeve is when I fly a bomber, and the tailgunner doesnt carry any flare grenades.  I yell at him over and over again, and still he doesnt get them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004 10:52 pm CST »
I reinstalled and it works..

I just wish more people would team-play a bit more.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004 10:54 pm CST »
Yeah, then the game just turns into a base-rape fest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004 03:05 pm CST »
I love Tribes 2 only cuz the T2 mods are acctually better than the game. For instance, CONSTRUCTION MOD, where u can build (with great power, too, but it takes a while to master) just about anything u want. The only problem is that the things u build are generally for show.
i.e. i love to build spaceships with intricate designs and such, i build them with cockpits etc etc, but they cant acctually move :-\
but bases are fun to build too. I build submarines and underwater bases and such. But the best part(s) about the mod are:

1. MPM War: Mobile Point Missle War. Enable it, and every MPB you buy turns into a mobile missle silo where you can load it with ammo and launch missles from a selection of about 15 different missle types. Favorite missle: The Black Hole Nuke- When it hits, it blows up and creates a black hole in the sky...everything in an 800m vicinity is sucked into the vortex (people AND vehicles AND buildings)

2. Quantium Construction: just like reg. construction but with more deployables and weapons...lots and lots of weapons...freeze rifles, mini nukes, chronoceptors, railguns, death rays, transport missle, FIREWORKS LAUNCHER...its a lot of fun

So if all ya'll happen to be on T2, filter for the mod called Construction and join a server with a nice ammount of people, you'll see what i mean. Unfortunately, Construction hit it's all-time popularity high about 6 months ago  :? But if you do go search for it, try looking for a server called EtherXAE's Construction, or KoRos Konstruction...ill be in either one. (They are never up at the same time..)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »