Author Topic: So I went to a bar the other day  (Read 2421 times)

Noalear

• Zomg Hatr3d
  • Undead Hero
    • http://rt.pcrpg.org
So I went to a bar the other day
« on: October 11, 2006 10:45 pm CDT »
Actually I didnt because Im 19.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Noalear »
Almost as hated as Koro.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006 10:54 pm CDT »
Are you okay?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

Noalear

• Zomg Hatr3d
  • Undead Hero
    • http://rt.pcrpg.org
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006 10:59 pm CDT »
No. Im depressed. I thought I was the fat emo robot fag.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Noalear »
Almost as hated as Koro.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006 11:30 pm CDT »
Sorry d00d. I'm the fat emo robot.

I overheard my parents arguing about me. My dad is getting really mad at me because I dont know what I want to do, and he thinks im just wasting time and money by going to school without a purpose. He thinks that I wont listen to him, and will only listen to my mom, and that my mom isn't pushing me to do anything. He's also mad because I don't have any job experience, and because of that, I won't get anywhere in life.

At the same time, my mom thinks that I just need more time to figure it all out, and that shouldn't have to be in and out of school in 4 years. She tells me to do what I love doing. But you see, I don't even know what I love doing. The things I do now...the way I conduct my life now, is sheerly out of pattern. I'm used to doing what I do, so I continue doing it. But it isn't by any means FUN.

But, I don't feel like I have any right to complain. Here I am, worrying over what I want to major in, when there are other people who worry over whether they're even going to get dinner tonight. It's ridiculous. It's like a downward spiral of depression. But the weird thing is that I'm not SAD. I still smile and laugh and have a good time, I just...don't know anything.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006 11:32 pm CDT »
I can't say I've ever had that problem.  I could have told you in 7th grade what I was going to major in.  :)

Do what you like.  Don't do what you think will make money--though don't pick something that pays McDonalds' wages and will give you four years of college debt.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006 11:56 pm CDT »
your dad is right. kinda sad you are in college and dont have any work experience. get off your lazy ass and get one
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006 12:07 am CDT »
Cut your wrists and black your eyes.  JK, I love you Koro baby.  But yeah get your lazy ass up and go forking work you pussy...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by JayJay »

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006 02:02 am CDT »
Soon as this semester is up, i'm going to see about getting an apprenticeship at a local (and the only) instrument repair shop. It seems fitting, as I like to work with my hands and such.

The only thing i know for a fact that I like to do is Create things, whether its in my imagination or otherwise....and ideally, i'd like to work in the space industry. And I do want to get a doctorate degree earlier on.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006 10:19 am CDT »
Working in college is gay.  Only do it if you need the money.  Flipping burgers or checking out items at K-Mart for four years isn't going to add any valuable experience for any job requiring a degree.  People work through college because they need money, and not because they want work experience.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006 10:54 am CDT »
Take classes that interest you. You'll eventually find one that you really like and you'll follow it like a thread to a major that's related to it.

If you're depressing yourself about the fact that many people can't eat today, then do something about it. Feeling sorry about something never solved anything. Either get out and fix the problem or stop worrying about it.

When someone asks you how you are, no matter how you are, say you're Terrific! Telling people you're Terrific will throw them off guard. It's funny. It'll make you feel better and it'll make them feel better. Once you start telling yourself you're Terrific, you will be Terrific.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

WhoCouldIBe

• Undead Hero
Re: So I went to a bar the other day
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006 11:37 am CDT »
Quote from: "Noalear"
Actually I didnt because Im 19.

lol... You can't drink till you're 21. HAHA! Go join the terror war but don't have a drink to settle the nerves!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by WhoCouldIBe »

Please donate money to the starving and underprivilaged Coca-cola addicts of British Columbia.They have no money, bad clothes and a terrible diet, as shown in the above picture. Please please please help!Thank you.
Quote from: "Jeenyus"
Secondly, what the hell is a jog? I know the word job but not jog... As for a job, I have one and I earn money,

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006 07:22 pm CDT »
Quote from: "KoRo"
Sorry d00d. I'm the fat emo robot.

I overheard my parents arguing about me. My dad is getting really mad at me because I dont know what I want to do, and he thinks im just wasting time and money by going to school without a purpose. He thinks that I wont listen to him, and will only listen to my mom, and that my mom isn't pushing me to do anything. He's also mad because I don't have any job experience, and because of that, I won't get anywhere in life.

At the same time, my mom thinks that I just need more time to figure it all out, and that shouldn't have to be in and out of school in 4 years. She tells me to do what I love doing. But you see, I don't even know what I love doing. The things I do now...the way I conduct my life now, is sheerly out of pattern. I'm used to doing what I do, so I continue doing it. But it isn't by any means FUN.

But, I don't feel like I have any right to complain. Here I am, worrying over what I want to major in, when there are other people who worry over whether they're even going to get dinner tonight. It's ridiculous. It's like a downward spiral of depression. But the weird thing is that I'm not SAD. I still smile and laugh and have a good time, I just...don't know anything.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There are test out there that you can take that will help you pin point your major, if you are not sure at what major you want to major in. As far as jobs I would find out first what I wanted to major in then try to get a job related to that major.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006 08:44 pm CDT »
Would you happen to know what some of these tests are named? Or anything?
I took a small test at my school in the Career center. It was an "Aptitudes and Interests" test...my results were very depressing. I had no aptitude for anything I was interested in. In fact there were very few things on that test that actually interested me.

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006 05:14 pm CDT »
Hmm don't rember that far back. Let me look around I think I still have a copy somewhere around in a box w/ my old college stuff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »