Author Topic: Thanks again, Particle  (Read 3211 times)

Vivaxx

• Gnoll Fighter
Thanks again, Particle
« on: August 8, 2017 09:21 pm CDT »
Well, I made a similar post 3 or 4 years ago. I thought another was due.

What other gaming community have you been a part of that has been supported so long, and for free, with no request for donations? While I VERY rarely log on to PCRPG anymore (once every 3 years?), I still consider myself a part of the community and I am so grateful to Particle for keeping it alive.

I feel privileged to have been, and continue to be a part of this TRPG community, the longest living (by far) gaming community I've ever been a part of.

I was 12 when I started playing on PCRPG. I'm 27 now, I hope to make this same post when I'm 40 :)

Thanks, Particle.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2017 09:28 pm CDT by Vivaxx »
Jonah, PCRPG player since 2002.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
Re: Thanks again, Particle
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017 11:19 pm CDT »
I just stumbled across all my old scripts and thought, why not see if it's still around. And here it all is, scripts and all still there, even a bunch of afk players, just like the old days!

Master

• Orc Thrasher
  • Steam / Xfire : ads8023
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017 10:58 am CDT »
What's up Vivaxx.

How have you been. hope see you in the game again!

Gnight

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017 05:30 am CDT »
I'm impressed PCRPG is still relevant.  I haven't been in the server in over a decade and my post-PCRPG life has been great.  I often reminisce about my time in PCRPG but years after I left, I never considered coming back because I never thought things could ever be the same.  I was just too bitter over the direction the server was going with my enemies one by one getting promoted to power.  Perhaps enough time has passed for that to be irrelevant now. 

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018 08:07 pm CDT »
Lets get back on the server, at least once a week; Sunday nights would work!

DaTheif

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018 09:57 pm CDT »
Yo I'm totally down for that. I'll be on this sunday night.

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018 10:25 pm CDT »
Awesome, I'll try to get ahold of some people, that would require MSN messenger if it still exists, I know AIM got shut down sometime last year...lost all my contacts.

Master

• Orc Thrasher
  • Steam / Xfire : ads8023
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018 04:42 am CDT »
sup jayjay! hope everything is going well with you.

i saw particle was working on server today.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018 08:46 am CDT »
Apparently I'm incapable of setting the forum post permissions correctly.  My intention last year was to make these boards read-only.  heh  Oh well, if people want to post so be it.  =)  [So long as spam bots don't become an issue of course.]

You guys are certainly welcome, by the way.  I've really enjoyed hosting the game server and its associated website over the years.  It is one of the favorite parts of my history.

I'm sorry that things worked out that way Gnight.  Please understand that since I was hosting but wasn't an active player myself it was difficult for me to fully sense out all of the tensions and rivalries amongst various player groups.  It was always an exercise to try and figure out who was being completely honest with me when they would share information or make suggestions because people have various motives.  As such, my visibility into who might have been the best candidate for a particular position was limited.  That said, I do think we mostly had good administrators and effective moderators, but I do also recognize that some staff members at times overstepped their roles or behaved poorly.  Many of us were young and angsty during the heyday, so I kind of understand it.  Ideally we'd have had a cohort of ethically flawless justice hammers moderating from above, but that just isn't realistic.  heh  In any case, I do hope you enjoyed playing for the most part.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Gnight

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #9 on: May 4, 2018 09:32 pm CDT »
Holy malarkey, it's JayJay!  Nice to hear from you too, Particle!  I should consider a return someday.