Author Topic: The Pub  (Read 245593 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Re: The Pub
« Reply #1080 on: March 14, 2008 06:18 pm CDT »
Perhaps I should re-sticky this if people want to start using it again.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Trogdor

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #1081 on: March 15, 2008 03:47 pm CDT »
by Particle on Dec 31, 2002 1:16am GMT: New topic: Wierdest thing you've eaten that surprisingly actually did end up tasting like food.

Something we call a 'Twinky-Weiner sandwhich'. It's from the 'Weird Al' movie 'UHF'.
Basically, you cut open a twinky, stick a hot dog in there, and spray 'easy-cheese'. (That fake cheese that's in a whipped cream bottle) on the top.
It actually didn't taste very bad at all... I mean I wouldn't want to eat it every day for a month, but it wasn't that bad.
When life gives you lemons, choke on them and die, you stupid lemon eater.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #1082 on: March 15, 2008 06:22 pm CDT »
Oh malarkeye this is old.

Something from Holland that I got at a food stand. I couldn't pronounce the name, but I put in a Euro and opened the door. It was fried on the outside and was filled with a grayish-brown gooey inside that tasted like spiced, creamed pork...or something.

Oh, and Haggis. That malarkeye is excellent, actually.

Trogdor

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #1083 on: March 20, 2008 01:42 pm CDT »
Does anyone else notice how frequently this server goes down? (every couple days or so, for a few hours usually.)
I was just wondering if it's being worked on, or if the server is just crapping out more frequently than the other.
  I don't mean to trash-talk your new, shiny server, Particle (As I have seen it can handle MUCH more than the older one.)
but I am curious as to why it keeps going down.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #1084 on: March 20, 2008 06:03 pm CDT »
It has only gone offline twice in the last two weeks.  This happens when automatic updates applies updates and there is a hard deadline for a restart-by date.  In that case, WSUS issues a forced restart to the machine.  I really should just add the startup scripts to the startup group so it never seems like it has died.  In both of these instances, the server is just waiting there faithfully with nothing to do after the restart.

Edit:
Done.  TeamSpeak, PCRPG, and the maintainer will all auto-start now.  Somebody will still need to nudge me when this happens so I can login and get these things started.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Trogdor

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #1085 on: March 20, 2008 06:08 pm CDT »
Okay, thanks, that explains it... I thought it had gone down more frequently, but I'm probably remembering wrong. (My graps of time goes away during spring break and doesn't come back for a few weaks.)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #1086 on: March 20, 2008 06:29 pm CDT »
Before anyone complains, it is indeed down right now and it's my doing...not a failure.