Poll

Who are you voting for? (Only if you are 18+ and registered to vote)

George "Dubya" Bush (Republican)
16 (53.3%)
John "Scary" Kerry (Democrat)
8 (26.7%)
David Cobb (Green)
1 (3.3%)
Ralph Nader (Independent)
3 (10%)
Other
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: November 1, 2004 05:09 pm CST

Author Topic: Who Are You Voting For, In 2004?  (Read 11377 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Who Are You Voting For, In 2004?
« on: November 1, 2004 05:09 pm CST »
Elections are tomorrow.  For those of you 18+ and registered legally, who are you voting for?

If you aren't elligible, please do not vote--just post who you WOULD vote for.

Me, I'm voting for Bush.  He's put his foot down on the draft issue and isn't pushing a re-ban on assault weapons like Kerry is.  Besides, we're still here 4 years later--how much worse could he do?  No, I'm not just a republican fanboy.  I'm registered as a democrat, but I refuse to vote with my party just because I'm a member (another pet peeve).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

GE

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2004 05:33 pm CST »
I live in ohio.. whitch as you know its a very close race w/ alot of electroal votes at stake. No president has ever won w/ out Ohio.

Im voting for Bush b/c I feel much safer w/ him as my president. I belive w/ him as out president he will not reinstate the draft. he ownt need to if thier is another attack. people will enlist (including myself) if thier is an attack in the near future.

He stands up for what he belives in. not for what is a good political view at the time (John Kerry).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GE »
"Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire"

"The End Of The Road Is My End. It Justifies My Means." -Slipknot

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2004 06:05 pm CST »
kerry.

and that's all Im not going to put my reasons becuase I dont want to start a fight.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
Quote from: "Aphex"
<3 google

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 1, 2004 06:39 pm CST »
If anybody degrades this thread to a flame war, they will be banned without question.  So go ahead, if you're up to talking as to why.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Bonzai

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 1, 2004 07:39 pm CST »
I believe the same as you Part. Bush isn't the best we've had but we've had worse and could get much worse with Kerry.  Kerry just doesn't  seem to be believable in alot of what he promises.  He's been promising more than anyone could possibly obtain.
    I don't vote along party lines but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Clinton era.  Economically Clinton did good but morally he did extremely badly.    So what's more important?  Money or morality?

Bush gets my vote.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bonzai »

funger

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 1, 2004 07:47 pm CST »
i would vote for kerry if he could explain what he meant when he said

" i voted for the war in iraq, before i voted against it"

i r confused
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by funger »

Hersh

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 1, 2004 08:08 pm CST »
Bush
1.) I'm a Texan.
2.) The evil you know is better than the evil you don't.

I stood in line for 2 hours eating a baked potatoe to vote. (It was good.)

I wish my vote counted....
(But I wouldn't trust a true democracy, people like Nesso would vote.*No offense, I just think you're diffrent.)

Viva la república.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hersh »

I kissed a drunk girl on the lips.
This post, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.

Snails

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 1, 2004 11:45 pm CST »
Imma gonna go with Bush.

Bush already knows the lay of the land.  I find his presidential messages, and press speeches informative and entertaining.

I don't like anything to with draft unless it's carbinated.

Money or morality, thats a good question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Snails »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 2, 2004 01:10 am CST »
Bush.
I trust neither of them.
As one President once said, four years in the office is hardly enough time to get used to the job. By the end of that time, you're just getting the idea of how to get it to work most efficiently.
For me, it's a question of who is going to mess up the country the least. Bush has had some practice at it, so he'd likely do a better job at not screwing up as much as someone who is brand new to the position.

Some interesting myths about who will win:
The weekly reader magazine for kids (an kids magazine that elementary schools use to teach kids) holds a poll every 4 years that asks kids who they think will win. Since 1965, the result of that poll has accuratly predicted the result. They say Bush will win.

