Author Topic: Fastest car you ever drove?  (Read 8383 times)

WhoCouldIBe

• Undead Hero
Fastest car you ever drove?
« on: October 4, 2006 08:27 am CDT »
Tomorrow night i'm going to be going to a friends house, He drives nothing but porsches! He has this 2004 Porsche 911 GT2 twin turbo, Allmost 500 HP!

Before this my quickest car was a Totoya Celica GT4 TRD 4x4 owned by my brother.

Pics posted later!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by WhoCouldIBe »

Please donate money to the starving and underprivilaged Coca-cola addicts of British Columbia.They have no money, bad clothes and a terrible diet, as shown in the above picture. Please please please help!Thank you.
Quote from: "Jeenyus"
Secondly, what the hell is a jog? I know the word job but not jog... As for a job, I have one and I earn money,

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 4, 2006 11:48 am CDT »
Umm, I guess probably my brother's Lincoln.  I've never driven his 2005 corvette.  He wants to get a 2006 viper to replace it, which I guess would be faster yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

WhoCouldIBe

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 4, 2006 12:14 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Particle"
Umm, I guess probably my brother's Lincoln.  I've never driven his 2005 corvette.  He wants to get a 2006 viper to replace it, which I guess would be faster yet.

I need a nice corvette yesterday, it was yellow and had the plate "Lifes ok", made me laugh, i hope to capture my driving experience on video, it's not everyday you get to drive a $200,000 supercar, unless you actually own a $200,000 supercar :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by WhoCouldIBe »

Please donate money to the starving and underprivilaged Coca-cola addicts of British Columbia.They have no money, bad clothes and a terrible diet, as shown in the above picture. Please please please help!Thank you.
Quote from: "Jeenyus"
Secondly, what the hell is a jog? I know the word job but not jog... As for a job, I have one and I earn money,

IceCube

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 4, 2006 09:50 pm CDT »
This baby right here
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by IceCube »
let my fingers do the walking
and that Uzi do the talking.

IceCube

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 4, 2006 09:56 pm CDT »
But i have an Infernus Turismo and fbi car in my GTA garage

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 4, 2006 10:33 pm CDT »
I think it was a Toyota corolla...some friend of a friend was driving 100mph down a 55mph road. Surprisingly, he wasn't caught.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 5, 2006 01:36 am CDT »
It doesn't matter what kind of car you have driven..  it's if your balls are big enough to hit it's max speed on the highway.

The "fastest" in terms of acceleration was an 89 corvette (my first car) that had a dropped in LT4 from an earlier model..  330 HP I believe.  I got it to 120 before I chickened out on the highway.

I went from that to a pontiac grand prix (mid-class sedan, 98..  it maxed out at 105 because of an engine restriction) to what I now have..  a 96 honda accord.  Nothing special, I guess.  It maxes out at like 110.

My dad's latest girl has an imported (from germany, of course) 2005 BMW that she got in 2004. I had the opportunity to drive it from charleston, sc to greenville, sc alone (3.5 - 4 hour drive...  going the speed limit.  I made it in 2.5).

I was driving 2 friends of mine back from greenville to charleston, and I hit 150 on a slightly curved stretch.  The car really began to lag in acceleration at 140..  150 was as high as I could get before I hit a high angle turn.  It was amazing..  BMWs drive much much smoother above 110 MPH.  I guess that's a dangerously safe feeling..

I'm sure i'll get some sort of smartass retort from our favorite villain.

And what the fork is a guy driving a twin turbo porsche letting a moron like you drive it?  I mean come on..  he must not know your stupid ass.

unsavory woman.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 12Stones »

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 5, 2006 12:22 pm CDT »
Fastest I ever got my Camry to was 120mph I believe.  Its a little hard to remember, though, as my brain was in reptilian mode.  A bunch of drunk high school kids threw an egg at my car last Good Friday on a two lane road.  Somehow I managed a complete 180* in one motion without crashing the car, then raced after them.  Unfortunately, they were already moving at a good clip, and I chickened out as the cops in my area are everywhere.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 5, 2006 12:46 pm CDT »
Bullets can catch up to a car much more quickly.

For example, if they were moving at 85 MPH and you managed your 180 in 10 seconds moving forward say 300 feet (estimate based on city speed limits--if you were obeying them), they would be 1547 feet (~0.3 miles) ahead of you before you even began to speed up to catch them.  Even if your car could instantly accelerate to 100 MPH, you'd take 11 seconds just to catch up to the spot they were when you managed to do the 180.  They'd still be 1371 feet ahead of you, now 21 seconds into the ordeal.

A bullet on the other hand would make up time a lot quicker.  Say you took your time and slowed down to a smooth stop in 400 feet taking 15 seconds.  They'd be 2270 feet ahead of your position.  How long would it take a 5.56x45 to reach them?  About 1 second.

And the winner is?  Bullets.

Do I advocate you shooting people?  No.  I just figured the numbers might be amusing.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 5, 2006 04:09 pm CDT »
haha wtf part you sit down and do all the numbers?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 5, 2006 07:53 pm CDT »
Forgot to mention:  Nice choice on the Camry.  Was it the six cylinder model?

IceCube

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 5, 2006 08:37 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Particle"
Bullets can catch up to a car much more quickly.

For example, if they were moving at 85 MPH and you managed your 180 in 10 seconds moving forward say 300 feet (estimate based on city speed limits--if you were obeying them), they would be 1547 feet (~0.3 miles) ahead of you before you even began to speed up to catch them.  Even if your car could instantly accelerate to 100 MPH, you'd take 11 seconds just to catch up to the spot they were when you managed to do the 180.  They'd still be 1371 feet ahead of you, now 21 seconds into the ordeal.

A bullet on the other hand would make up time a lot quicker.  Say you took your time and slowed down to a smooth stop in 400 feet taking 15 seconds.  They'd be 2270 feet ahead of your position.  How long would it take a 5.56x45 to reach them?  About 1 second.

And the winner is?  Bullets.

Do I advocate you shooting people?  No.  I just figured the numbers might be amusing.

fork your gay ass malarkey

Artorius

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 5, 2006 09:10 pm CDT »
Go-Kart
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Artorius »

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."

- Joseph Stalin

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 5, 2006 09:23 pm CDT »
IceCube, I let you post here out of the pitty I have for mentally challenged people.  Please respect that by not spewing your retarded crap here.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: October 5, 2006 10:00 pm CDT »
I think you might be a little too late on that one, Particle =\
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »