Author Topic: Sudden Absense = Job  (Read 3471 times)

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
Sudden Absense = Job
« on: June 22, 2014 10:10 pm CDT »
Not sure who's been on the server in the last month, because I sure haven't. I landed a job out of the blue. It's not ideal, but it'll have to do until I can get my malarkey in order. I've been without internet for the better part of a month, and it had its ups and downs, but I'm back now. I don't really trust the neighborhood I'm in, so I don't want to leave my laptop lying around and running. As such, I won't really be on much unless I can lock it down with something better than a Kensington lock, or install some remote tracking software and automatically back up the HDD every night.

But anyway, yeah. Got a job. Engineering-related. I design and build FDA-compliant 5S storage solutions for biotech and pharma companies. It's very small, only about 4 people, so the atmosphere is really relaxed (we have been watching the World Cup while at work). Pay isn't great, but it's livable. I can afford housing, food, and internet, with enough leftover to put into savings and go out to drink now and then. It's a stepping stone.

ShortStuff102

• phpBB REGISTERED
  • Undead Hero
Re: Sudden Absense = Job
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014 04:01 pm CDT »
hey congrats man!  that sucks, as i will be starting to frequent the server soon.  comcast comes on wednesdayh to install all my services
They used to call me Shorty, now they call me herpes, i keep coming back.

ShortStuff102

• phpBB REGISTERED
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014 04:03 pm CDT »
i bought a netbook yesterday running googles os.  tomorrow i am going to buy a nice desktop and i will be back
They used to call me Shorty, now they call me herpes, i keep coming back.

rjm003

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2014 02:31 pm CDT »
Cool, server has been empty lately

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #4 on: July 4, 2014 02:37 am CDT »
aaaand im back. For now. I'll be on and off :)