The outcome of the Washington Redskins game has decided the results of the election as well. Since the first year they played as the Redskins (1936, before that they played as the Boston Braves), if they won the game before the election, then the current President would remain in office. If they lost, the President would lose the office to the opposing party. This year, they lost. According to that, Kerry wins.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

Lucid

• Orb Member
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 2, 2004 03:58 am CST »
interesting myths indeed.

"The evil you know is better than the evil you don't."

Very good point, i hadnt considered this, however, i still feel as though Bush has done this country far worse then anyone has done before.

I woudl prefer not to allow him to do it again. I dont want any more people to die, americans and iraqis (i beleive its iraqi's i cant remember, got a late night brain fart), then those that already have died because of his agenda (the WMD lie). Kerry could potentially do the same, but i'd rather take the 50/50 chance of it happening, as opposed of the chance of Bush doing it again.

And the patriotic act is by far, above and beyond the level of evil then i woudl have ever expected. its like were in a democracy with little hidden communist backdoors. If he remains in power, how many more little backdoors will he make?

Additionally i think the threat of draft is not likely. If it were instated by either as president, Americans would not stand for it, and i think the goverment knows this. They may mind control us with the media, but they know we wont tolerate a draft.

I do understand that i have no taken into consideration the littler issues, like their policies in other manners, but i feel the ones mentioned are far to important to me as an american, to want to live in a country that supports those actions.

I know there is alot to be appreciative for in america, quite a lot actually, but they come at quite a price, for me at least. I greatly dislike the extent of the media mind control machine here in america. Its nothing new, but its getting to a point where companies can blatently cram fear into people about random health conditions to boost their product sales. And they can yell at you every day about supposed 'color coded' threat levels to keep you in a state of suspense and fear, and drive you to spend more and more money in the defense industry. And these are warnings issued by the government, goes to show how much our country is controlled by corporations and not a democracy. It seems the more people we bomb, the more people get mad and send us threats and the more money we make out of it. I think when Bush bombed baghdad he pissed off alot of middle easterns.

I understand this system works and affords us the luxuries we have, but it feels like the goverment is doing a "google". Google is still the coolest, easiest to use, most powerful, versatile, and imageless ads service out there. but how long until it starts changing, bit by bit, slowly. It seems they've started the process already by expanding into lots of areas. I foresee google becoming a large part , maybe even some of its software being bundled with windows, and then slowly changing over to an annoying paid service in the future. This is how it feels with the addition of the patriot act, pretty soon theres going to be all sorts of fun little backdoor rules, or so it seems.

But i digress. So yeah, Kerry has no real strong points about him, but i woudl rather not allow bush to repeat what he did with the americans and iraqis that have died already.

I was thinking of throwing my vote away and voting for nadar, but nah. Im sure we'll have another 10 or so elections to get a shot at voting for him (when he's 102).

No flame intended, these are merely my views. However, despite my opinions, i foresee Bush winning. Would be amusing if it were a counting error from florida again heh. Far too few people seem to be aware of the percentage of gun toting iraqis (the ones who were more justifyably our target) to simple innocent civilian mothers and children that were bombed in Baghdad, or the simple total amount of people killed in those bombings.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lucid »
::[  {-o-} Lucid   ]:[  Clan Orb .]Forums[/url]  ]:[  Clan Leader  ]::

GE

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 2, 2004 07:21 am CST »
Wow, I got @ the polling place at 6:35AM.. and I was in line for over an hour.

Im glad to see such a turn out it showed that alot of people care about this election.

I respect ur views Lucid. If fact thier are a few issues that I think Kerry will do a better job than Bush.

I'm just glad I voted before I had to sit and wait in the rain.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GE »
"Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire"

"The End Of The Road Is My End. It Justifies My Means." -Slipknot

funger

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 2, 2004 08:30 am CST »
my feeling is that kerry would do a great job as president, if he could only make up his mind about where he stands.

but im afraid that i will not be voting for anyone in the next few centuries,
because that rite was taken from me, for knowing too much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by funger »

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 2, 2004 09:03 am CST »
lucid isnt even a registered voter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
Quote from: "Aphex"
<3 google

Hollywood

• Orb Member
  • Elvin Legion