Author Topic: more stuff please!  (Read 6547 times)

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
more stuff please!
« on: January 6, 2007 12:54 am CST »
where can i get quests and addons? like tokath and more weapons and such?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by sergiekun »
no more advertising i'm taking the server down, until further notice...
no one wants to help no one gets to try out what i just found on the internet...
pretty pretty tgx files, pretty pretty tgx files :)

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 6, 2007 01:45 am CST »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 6, 2007 09:08 pm CST »
i can't script maybe i'll pay my brother to try some for me, but i just want some to get people to join my temporary crud server, and ounce i get the hang of it all (i already am getting kind of good with some of the admin commands, and know everything on my basic map) then i will make a bother server to the origional pcrpg server, then more people will start playing pcrpg, and i get to have my own little bit of control... and for those of whome are reading this my server is "sergie's uber rpg" current admins  sergie lvl5,  miuku_ri lvl1, miukuri lvl1.
      not trying to hurt my own buisness, but this server doesn't have an uber amout on atuff, and all of the enemy names are still defaults, but that will soon change with more people joining, and more help...
       oh and any scripters looking for a job, heh, i'm open, if you can make any quest that isn't shorter than one min, or longer than a day, your hired, if you can make landmarks, and levels that dont look like a smart 2nd grader got ahold of a good computer, your hired. and most of all if you can make bots, weapons and armor, your definitely hired. the most payment for now i can give would be free administratorship levels, but ounce i finish my first week of work i'll have more than enough money for all willing to help me... and again the server is
sergies uber rpg
admins are:
sergie lvl5
miuku_ri lvl1
miukuri lvl1

thankyou if you are willing to help...
no one wants to help no one gets to try out what i just found on the internet...

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2007 06:59 pm CST »
crap due to my moroniacy the lvl 5 admins have been changed and sadley... are no longer admins, and must make new accounts... so the admins now stand as,
arcane lvl5, saiyu lvl5, miukuri lvl 1, miukuri lvl 1
no peacemakers for i know not of how to make them...
and sadly not a single player... maybe if someone could be merciful and help me get up to date with the origional server maybe this might be easier on all of us...
oh someone please help me with infobot and healbot i can't get them to run on my dedi server...

Bonzai

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2007 08:59 pm CST »
here's an idea..   stop asking everyone to give all their hard work away to a total stranger and come play the server first....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bonzai »

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007 07:29 pm CST »
i have played the main server and i think it lacks some things that i like and other people that think so too may follow my path or play on my server, it happens all the time, so if you dont like it dont complain just ignore it...

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007 08:56 pm CST »
So you realize you're asking us to help you build a server which you plan to use to directly compete for the playerbase? And you realize that this is the forum for a specific server, not TribesRPG in general?

Before you ask any more questions, why not answer one?
Why would we help you create something you'd use against us?

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007 06:11 pm CST »
against you? doesn't the whole borther server thing ring a bell in your cranium? it means both servers will work together, and will be allowed to be different, it's supposed to help you in a way by helping you appeal to a different side of the gaming pool, you can interest on so many players with the stuff on the main server, this server is to get more people to play that one, and also get other non-players to start playing.

i would never intend to harm the population of the main server or it's cencius in anyway, if this does, then i will have to find an alternitive, but that seems quite far off from now since noone is playing on my server, and i haven't been able to get any new stuff to work...

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007 06:35 pm CST »
So by giving you our quests/scripts, how does that "get more people to play" PCRPG? If you have our scripts, then add your own items/scripts, what reason would people have to leave your server?

"Brother/Sister" servers don't work. Unless the servers are sufficiently different in gameplay then they will simply compete for players. By asking for our scripts, you just want to copy PCRPG then make your own personal little changes to make it 'yours.'

Tokath isn't a server script, it's a player script. If set up correctly, he will run correctly.

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007 07:31 pm CST »
ok sorry i don't check technicalities as much as you apparently do... well small competing would be fine just as long as i can be helped, and get my server like the main server, thats pretty much all i want, or someone to help me make it like that, that would be even nicer...
well right now anyone good with placing dis structures would be helpful, because i need to get some things placed on the map...

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007 11:37 am CST »
I find it amazing your still asking for help.  Honestly if you want to create a server don't copy PCRPG, maybe try reviving one of the other RPG mods that is different from the other ones already out there and add your personal touches to those.  PCRPG is a great server, and Particle has worked very hard making it a place that everyone seems to enjoy so stop trying to steal other ideas that are currently in play.

Just revive a different RPG mod that isn't similar to the ones out there, and do the hard work of creating the code for your server yourself.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bovidi »

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007 11:44 am CST »
Quote from: "Kyrie"
"Brother/Sister" servers don't work. Unless the servers are sufficiently different in gameplay then they will simply compete for players.

I think a brother/sister server could work under very certain circumstances.  You need to have a playerbase big enough to support two servers. Splitting a small base in half makes each server look less popular than before. You also must have you character available to both. Sinister did a sweet job with this but I think his playerbase is too small to support two servers. A PCRPG/sinisters server player merge would be awesome.  If someone could get that to work it would be a good example of a working brother/sister server.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007 03:52 pm CST »
I have a pretty good pool of players.  I just have a crap server (which should be remedied in the near future).  I've also had problems with tribes being retarded and crashing due to memory leaks in some script and also .cs files that are WAY too big.  I can kind of relate to this guy because when I first started trying to put a server together nobody would help me and I got all the same critisizm that this guy is getting....everyone said the same things like...OMG, you're trying to steal PCRPG and F-you Sinister and all that stuff.  I was just looking for an outlet to express myself and I'm glad that I made some friends in PCRPG because Corona eventually gave me his version of RPG.  Since I was new to the RPG game and had played Particles server for over 2 years, that was the only thing that I knew about RPG, so I made a mistake and pretty much made a copy of his server (along with his rules as well).  Big mistake.  Alot of people looked down on our server as a result of this, so I immediately took all of particles zones out of my server and replaced them, then I wrote my own set of rules and established my server as it's own entity rather than some PCRPG knockoff.  The server is over a year old now and continues to be a great "alternative" to PCRPG.

Here's some advice Serg.  Get a basic server started and strap yourself in for the long haul.  You are going to have to spend night and day in it to promote it because people dont want to play in an empty server, they want to play in a server where there's interaction.  Try to do something unique because that will draw in players.  DONT go whoring around to other rpg servers trying to recruit players.  Learn the admin commands by heart.  Get a forum and learn how to moderate it.  If you have a server that starts to show up all the time in the server list, then people will start to notice you and may come in to check it out.  Dont be discouraged by hackers because they eventually tire of their own games.  You will need to learn to ban them based on their IP's.  Here are a few links that will help you get started:

This page has a few different mods
http://www.sinbot.net/mods.html

Admin commands
http://www.sinbot.net/webrpg/admincommands.txt

Free Forums
http://www.forumer.com

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by sin »

sergiekun

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007 05:56 pm CST »
thankyou thats all i wanted was just some mods small files anything you might spare, i wasn't realy entirely going to copy the main server it's just i don't realy now how to specify down to the exact things i want from it...

the main things now i need help with is infobot & healbot, and where do i put these weapon scripts i got from a generator?

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007 06:55 pm CST »
Get just the healbot script working first. It makes things easier.  The healbot script is NOT RUN ON THE SERVER. That part is very important.  If you want to host the healbot/infobot it will require you to run two separate tribes. Either on the same computer or two different ones.  You run it under normal tribes as a script.  Like make a player, join your server. As long as you followed the instructions http://http://www.linneberg.com/tdenbot.html it should be a working healbot. Then you can go follow the infobot instructions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »