Author Topic: administator passwords...  (Read 3766 times)

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
administator passwords...
« on: January 3, 2007 07:06 pm CST »
first i would like to know where i can download the script for takath he would be useful on my new server, second i would like to have a list of all spells weapons armors and their stats required (incase i need to make my own tokath, or for personal use) third i would like to know how to place an administator password in (i made a dedi server called sergie's uber rpg, and i get no respect as a host so i would like to be able to place in my lvl5 password, and rule it like a host) and also any personalizing like the gambling button, packlines, and anything that would allow me to interact like a person who controls the system would be nice, as long as it is simple...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by sergiekun »
no more advertising i'm taking the server down, until further notice...
no one wants to help no one gets to try out what i just found on the internet...
pretty pretty tgx files, pretty pretty tgx files :)

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2007 08:00 pm CST »
LOL wow thats asking for alot.  If you want to know the stats of items go in the game and type #w itemname. Like #w longsword or #w melt.  People spent many hours on those quests scripts.  Thats lots of hard work just to give to someone on another server.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 3, 2007 09:30 pm CST »
Linneberg.com for Tokath scripts.

All item/class stats and information can be found within your RPG folder. Just browse the files.

The admin password question has been asked before. Just use the search button.

If we gave you our quests, then it wouldn't be personalizing your server. It'd be our quests on your server. Write your own quests! It's really not that hard  :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2007 12:50 am CST »
Put your server up so I can come hack it :P
LOL
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by sin »

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 4, 2007 04:08 pm CST »
Might I suggest if you do make custom quests, since you are hosting, make built-in quests so an admin can "call" on the quest.  It allows for more variety in that you can do a lot more....just make sure you come up with custom quests and don't mimic other quests out there otherwise you aren't adding flavour to your server.

Quote from: "sin"
Put your server up so I can come hack it :P
LOL

lol sergiekun although what Sin said is funny it is absolutly true in a sence.  If you download the RPG mod you will need to make sure to patch all of the well known exploits.  Such as the spells, and comchat expoits.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bovidi »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 4, 2007 05:47 pm CST »
Not to be mean or anything but you might want to study up more on running a server. Especially if you plan on running it for a while. There are a lot of hacks and cheats out there that you need to get rid of by coding it into your sever. If not, people are basically going to come into your server and laugh at you, and make a big joke out of it and exploit your server to the max..
The best way of doing this is by googling tribes.  There are several sights out there that can help you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 4, 2007 06:38 pm CST »
well another thing, eventhough i couldn't find tokath on the site mentioned i would like to know of a place where i can find all of the player and server commands mostly just player but, server is good also (not as much) and i also searched just for the word administrator, and came up with only my post...
no one wants to help no one gets to try out what i just found on the internet...

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 4, 2007 09:57 pm CST »
You just want commands that admins and players can use in the game?

Admin Commands:
http://forums.pcrpg.org/viewtopic.php?t=676

There aren't a whole lot of player commands, beyond spells, but all commands in the game can be found in the RPG folder.

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 6, 2007 01:09 am CST »
thanks for the help now all i need to find is some quests, map landmarks, bot's (loadouts, or merchents and stuff) and some better places to train than travelersdens minotaurs maze and such...

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 6, 2007 01:42 am CST »
Yes you do. As a server administrator, it's your job to create those things or hire people to create them for you.

I'll make you some quests, if you'll buy them.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 6, 2007 07:25 pm CST »
I'm blown away by your lack of desire to actually do anything but copy and paste the hard work of others.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 6, 2007 08:45 pm CST »
how much'll the quest's be eh? a free lvl5 administratorship?
or lemme guess cold hard easy-to-get cash?

aside from that i can't get the effing infobot, and healbot scripts to work right...

i got the admin commands working though...