Author Topic: Happy 12th Birthday, PCRPG  (Read 9252 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Happy 12th Birthday, PCRPG
« on: February 14, 2013 03:23 pm CST »
Repost from the PCRPG.org homepage:

Happy 12th Birthday, PCRPG
Today marks the twelfth consecutive year that PCRPG has been running.  It's hard to believe that it has really been that long ago that everything started.  Especially interesting is the fact that the server was never even intended to be permanent.  Indeed, it was the community that quickly sprang up around the server and its version of the TRPG mod that made everything what it would eventually become.  Around 2005 and 2006, we were at our peak.  We had a full server nearly every night at that time.

As the years since then have come to outnumber the years before and those highlights have become distant memories, I do sometimes stop to think about the good times I've had due in no small part to all of you.  I wanted to take this time to say thank you for the last twelve years, and I hope those of you no longer around have found new and interesting things with which to dedicate your time.

---

Thank you.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Master

• Orc Thrasher
  • Steam / Xfire : ads8023
Re: Happy 12th Birthday, PCRPG
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013 10:58 am CST »
Happy Birthday!!

bungle

• Undead Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013 11:37 am CST »
yeaaaaaaaaah
"If you dont like it, go play kirby air ride."

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013 04:44 pm CST »
How long have you guys been playing personally?  Did you play TRPG before playing here?
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Master

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013 09:28 pm CST »
ummmm i think its been 4~5 years.
i started TRPG on PCRPG server.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013 03:01 am CST by Master »

Toby

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013 08:07 pm CST »
Word :) You still owe me beers part :) I havn't forgotten yet lmbo.

I think I started back in 2001-2002 Havn't gotten on lately maybe I should pull tribes off my exeternal and hop in there and give out some Keldrinite and $ for the birthday :P

P.S. yeah i know it's late..

Toby

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013 08:37 pm CST »
And of course noone is online lol oh well I'll afk mine still got like another 9billion coins to get :)

Master

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013 09:49 pm CST »
you still selling Knites?

Toby

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013 12:22 am CST »
Yeah pm me or hit me up on msn Acidviper5@hotmail.com

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013 06:20 am CST »
Happy Belated Birthday PCRPG!

Toby, I stopped by a few days ago and said hello no answer. ^_^

Toby

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013 07:07 am CST »
I was probably sleeping lol

rjm003

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #11 on: March 1, 2013 12:50 pm CST »
Meh, I was out of town, here's to another 12!

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #12 on: March 9, 2013 02:55 am CST »
I still play Tribes Base LT, but I still remember all the good times I've had on PCRPG in game and on the forums.  I've been around since Apex, LastWish, Floppy Pillow, etc were playing so I would say around 8+ years ago; I remember when the server would be jam packed(Minotaurs Lair was forking HELL with 5+persons).  I started playing before the last clear(1e+13 coins anyone?) and played until RL ~150 before finally giving it up(everyone sort of did), but it was a forking blast.  Particle, I never got the chance to say thanks so...Thanks tons man.  I'll be drinking in your honor this weekend, cheers.

IceCube

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013 11:18 pm CDT »
Has it really been that lol? Wow is the server still up? What is everyone doing these days after playing TRIBES rpg?
let my fingers do the walking
and that Uzi do the talking.

Toby

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013 06:40 pm CDT »
I still play Tribes Base LT, but I still remember all the good times I've had on PCRPG in game and on the forums.  I've been around since Apex, LastWish, Floppy Pillow, etc were playing so I would say around 8+ years ago; I remember when the server would be jam packed(Minotaurs Lair was forking HELL with 5+persons).  I started playing before the last clear(1e+13 coins anyone?) and played until RL ~150 before finally giving it up(everyone sort of did), but it was a forking blast.  Particle, I never got the chance to say thanks so...Thanks tons man.  I'll be drinking in your honor this weekend, cheers.

You forgot me jj >.>