Author Topic: Hey Particle..  (Read 2469 times)

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
Hey Particle..
« on: April 14, 2007 12:47 pm CDT »
Since you haven't read any PMs I've sent you in the past 6 months, I figured this would be the best way to contact you.

http://www.tribesone.com is basically the biggest tribes community left and they are hosting servers of all types (including RPG, football, renegades, base, etc..) and they are having problems with the RPG server being exploited with all the oldschool tricks to gain admin and crash the server.

Is there any possible way you could share your security patches with me/them?  They don't want any content--just the security patches.  If you don't trust me, you can contact them directly or I can give you the information of the guy who runs the servers.

I would greatly appreciate this :)  They didn't ask me to ask you personally..  just thought I'd take some initiative for them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 12Stones »

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]

bungle

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007 03:40 pm CDT »
phantom's hackfix is probably a good start.
http://www.beatme101.com/tribes/hackfix.php
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by bungle »
"If you dont like it, go play kirby air ride."

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007 10:23 am CDT »
ZOMG HI 12STONES. PLAY SOME MORE FOOTBALL PLEASE KHANX

EASYTARGET FTW
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007 04:40 pm CDT »
I read all my PMs, thank you.  Not all of them warrant response, however.  In the case of your latest, I'm sorry that I didn't reply within the one day you waited to re-post it in here.

Anyway, yes, I could probably help him out some.  You should direct him to my MSN, ICQ, or public email address.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007 12:06 pm CDT »
Dude, you don't have to get snappy with me..  you don't read all your PMs so don't try to tell me you do.  There is an outbox and a sentbox..  outbox means you haven't read it yet.  I still have a PM in my outbox that you never read which I sent months ago..  and it's even about losing my password.

Kingpin

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007 03:14 am CDT »
Or perhaps you should be nice to good ol' partical as he just agreed to help your friend.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kingpin »
"It is said that the meek shall inhearit the earth.....damnit..."

~Kingpin Strife, ranger of shadow~

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007 01:34 am CDT »
It's alright.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007 05:01 pm CDT »
I just checked the last 12 pages of my incoming PMs and found a single one that hasn't been read yet.

I'd say that's close enough to "all" to say that I generally read all my PMs.  Additionally, your friend has yet to contact me.  Is he still interested?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.