Author Topic: Strange, I Know (Coming From Me)  (Read 17619 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Strange, I Know (Coming From Me)
« on: June 2, 2003 05:53 pm CDT »
I've gotten the WorldCraft stuff to work before, but EVERY DAMN TIME IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS.  Now that some frustration is gone, let me explain the probHOSED'S THING DOESN'T WORK!*ahem*lem.  I can't seem to get the stuff to work (Hosed's mapconverter).  It just errors and crashes every time, and I've followed Hosed's tutorial to the letter.  Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get it working?  I do not have the time to put up with this malarkey.  Winner gets a cookie.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2003 11:47 pm CDT »
i know i know

but i wont tell you

mr_hosed@hotmail.com

seeing as how i dont have WC anymore

ill tell ya anyway

download WC2 not 3

tribes can only handly Vols made in WC2

just do WC2 if you can find it if you cant umm well gimme a min ill find it

..... its not on fileplanet dont look, you need a converter that should be on hoseds site to convert to WC2 files
« Last Edit: June 2, 2003 11:51 pm CDT by Vorter_X_ »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2003 11:49 pm CDT »
That's what mapconverter is for.  It turns Warcraft 3 maps into 2 and then the rest follows like it normally would.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2003 11:52 pm CDT »
yeah i realize that hmmm you followed all directions as recorded correct.
did you set the spawn location so its above ground instead of in the ground??? set it to somethin like 0 0 100 instead of 0 0 0 if it is at 0 0 0 sometimes it wont show up

try making just a cube at first and apply standard textures to it...

also you will need to put it in tribes\base of course and you will most likely need to put it in the registeruserobjects.cs
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Vorter_X_ »