Author Topic: Adding items to merchants  (Read 18755 times)

Gwarx

• Goblin Pup
Adding items to merchants
« on: January 3, 2003 03:04 pm CST »
Anyone know of a tutorial that explains how you add a new item to a merchant? or how to create new bots with inventories? I'm very confused atm seams the data is somehow inbeded in the map volumes or something but not sure how to read that data.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Gwarx »

Gwarx

• Goblin Pup
Re: Adding items to merchants
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2003 04:35 pm CST »
Hmmm been looking at it more and more and I belive the item list data is imbeded in the map seam they are indexed in shopping.cs however when i try to get read the info for the merchant markers in the tribes editor it crashes. Do i have to use worldcraft maybe?

I do not think it would be too hard to make active locations that open custom inventory stations. So every merchant basicly was the same as a station, just walk up and he shows you what he has. (instead of having to type the annoying 'hi' 'buy' commands ect.)This would make my problem much easier fix if it was all in the volume files. >:(

Maybe i'll see if i can change it that way, dosen't seam to ahrd from what i have been looking at so far. Least till fileplanet it back up so i can try woldcraft...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Gwarx »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #2 on: January 3, 2003 09:03 pm CST »
open the mission's .mis and search for Keldrin Merchant

That should be enough for you to be able to tell how to make a merchant.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2003 06:25 am CST »
Open up RPGMap5.mis in old faithful notepad.

Search around for merchants.. you will see a bunch of numbers in a single line when it gets to the merchant data... those numbers are the shopping indexes.. In order for a merchant to sell new items you have to add that item to the shopping indexes and then add the number of the item on the merchant..

TO change bot loadouts you have to go to enemyarmors.cs and go along with the flow..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

gwarx2

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2003 10:21 am CST »
Wow i never knew you could edit those mission files thanks a ton. This opens a few new windows for me. Lots of stuff in there :) Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by gwarx2 »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2003 12:31 pm CST »
Good luck to you.

/me fiddles with his hand for a moment

Live long and prosper.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.