Author Topic: "Recently Returned to TRPG"@TRPG Forums  (Read 5839 times)

Chibi Otaku

• Goblin Pup
"Recently Returned to TRPG"@TRPG Forums
« on: October 31, 2004 04:48 pm CST »
Quote from: "Thanos"
I haven't played rpg for years.Last time I played was on JI's server.I can't post on the pcrpg forums,becasue of no free email accounts aallowed,so I am forced to post them here.

I understand mugging and player killing is part of the game,but only to a point.I logged into the game,for the first time in years mind you,and within 15 minutes I was pk'd and robbed.

Ok no biggy.

I try to lvl and get help from a few nice people.I go to town to sell,so that I might be able to get better gear,after I sold all my coins were stolen.Ok fine,gonna happen sometimes.But it happens on a near constant basis.

I created a new char and within 1 minute,not even left the spawn room yet,I was promtly mugged.That was unacceptable.How can you steal from a lvl 1 person,in the spawn room,and think thats ok?

I guess I am living in the old school days of rpg,when people actually were nice to new players and tried to make friends.I used to have a friend on JI's server named SlimShady,but I doubt it is the same person who posts on the pcrpg forums.

Anyways I am done venting.See everyone in the server later.

Thanos

Just bringing that to your attention, since he couldn't register here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Chibi Otaku »

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004 05:04 pm CST »
Tell him to give me his email address, ill sign him up for gmail if he wants to post here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

jusAnthony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004 05:06 pm CST »
How do you get a gmail account these days?

AS
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by jusAnthony »

Hollywood

• Orb Member
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004 05:31 pm CST »
There aren't any admins left. What can you expect.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hollywood »

GE

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004 05:50 pm CST »
only admins I've seen on is Draak and Hobbes... The pK's are on the most.

*edit* oops and I forgot about Snails. oops sorry man
« Last Edit: November 1, 2004 03:44 pm CST by GE »
"Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire"

"The End Of The Road Is My End. It Justifies My Means." -Slipknot

Lucid

• Orb Member
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004 10:26 pm CST »
the game looses its fun when being an admin consists of kicking people and then having to post a followup to their rediculous post on the forum.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lucid »
::[  {-o-} Lucid   ]:[  Clan Orb .]Forums[/url]  ]:[  Clan Leader  ]::

GStricto

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 2, 2004 08:55 pm CST »
I still think that if I had admin for a week, I would be the most hated, most feared, and most fair admin ever.  Screw the assholes that fork the server over...  I would "deal" with them all in the first week then promptly have my admin taken away.  But it would be cool with me...  It would all be for the better good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GStricto »

Quote from: "Artorius"
Gnight.... Gstricto is obviously picking on you because he is a dirty racist.
So ironic that a heart made by man, when broken is easily fixed.   But a human hurt can last a lifetime.

Frantic

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 2, 2004 09:06 pm CST »
Screw the assholes that f*** the server over... I would "deal" with them all in the first week then promptly have my admin taken away. But it would be cool with me... It would all be for the better good.

Yeah, you and every other jackass in the server.  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Frantic »

GStricto

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 2, 2004 09:33 pm CST »
Have you ever played the server when I have been on?  You must honetly have your head up your ass, I'm one of the nicest, most generous people you could meet on the stinkhole it has become since the clear...  People like HUBBA, Taurik, and others made that server fun...  For you to come call me a jackass shows how naive you are.

The only people I'm an asshole to are the ones that piss me off or that pick on others.  I suguest you think before you speak, I can be one of the biggest assholes you have ever met.  I know I'm smarter than you, don't make me prove it and make you look like a babbling 3 year old.

(And yes, in case your tiny brain didn't catch on, it's late, and you hit a nerve...)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GStricto »

Quote from: "Artorius"
Gnight.... Gstricto is obviously picking on you because he is a dirty racist.
So ironic that a heart made by man, when broken is easily fixed.   But a human hurt can last a lifetime.

Razore

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 2, 2004 09:39 pm CST »
Ive known Gladio for a bit. He knows how to act fairly, actually. Everything we've all come up with for his new rpg, hes put credit to us and stuff like that. He is probably as far from a jackass that you can get. 99/100 people know that.

Hollywood

• Orb Member
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 2, 2004 11:15 pm CST »
Frantic is Jonah. The only reason he is here is to be an ass.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hollywood »

Frantic

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 3, 2004 01:51 pm CST »
Quote from: "GStricto"
Have you ever played the server when I have been on?  You must honetly have your head up your ass, I'm one of the nicest, most generous people you could meet on the stinkhole it has become since the clear...

Yeah, I've been on the server with you. You're a bit quiet, though, you don't seem to say anything at all. But I do see the way you present yourself here, and so far you've acted like a complete dipmalarkey.

Quote from: "Gstricto"
Screw the assholes that f*** the server over... I would "deal" with them all in the first week then promptly have my admin taken away

You hate the assholes, so you decide you'll become one? Way to be the bigger person.

People like HUBBA, Taurik, and others made that server fun

Taurik is on his way to be the first person to completely fork the server over since the second clear. What a cool guy.

The only people I'm an asshole to are the ones that piss me off

Seems like you take the game a little too seriously. Can't take getting mugged? Play something else.

For you to come call me a jackass shows how naive you are

So prove me wrong. So far you seem like a kid who wants to get revenge on the bullies who picked on him.
 :cry:

I know I'm smarter than you, don't make me prove it and make you look like a babbling 3 year old.

Uhh.. good for you? Way to turn this into a pissing contest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Frantic »

nesso

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.google.com
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 3, 2004 11:46 pm CST »
who the fk cares, the game is dead already, the golden age of TRPG ended years ago... i'm guessing Particle still bothers to host a server is for the people that haven't expierenced it, experience it

basicly theres no point in playing... since you know your character won't last forever and you know the highest point in the game is when you have a super ultra stronger character and all you do with it is PK and mug people

and seriosuly... the server is so fk'ed up with the money and economy, there is no point of super uber strong players to help noobs, all they have to do is throw 1 mill at them and BAM they're set for life

to make the game better is to make it harder to earn money and that is bound to fail unless #mug and all that good stuff for a thief is taken out, because when it takes forever for people to earn money they want their money's worth and not have a thief take it away in 2 seconds

but if you take out the the stealing ability less people will be interested
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by nesso »

Ze Proteje to Particle's Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2800+
2.4 GHz
512 MB of RAM

Razore

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: November 4, 2004 08:51 am CST »
Or we can set it up so its harder to mug and steal when the person is awake, and 10x easier when the person is sleeping, and when someone mugs and fails, he becomes a wanted person, and everyone can go after him.

Just make it 100x harder to mug, and when they fail make them wanted by everything. And if they mug so much, an npc thats level 10000000000 will kill them and take all their stuff.

-eViL-

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: November 4, 2004 09:31 am CST »
meh, just stick my old char back in ;).  100x better than admin because at least you get the joy of killing them without the powers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -eViL- »
There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction