Author Topic: Official Mass Clear Vote  (Read 63925 times)

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2004 08:46 pm CDT »
I vote no. And I really doubt that I would have to explain why.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

Talliun

• Goblin Pup
As the road continues..
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2004 08:50 pm CDT »
Howdy,

Well after some people have read through and digested my post (sorry I had to get it all out). I mean, that is what we wanted right?

Ideas. Input. Observation. Analysis. Improvement. Concepts.

I have placed mine, input?

Signed,

Talliun
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Talliun »

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2004 08:58 pm CDT »
you know a game is old when they just give it away.

I've been playing for a while now and it hasnt gotten old yet. I started out playing shifter and annihilation. then found rpg. I dont play rpg so much for the game, but more for the community. Its something to do with your friends that is fun.  many of you move on and play other games but this is pretty much the only game I play.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
Quote from: "Aphex"
<3 google

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2004 09:03 pm CDT »
No.. It is sad that a good game to people in this era is one large chatroom. What actually happens in the game doesn't matter. You get your "strong" characters and pout when they loose something.

I just lost enough uniques in D2 to make Blizzard cry such as a BOTD, Stormshield ect. Yeah I was a little dissapointed in it, but I went on.

I know every day I have to wake up at 5 in the morning to go to work and not get back home untill 11 that night. That is reality. Do I need a game to make up for lost time? I have actually found in the recent months that reading books or doing research can be quite entertaining aside from its great payoffs.

Everything has deminishing returns at some point. Though I can safely say that in the past few months I have felt better about my life than I ever have in the past when I played games to escape reality.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Jim

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2004 09:08 pm CDT »
Just get Shadow Master or Jamellas....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jim »

Talliun

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2004 09:28 pm CDT »
Ozzy,

You've sort of escalated this to another plateau outside the original scope of the discussion. Not that's bad or anything, but its probably putting too many things on the table. We dont want to collapse the discussion with new OT issues.

Youre looking at the gaming community in general and how it directly related to your life, and how it may be the same story for others. Reality versus a digital world, and where they are defined or what substance they really have in comparison.

Your logic and points are all valid though; just it seems that the connection between your points and what were at least trying to gather here today are loosely connected or self-applicable.

For some people, once they like a community they stick through it, it becomes an alternate world. And like in the real world, everyone has their own sense of how they fit in. I mean here, and right now  there are still people looking for solutions.

You have thoughts of apathy right now; you just think that its dead based on your surroundings. As long as people believe there is something credible here, they will continue to push the barriers and try and improve. This is fine, a balance is basic fundamental.

Hey, who knows, youre maybe right in some ways, but I think its good that we can come together here and sort out some ideas. Maybe we can take something from this and apply it to some other mod communities.

Signed,

Talliun
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Talliun »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2004 09:44 pm CDT »
Double exp makes this leveling system a lot easier.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Jonah

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2004 09:57 pm CDT »
Particle, the owl hoots at midnight.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jonah »

xRazorex: How big is an average 13 year old penis size?

DeadBreed

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2004 10:24 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Corona"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by DeadBreed »
Agent556, out.

Scrizaks

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2004 10:47 pm CDT »
I voted yes because the server went to hell.

Also... I think starting over would be hilarious to see all the little baby newblets running around dying all over the place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Scrizaks »

-eViL-

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2004 10:50 pm CDT »
Quote from: "DeadBreed"
Quote from: "Corona"

explain it or it means nothing in the end.

Quote from: "Scrizaks"
I voted yes because the server went to hell.

Also... I think starting over would be hilarious to see all the little baby newblets running around dying all over the place.

someone strip the newblet of his admin so we can all watch him run around and die.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -eViL- »
There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2004 11:24 pm CDT »
Quote from: "-eViL-"
explain it or it means nothing in the end.

:shock:
I cannot believe that you would even ask me to do this. But since you have: I voted No because voting Yes would help to bring about a process that would strip me of my pcrpg characters and their money + items. And afterwards, before I could even begin to rebuild my own post-clear character, I'd have to remake my healbot char.

I'm eccentric perhaps -- but I'm not insane. That is the reason I voted No.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

FloPPy_PiLLoW

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2004 11:31 pm CDT »
The clear would be great. It would involve alot more skill to level up. without people having billions of coins. It would be great!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by FloPPy_PiLLoW »

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2004 11:37 pm CDT »
i agree with floppy. it would force people to get along or get out. I quit cuz i found the game to be meaningless with all the above people, plus the fact that i have 5mil coins and it didnt get me anywhere. Plus the fact that I had to start over more than once. I voted for clear, and if there is one, I will definately come back.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2004 12:09 am CDT »
Quote from: "UnderGod"
It didn't work the first time, what makes you think it will work again? All the suggestions are exactly the same as they were before. It is almost a complete repeat of before with the exception of maybe me.

This game engine is a decade old. Tribes has had it run. TRPG has had its run. PCRPG has had its run.

HL2 will be out soon along with T:V

i voted no b/c like ozzy said, tribes is getting old. what isnt tribes 6 years old now? t:v is almost out and if u clear now i think uill lose more people than u really think you will. yea the close people of the server might stay but how many is that 15? this server prob has over 200 chars that play alot. and how many gods kept playing and made god again after the last clear?

i know after super tvt got cleared for peep cheating, all of the high players     including me didnt think it was worth it to play anymore and quit.

i think clearing everyone is a little to far fetch.  i think a money clear is a good idea and maybe adding more admins which will prevent players from cheating when admin arent on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »