Author Topic: Official Mass Clear Vote  (Read 63451 times)

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
Official Mass Clear Vote
« on: August 16, 2004 05:29 pm CDT »
Well..  after seeing so many people for it, I thought an official vote would be at hand.  There are a few speculations for this poll, so READ THIS BEFORE YOU VOTE.

1. If you don't play the server, please don't vote.. feel free to voice your opinion though.  If you plan on playing the server if it clears, feel free to vote yes..

2. After voting, reply with what you voted, why you voted it, and if you would quit or not.  This is important, because the most active players will have the most say with their vote.

3. If you have any ideas regarding the dust system, or the God system, please share.

Here is why I feel it should be reset (I vote yes).  

1.  The economy problem speaks for itself..  everyone and his dog has a billion coins, which is allowing people to remort insanely fast, ultimately ruining the game for all the newbies.

2. A lot of characters have been hacked, or are blackscreened..  a clear would negate any problems there.

3. People may quit, but the people who enjoy playing the game for what it is will stay.  Also, this will bring in a lot of new people because they won't have to worry about high remort level assholes.

4. If a clear should happen, admins will be much more careful when giving quest prizes.  This will also make quests easier and more applicable to all players, since there won't be such a huge RL difference.

5. Starting over is fun!

If you disagree with something that someone says, don't turn it into a flame war..  simply state why you think they are wrong and move on.  I'll be guarding this thread for un-needed spam, so don't even try it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004 05:36 pm CDT by LastWish »

BlAcK-IcE

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004 05:31 pm CDT »
Yes because I know people who would come back.  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by BlAcK-IcE »

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004 05:33 pm CDT »
1) No.
2) Starting over isnt fun.
3) Its a little soon for a clear, isnt it? The last "GREAT CLEAR" was after like we had 30 gods and a remort 300+(eViL)
4) The more you clear it, the more people will find ways to exploit it to get their stuff back, (ie. people find way to dupe coins so they can have the same coins they had before)
5) Starting over is fun IF YOURE AN ADMIN.

Still thinking of a 5.

Yay.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

Jim

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004 05:36 pm CDT »
I voted Yes....

It gives me a reason to quit tribes....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jim »

LostRelic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004 05:37 pm CDT »
No. The only thing that should be cleared in this game is the money, I wouldn't quit, I'd still continue to play, but, money seems to be the problem. All the money somehow came from someones account, such as the account PseudoMessiah, one of achros old char, before the new owner of pesuedomessiah quit, he handed out 10 billion to friends. Money seems to be causing the problem.

The dust, it should no longer be magical and throw you up into the air, I still see people doing it when told not to do it. And overall dusting should completely be removed.

For all the players rl 50 and up, it should be twice as hard to level for them as it is for a rl 0 - 49. As seen in the server, particle raised the max exp given to a player. Well, maybe max exp should be kept until rl 50, and then it converts back to regular exp.

Also, as said in another post, the rl to obtain god should be raised, and like I said, you could even make it 3 times as hard to get there. Such as doubling the skill to get there, instead of 300 skill for a battle axe, they'd need 600 or so. Instead of 3500 hp at level 1, they'd have 500 hp at level 1.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004 05:52 pm CDT by LostRelic »

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004 05:38 pm CDT »
Those are good ideas, but they don't address the problem at hand.  Money isn't the only problem..  there are already a LOT of high remort people who don't deserve to be there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by LastWish »

Jim

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004 05:39 pm CDT »
Maybe....

Everyone as a GOD should be set back to RL 10

Everyone as RL 50-20 Should be set back to RL 7

Everyone RL 20-10 should be set back to 5

WIth a mass Money Clear and old EXP system

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004 05:41 pm CDT »
The old EXP system is too easy..  people will get to God even faster that way.  I like your idea about setting the remorts back, but that would require a bunch of work from Particle.  A full clear sounds more reasonable to me..  besides, why let the high remorts stay higher than everyone else?  This is about evening the playing field.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004 05:42 pm CDT by LastWish »

Jim

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004 05:41 pm CDT »
Thanks Harry

LostRelic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004 05:42 pm CDT »
Another suggestion adding to mine, is that there should be a clearing of RP. People powerrank over and over again. Everyones RP should be cleared.
Edit:
Whats the point of having a god class then, there shouldn't be one, Like the max is level 174 for someone who isn't a god, lets say, every 5 rls the max level is raised. rl 5 - 175, and so on and so fourth.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by LostRelic »

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004 05:44 pm CDT »
It would be much easier to clear totally rather than pick little things to reset..  that would be way too much work for Particle to have to do.  If we do a mass clear, there wil be nothing that we forgot about.

LostRelic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004 05:49 pm CDT »
This vote should also be brought into the server during gameplay, to notify other players of it, not everyone in the server is on this forum. I'm sure other players would like to have a part in this also.

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004 05:52 pm CDT »
I plan on it when the server comes back up :D

LostRelic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2004 05:52 pm CDT »
Good girl  :)

BlAcK-IcE

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004 05:53 pm CDT »
Put old exp system back, if there a mass clear you wouldn't get there fast.
Have no quests give over 500 exp, or 20 SP. No luck be given out or RP.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by BlAcK-IcE »