Author Topic: Peacekeeper Tryouts 2008  (Read 7045 times)

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
Peacekeeper Tryouts 2008
« on: January 6, 2008 08:06 pm CST »
To sign up you must be RL 45+ and a player in good standing. Players wishing to be considered for PK need to have a forum account  and  are required to have an account on any one of the popular messaging services. (MSN, AIM, ICQ, IRC).

To apply, post your in-game name, contact information, and tell us why you think you'd be a good PK, or contact and admin or pk in game and let them know since it sometimes is difficult to get an account here in the forums lately. If you are picked to become a pk you will be required to have an account here.

Please note that PKs should be active players and play (actual moving around, chatting in the game play, not AFK play) no less than 4 hours per week. The point of having tryouts is that a person is in the game when admins and pks are around so that we can try you out.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2008 08:13 pm CST by HUBBA »

astal

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
Astal PK
« Reply #1 on: January 6, 2008 08:13 pm CST »
Well.... Some people have actually said i would be a good peace keeper. Also one big reason i want to be one is because it seems most of the problems aren't taken care of. Example.... Shannara mimic killed me on day and i told peace keepers and NOTHING happened. Ive seen people shove cents and other bots to town. Nothing happens to them and its not so bad. oh wow you die once. well some peace keepers seem to jail people for 50k seconds just because they are jailing them. Ive seen people do far worse than shoving a cent to town and they barely get jailed for 10k seconds.

It just seems like things aren't getting done. In that case done right.
Anyway....

My MSN messenger is:
patrickrenner14317@hotmail.com
My Aim is:
Doggs789
My Yahoo is:
Doggs789

4 hours per week is nothing. I'm on almost all day even if I'm afk I'm usually at school or doing something for my dad. I'm pretty sure im on 4 hours a day at least. Even when i have major amounts of homework.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2008 07:41 pm CST by astal »

Celtic16

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 6, 2008 08:18 pm CST »
actually ya know what..i'd say astal would make a great PK! He has my vote!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Celtic16 »

JaiLHouSe

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2008 08:33 pm CST »
I definitely would like to be considered for a PK. I think a lot of small problems get overlooked in the game as a result of 90% of players being afk and not around to see a problem happen. A new player may not know he should take a SS and he calls out for a PK right when a rule is broken,but nobody is there to help. Im on everynight and im normally available, not afk. If i do go afk i check back every few minutes to make sure im not getting mugged by shannara. I think im liked by the community for the most part, and would make a good addition to the PK staff. Thanks!

Contacts:

AIM: MeStudd
MSN: Me_Studd@yahoo.com
XFire: Plum5
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by JaiLHouSe »

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 6, 2008 09:43 pm CST »
We definately need new ones. Thanx to widow for stepping up and handling a reguler troublemaker today. Congratulations.
We also need to lose some of the deadweight. Shann does not enforce the rules, uses his powers to further his own goals and outright breaks the rules. He just killed me for the 4th time in 22 hours.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by EVIL_INC »
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.
4th in doghouse. Last in actual server and forum rules broken.
Quote from: HUBBA
I kinda miss Evil's lengthy post.

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 9, 2008 04:41 pm CST »
I could put in 4 at least 4 hours a week.  AFK got too boring so it would be nice to get on and do something.  I've also been around long enough to know the rules and players.  Send me a forum PM if interested. I check here almost every day.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 9, 2008 08:48 pm CST »
I think the tryouts should be postponed until we know if the server is going to be cleared or not.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by JayJay »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 9, 2008 10:30 pm CST »
I concur, and that's what I was waiting for, originally. We can continue with the signups, this will give players on the server more time to learn of this and register if they have interest in trying out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008 05:54 pm CST »
That will be fine with me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

Dizzle

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008 08:50 pm CST »
In-game name: Dizzle
Contact Information: Clouded_leopard91@yahoo.com
AIM: BigDizzle91

I may not know many of you and many of you might not know me, but I do know about TRPG.  Particularly Particle’s RPG server, along with the forums.  

I’ve experienced the drama that can happen in the server first hand, haha, and I’ve also witnessed it from aside.  I’ve grown though.. and bickering, disputes, and “QQ’ingâ€
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Dizzle »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008 09:20 pm CST »
You'll need to get up to RL45, Dizzle, but you've got a few weeks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

Dizzle

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008 09:42 pm CST »
Well, with the possible character clear, I thought it would be a good idea if I waited for that to come into play before I got down and dirty with leveling.  Although there is a chance of it not happening, I think it would be in my best interest to wait it out and see.  

However, I can see how this would effect the decision if I would actually become a PK or not.  I got my first and only 13 RL’s in 12 days which doesn’t mean much at all, then had to quit for personal reasons. But hopefully I’ll get to prove that I am committed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Dizzle »

Sako

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008 04:28 pm CST »
In-Game Name :  Sako

Reason : I'm bad
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sako »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
Re: Peacekeeper Tryouts 2008
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008 09:31 pm CST »
Note: Jailhouse appears to have quit and should be removed from consideration for the trials.

astal

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
Re: Peacekeeper Tryouts 2008
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008 11:58 am CST »
Will these ever take place?