Author Topic: Changing certain server settings..  (Read 5715 times)

Arsenic

• Goblin Pup
Changing certain server settings..
« on: April 12, 2004 01:30 pm CDT »
Was wondering how to change the exp system and I believe RPG's autoremort level isn't normally 175, I was trying to find the function for changing that as well.

I want to setup a server config. similar to Particle's but play with it. I was also wondering if I could use the centuria zone. Once I learn how to admin and do the basic scripts on it I'll probably open it up to the public sometime later on with all the changes I want to make.

I want to stay as close to pure rpg mod as I can but make some changes, like changing the uber's weapon to claymores. Even changing the bot names. I need a guide to find these, hopefully that isn't purely C++ or a scripting guide.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Arsenic »

Jonah

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004 01:35 pm CDT »
Most of that is pretty easy. go to http://www.pcrpg.org (main page) and scroll down, and above the link to these forums there should be a link to the guides section. I believe a few of those should explain most of what you're trying to do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jonah »

xRazorex: How big is an average 13 year old penis size?

Arsenic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004 01:42 pm CDT »
As I said, I'm looking for the files that govern the exp changes, etc.

Edit: Ok it's the scripts.vol, I'm going through it

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004 04:00 pm CDT »
So, essentially, you're attempting to make a clone of PCRPG. How about you make your own mod?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Silvanoshei »

The DoDoDo.

Your opinion is worthless unless you can support it.
We are not responsible for your stupidity.
I don't take sides. I take action.

Currently Playing:  Warcraft III [PC]

Arsenic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004 06:59 pm CDT »
How about stfu?

I have my own ideas on what I want to do, but I rather use Particle's server as my base to build up on and explore the map rather than use the basic rpg.

I don't care if he doesn't give me centuria, but I do want to know how to redo the exp system. I'm more learning how to admin and script than putting up a server as I don't have a dedicated system to do it on.

And as I said, I have other ideas for weapons and skills that Particle will probably not implement into his server.

Arsenic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004 07:09 pm CDT »

You also forgot that Particle's rpg server is a clone of the original rpg game with a few modifications.

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004 07:37 pm CDT »
Those modifications are what make it a mod. Duh? What the hell else is a mod? PCRPG is just that: Particle's Custom RPG. The EXP system, the bot names, Centuria, all of these things are part of PCRPG. If you want to suckle off of his success, do it yourself. Furthermore, I don't see any point in which I offered my opinion. I stated a fact and then asked a question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Silvanoshei »

The DoDoDo.

We are not responsible for your stupidity.
I don't take sides. I take action.

Currently Playing:  Warcraft III [PC]

Arsenic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004 08:53 pm CDT »
Then let me answer your assumption that, no, I'm not trying to clone PCRPG. I'm trying to use pcrpg as a base and then build up on it rather than using JI's rpg as a base to build up on.

And I could care less about tribes rpg server success. I'm trying to learn.

This is an assistance board, I didn't ask for criticism.

BlAcK-IcE

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004 10:38 pm CDT »
:shock:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by BlAcK-IcE »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004 10:49 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Arsenic"
no, I'm not trying to clone PCRPG.

[quotw="Arsenic"]I'm trying to use pcrpg as a base[/quote]

PCRPG isn't Linux.. Learn how to code and create your own ideas.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Arsenic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004 11:58 pm CDT »
Linux is actually easier because it is more stable if there is a faulty line of code to get around it ;p

If you change a map.dis you can risk the whole server to crash in Tribes. You know this better than me ;p
---

And if you must know, like Diablo II's 1.10 patch (the one that came out two years after the 1.09 one lol) has the ladder option game where the game clears the characters after a certain length of time with rankings.

I'd like to clone a ranking system and have ladders for a certain period of time, adjust the exp system accordingly (make it slightly harder than rpg mod but simpler than pcrpg mod) and then adjust remort level bonuses. Using centuria as a zone would be a plus but I don't really need it, this would take alot of work but I'm sure it'd be fun to capture the competitive spirit of trpg. Whereas leveling in a server that has a bunch of high remort levels and gods harms the fun aspect. Especially since PCRPG has practically no economy except in the form of dusts.

I'd like a server where people have to sell rusty weapons to get enough money to smith their longsword. And the benefits of such hard labor are relaxed pk policies and .. well, this idea is in development still. But I think it's pretty cool.

Arsenic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004 12:09 am CDT »
In addition;

Such a server can be successful with a small group of people doing teamwork for exp than loners that stay online forever. Perhaps more party bonuses?

As much as clears piss people off, Undergod you should know that there's fun in a rushing of lowbies after the clear. Plus I never specified how long the ladder matches can last, perhaps as short as 3 months to a year long. People will be made clear about what kind of server it is, and before the clear will have the option to backup their character in case they want to export it to a different server, which I'm sure I could cut deals with admins for. How far can people get in 3 months anyway?