Author Topic: Plasma blobs hint at new form of life...  (Read 2844 times)

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 7, 2003 08:05 pm CDT »
the truth about plasma "blobs".... Plasma by itself emittes an electromagnetic field in which the outside of the "blob" is positive and the inside is negative. It is these forces that hold many of them together and vibrating, several "blobs" acting upon 1 makes it vibrate. the "blobs" aren't actually communicating but rather, following the already set laws of science.
Exactly my point, though rather than blatantly stating it I provided other instances of vibration-based communication allready found in chemical and plasma forms of energy.

If they've found anything it is a new form of energy, but not a new form of life.  Electromagnetic vibration occurs between particles of similar materials in regular scientific experiments.  For example; fission-fusion ractions happen in the fission-fusion-fission bombs (commonly used to make these bombs is Hydrogen, thus the popular name, the H-bomb.)  While the fission layer causes the fusion layer to fuse, the other fission layer is being compressed and based on the microscopic vibrations of the electorns on the fusion layer going haywire, also goes Fissile, and blow the malarkey out of everything as it's reaction loses a controlled level.  Nuclear reactors employ the use of Fission with control rods which absorb the excited vibrations of the electrons so as they don't get out of control.  Fission could hardly be called a form of life as it is an instability reaction which happens when the fissile material is influenced to split.  I would post a link describing all the different types of fusion and fission reactions if I could remember it... I think it was http://www.fas.org/nuke/hew, though I am almost certain the site has moved and I don't know the new link.

Anyhow, Last Wish appears to understand what I was getting at; the Sun has multiple layers which are contstantly in a state of reaction which achieves the shrinking and enlarging size of the sun as it heats and compresses and cool and then fisses again.  It's in a constant state of Fission-Fusion reactivity according to scientists, and it's what scientists here on earth are basing Fusion reactors on... which is why I think a Fusion reactor doesn't yet exist on earth (the plasma reaction is too unstable to contain with out causing a major melt-down.)  Cold fusion is supposedly supposed to be able to contain itself, but I think that's a star trek idea myself ;-)

Finally, they could communicate information by emitting electromagnetic energy, making the atoms within other spheres vibrate at a particular frequency.

I doubt stars are on the same frequency.

To address this, I would refer to Evil's post but add a little bit...

I never did see communication as a classification of a living cell.  Perhaps interraction on some chemical physical or electrochemical or even electromagnetic levels could be a form of interraction, but I wouldn't classify it as communication.  After all, a cellular mass is a bunch of cells working together to achieve some common goal, but a single celled organism doesn't need to communicate with anything, as it devided on it's own, consumes it's own kind in some cases, and doesn't even need to communicate as it's life consists of consuming and cell division with out a mate.  It wouldn't make sense to me to classify communication as a need to classify a cell.  As well some could claim that because plants do not outwardly appear to communicate, they aren't cell based. ;-)  Though as Evil stated; all atoms emit a frequency on some electromagnetic level (I'll add on a radioactive level as well) and generate a field, be it as weka as it may seem.  If these things didn't emit an electromagnetic field, then they would not be limited by gravity, as they wouldn't have a common attractant or detractant (anti gravity) and thus would not be influenced by the laws of gravity... much like being in the observer mode of tribes... go anywhere and defy any kind of gravity or anti-gravity.

I gotta book.  Work is over.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

Jason_Xero

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 7, 2003 09:22 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Lidge Farkley"
If they've found anything it is a new form of energy, but not a new form of life.

Isn't this exactly like Condensation?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jason_Xero »
Gotta love SBC with their 6Mbps tier for 45$
(Yes, on their site it only shows 3Mbps, but it is actually 6Mbps, I would know :)).

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 8, 2003 01:08 am CDT »

Lidge Farkley wrote:
If they've found anything it is a new form of energy, but not a new form of life.

Jason_Xero wrote:
Isn't this exactly like Condensation?

Maybe I am confused, but I will answer what I think you are impylying. :-)

Clarification of what I mean is in order.  By a new form I mean a new physical manifestation of energy, not a new source or new type.

But... if you're hinting that this one sentence summed up the post... then I think perhaps you are correct, though I wouldn't go so far as to say that, as re-itteration and explainations are always a good way of putting accross what I am trying to say. :-)

Peace!

oh... edited in to add that they have a new http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/ site up.  It's pretty cool and pretty informative.  You should all check it out as it covers just about everything addressing nuclear weapons that's good and bad and physical in nature.  I read it once back in 2001 for a Report in History at college, and it was damn cool... it changed a bit in it's organization since then, but it still has a ton of really usefull information on nuclear weapons, thier physics, and the treaties and arsenals in place, among pictures and recordings of the first nuclear weapon test sites.  It's quite a site! :-D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff