Author Topic: Connecting to the PCRPG Server  (Read 3953 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Connecting to the PCRPG Server
« on: January 24, 2014 08:51 am CST »
The PCRPG server continues to faithfully run for those who wish to play.  It has almost been 13 years now I think.  If you need some assistance connecting to the server because it will not show up in your server browser list or some such other reason, you can always connect to it directly.  The address should never change provided you connect using the DNS hostname below instead of an IP address.  Any server IP changes (rare) will be transparent to you as a player so long as you do.

Directly Connecting to the PCRPG Server
To directly connect to the server, launch Tribes with the TRPG mod loaded , open the console (press ~), type the command below, and press enter:

connect("tribes.pcrpg.org:28001");

After a brief wait during which your loading screen may or may not change to the TRPG loading background image, you should find yourself connected to the server.  Do not be discouraged if the loading image does not change unless the connection attempt times out.  The server may be temporarily offline if that is the case.

Master Browsers the PCRPG Server Registers With
t1m1.masters.tribesmasterserver.com:28000
skbmaster.ath.cx:28000
kigen.ath.cx:28000
t1m1.tribes0.com:28000
t1m1.pu.net:28000
t1m1.masters.dynamix1.com
t1m2.masters.dynamix1.com
t1m3.masters.dynamix1.com
t1m2.masters.tribesmasterserver.com:28000
t1m3.masters.tribesmasterserver.com:28000
tribes.lock-load.org:28000
t1m1.masters.dynamix.com:28000
t1m2.masters.dynamix.com:28000
t1m3.masters.dynamix.com:28000
nixmarl.homeip.net:28000
www.concordia-driel.nl:28000

If you know of another popular master server or have information on one of these being dead, please message me and I will add or remove it as appropriate.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.