Author Topic: Back from the dead  (Read 16297 times)

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
Re: Back from the dead
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013 06:37 pm CDT »
Looks nice, if you guys ever want new character models just ask, I have a few which I can share (scaled rpg players (25%, 400% if I recall), cow, pig, chicken, cat, dog, bat, giant spider, horse)

Coal85

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #31 on: September 6, 2013 10:21 am CDT »
20+ new furniture prefabs created and ready for use. Also added about 30 new textures to the trpg mod itself. I havn't heard malarkey from particle or Arf. Working through Phantom and his trpg servers to have these shapes added.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013 07:55 pm CDT »
Looks nice, if you guys ever want new character models just ask, I have a few which I can share (scaled rpg players (25%, 400% if I recall), cow, pig, chicken, cat, dog, bat, giant spider, horse)
A 400% scaled player model would be awesome for an uber-powerful mega boss. Maybe find a cyclops skin for him too?

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014 08:21 am CST »
If you're still working on this, Coal, I think it's time to start adding content to the server's map.  The models look quite good.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Vi

• Undead Hero
  • Viral
    • Zack Ganous Level Design
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2014 07:34 pm CST »
Ah ancient brush based tools and creations from the Quake days, how I miss thee. :(
Level Designer - www.zackganous.com

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014 04:04 pm CST »
It's the only kind of mapping and modeling I'm familiar with, truth be told.  I used to enjoy making levels for games and game mods, not that I was particularly good at it.  I can remember a few mostly complete CS maps, a handful of Quake 3 maps, and one Sven Coop map in addition to some prefabs I made for the Binker & Newbie's client side TRPG patch they made for their own server in the early 2000s.  The result of that effort is exactly why I have always been so hesitant to go client side over the years--their server lost players after the patch and it never recovered.  These days it's not so much an issue as we don't have many newbies anymore.  Those who want to play here want to play here, and they would know to look for some content.

We also have the option of using the automatic update system I wrote ages ago for this very purpose.  The handful of people who play could be automatically sync'd up.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2014 05:13 pm CST »
Particle, as a note if you ever want to use Client::setSkin on an AI it is only a 1 byte change in the tribes.exe file

Address 0xB484
Before: 0xB0
After: 0xF8

Oh also if you want any giant spiders/horses/bats I can give them to you...although they require new PlayerData structures since they are actually new player models

Master

• Orc Thrasher
  • Steam / Xfire : ads8023
« Reply #37 on: February 5, 2014 08:41 am CST »
that would be great !