Author Topic: Password Recovery  (Read 5486 times)

Dasher

• Goblin Pup
Password Recovery
« on: August 18, 2012 03:00 pm CDT »
Hey guys,

I haven't played in a few years, and I can't remember the passwords to my chars.  Is there any way to recover them, and what do I need to do next?

Chars: Dasher, Tier
#cast seckz0r hornysanta
:D
-Tier

Master

• Orc Thrasher
  • Steam / Xfire : ads8023
Re: Password Recovery
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012 10:09 pm CDT »
i saw you trying to log on manytimes.. lol
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012 10:15 pm CDT by Master »

Master

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012 03:32 am CDT »
you'd better contact the admin.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012 09:52 am CDT »
If you can provide some sort of evidence as to your ownership of those accounts, your password can be recovered.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Dasher

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012 10:11 pm CDT »
Fantastic!  What kind of proof is usually considered sufficient?
#cast seckz0r hornysanta
:D
-Tier

Master

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012 10:22 pm CDT »
how about contact him with MSN? if him on , it will be fast way to receive answer

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012 04:40 pm CDT »
I usually pull up the character and ask about information contained in it that isn't public.  Specific patterns of uncommon items held, coin amounts, and guesses at the password are all usually a part of it.  People often have a vague idea what their password was which I can make a decision on if their guess is really close, but not all.  Something interactive is definitely best.  Teamspeak is easiest but MSN also works.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.