Author Topic: ANOTHER report on Focus..  (Read 12721 times)

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2006 06:50 pm CST »
Now you see what my life in the server has been for the last couple of years.

Why do I stick around? Cause there are some players worth playing with and the I happen to enjoy playing in the comunity as a whole. When people have a problem I don't ignore them. When a character starts demanding and cursing me out. Then I tend to ignore them. When they start telling me how to do my job in the server and make demands on how I deal with an individual, I tend to also ignore them. In other words respect me and you will recieve respect also.

If you guys think that the server is bad now. You should have been there when I first started. No direspect to the admins in the past, but there was a lot more trouble in the server then there is now. Noobs were killed on a regular bases constantly. There was no one there like Tokath to help you level in Taveler's Den, or give you information. There was no god zone or nooby zone to level in. You had to do the Mino Marathon to get through your first Remort level.  Most of the time people ignored you if you asked nooby questions, they would come and kill you or told you to go play somewhere else.  If you complained to an admin like you guys do now. #kick was the answer, or you where ignored.

As someone said earlier. Shorty and LBDA did a lot worse to the server. Yes  Focus is a pain in my Arse. Has been for a while. One of these days he is going to push me overboard, but Focus has not since the last clear duped and exploited the server. He has also not given out MY personal information to the server, making my life complete hell, by having people call me to get on the server and run quest for them, or leaving stupid messages on my answering machine, calling me everything but a white women.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

kharandhil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2006 06:51 pm CST »
yeah its sad how noobs make too much drama out of this ,we all had to go through getting pissed because we get mugged and killed
mature persons get over it become stronger and kill /mug back...

rule breaking is hard to prove...i undestand pks wont be there every moment of the day
but sometimes i see stuff and wish I could do something about it sigh
like lots of times ive seen focus muggin rls 0 which dont have a clue about what focus did to them or that it is rule breaking and they dont know how to take ss...

other times u got type-s mimic killing a guy in jaten with casting...

admins and pks do a good job but theyre not always there...

for exemple jeen shan silver and major all had exam...(me too actually)
understandable but they werent there...
corona got a job...no more time
hubba and bonzai are busy obviously....
kingpin havnt seen him during months...
sako has been doing a great job but shes not that much on...

whats the point of all that?nothing except... i do thing taking more pks would help
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by kharandhil »
Je vous encule tous!

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2006 07:45 pm CST »
Quote from: "Particle"
To those who dislike how the server is maintained, I once again (and tiredly so) invite you to do something about in in the following listed ways.

1)  Become part of the staff through cooperation and being trustworthy--being an overall outstanding individual and then make a difference with your newly found powers.

I'm interested in becoming part of the staff.  I passed on the last pk trials because I was too busy.  Really I spend way too much time playing here and could do some good while on.  I hope hubba finds me trustworthy. I've been here almost 2 years and managed to piss off focus but still have not broken any rules.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

Sako

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2006 07:54 pm CST »
Seriously, people.  Quit complaining.  Do something about it, leave, or shut the fark up for once.

we WANT to do something about it.. but you refused many offer from PK and Admin about some punishement we offered. so we tried.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sako »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2006 01:39 am CST »
We could always just run things like California. Three strikes and you're out.
But then we'd have hardly anyone playing (for very long).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

kharandhil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2006 06:41 am CST »
Quote from: "Kyrie"

no i dont agree...
that system can be used can be a good reason if used against the right persons...
by this i mean good guys wont be kick and bad guys will
by god guys i m talking about guys like me who are just there to mainly play and talk a bit
the mugging and killing is something im not that interested in...
on the other side u got guys who keep breaking rules not caring aobut the rules; when they get jailed instead of acceting it they complain about it and start insulting pks...
they are mainly on to haras certain people...
i dont think seeing the diff between good and bad guys is that diff...
those guys who look for trouble are just looking for being punished
Je vous encule tous!

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2006 07:41 am CST »
I can't very well have everybody be an admin.  Admins should be few, pKs a little more numerous, and active, common players the most numerous by far.  I think we're about at the right level.  Surely nobody expects there to be somebody on all the time to babysit.  I do realize that most players are quite young, but a little maturity about the game is in order.  If something happens, do what you know is right.  If a pK is on, report it to them.  If no pKs are on that you recognize, tell an admin.  If no admins are on that you recognize, tell somebody the next chance you get, email or PM staff on this forum, or use an IM client.  Do not tell me, however.  I will simply redirect the complaint to Hubba for resolution since I don't play the game.

My role here is as the operator, maintainer, and provider of services.  I do not, however, need to know about in-game disputes.  Tell me about exploitation but not disputes or normal rule violations.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2006 08:45 am CST »

nichole richie found this out the hard way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
Quote from: "Aphex"
<3 google

kharandhil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2006 05:30 pm CST »
My role here is as the operator, maintainer, and provider of services. I do not, however, need to know about in-game disputes. Tell me about exploitation but not disputes or normal rule violations.

i never said i wanted u to come on to learn about disputes, i just wanted u to come on to have some fun...
I play rpg just for the chatting sometimes....

about pks and admins ...I just want to be pk lol :p
but not for the wrong reasons,duh...
mainly cuz pks have some extra things normal players dont have
in the past i've had some rare situations when there were no pk or admins on and if i had been a pk I could have done something about it...I don't think having one extra admin and 2 or 3 pks would be bad...

I just continue helping and being as useful as possible...however i feel useless at times...
Je vous encule tous!

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2006 06:49 pm CST »
If everyone's an admin then we all have an even playing field.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

Celtic16

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2006 06:54 pm CST »
If everyone's an admin then we all have an even playing field.

if you want everyone as admin then go make your own server!

Post your lvl 5 admin password below!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Celtic16 »

Sako

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2006 04:37 pm CST »
Quote from: "kharandhil"

whats the point of all that?nothing except... i do thing taking more pks would help

Excuse me sir.. First of all I had school too.. secondly, don't say that I am not that much on because I am probably one of the most active PK.. and there's also a fact that you forgot.. don't take it bad but you are ALWAYS on.. our life isn't PCRPG.. we can't be always on.. don't say bad things about current PKs, because your only goal is to get PK status.

Dont take nothing personnal but dont go too far.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sako »

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2006 06:33 pm CST »
Quote from: "Sako"
Quote from: "kharandhil"

Excuse me sir.. First of all I had school too.. secondly, don't say that I am not that much on because I am probably one of the most active PK.. and there's also a fact that you forgot.. don't take it bad but you are ALWAYS on.. our life isn't PCRPG.. we can't be always on.. don't say bad things about current PKs, because your only goal is to get PK status.

Dont take nothing personnal but dont go too far.

Maybe there should be pks that are players who are on all the time?  I see people on even more than I am.  If they can be good pks then I think they would be a good choice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2006 07:25 pm CST »
People change over time.  When admins and pKs are initially chosen, they are all very active players.  Surely you don't expect somebody to stay on all the time for the rest of their lives?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2006 09:08 pm CST »
Does that mean I can retire? :shock:

Just joking!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »