Author Topic: Official Mass Clear Vote  (Read 63961 times)

DeadBreed

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2004 12:12 am CDT »
i just got back up to my normal levels after i got partly tricked into remorting...  if theres gonna be a clear at least dont let it be any time soon...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by DeadBreed »
Agent556, out.

Hollywood

• Orb Member
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2004 12:21 am CDT »
Maybe you suggesting money clear don't quite get it... A great deal of illegit money has already been turned into illegit remorts. Most of the God characters don't deserve it and many high remorts shouldn't have them either. We need a total wipe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hollywood »

Nittmo

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2004 12:32 am CDT »
I vote yes for all the reasons Last Wish posted
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Nittmo »
-Nittmo

FloPPy_PiLLoW

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2004 12:40 am CDT »
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Maybe you suggesting money clear don't quite get it... A great deal of illegit money has already been turned into illegit remorts. Most of the God characters don't deserve it and many high remorts shouldn't have them either. We need a total wipe.

That is a very good point. But who are you? Like on the server?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by FloPPy_PiLLoW »

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2004 01:06 am CDT »
To those of you who think tribes is a dead game..

It may be dead to you, but there are a lot of us who enjoy the community and what tribes still has to offer.  Call it old fashioned..  call it not wanting to buy a $1000 computer to play the latest games.. call it whatever you want!  We are still here, and we still want to play..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by LastWish »

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2004 01:12 am CDT »
True Dat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by JayJay »

FloPPy_PiLLoW

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2004 01:21 am CDT »
LOL.... some of us don't even have $200 dollar computers :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by FloPPy_PiLLoW »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2004 01:41 am CDT »
I vote yes, because of all the trouble that is going on in the server. If people leave, then they leave, that is there choice. You can't make everyone happy.

1. We have tried to fix the money situation in the game and it has not worked, people are not willing to give it up. They stash it with an unknown character when Admins or PK are not on. By clearing the whole server this would solve a great deal of that problem.

2. I think there was a good idea earlier, (can't remember who brought it up) to fix the dusting problem by adding the teleport at the dust house, like Minotaur's Lair is set up.

3. I also think that maybe admin should do quest without giving exp. For example: Protect Keldrin or Ethren Quest.  People rely to much on experience quest, rather than just going out and leveling on their own. They sit around and player kill the new guys because they are bored, and it has caused a lot of new people to quit, or coplaints.

4. I think people should help each other more. There are several new guys that need help, and people ignore thier pleas for help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

LostRelic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2004 04:05 am CDT »
I've actually decided to change my vote, i would actually prefer more if there was a server clear, make the game more fun.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by LostRelic »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2004 04:33 am CDT »
That was more or less of my opinion. I don't give a rat's ass if you like it or not.

The fact is though that it will make things worse to clear the server again. Don't even comment on this unless you were well around before and after the last one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2004 08:43 am CDT »
Yeah.  We've already decided to make quests a little more rare, but a little larger as well.  We are going to make it so they have to work to get the prize, which will solely come from how much they kill/participate in the quests.  We'll be relying more on letting the monsters they kill give them experience, rather than letting them sit around and get a prize at the end.

I think the clear will help, and it will also be fun to start over.  I bet it will bring a lot of old people who quit, and a lot of new people who are looking for a new beginning.

So far, the vote is yes..  i'll let any scragglers who didn't vote get their word in, but later today the vote will be closed.  Thanks for all your input guys..  it actually showed that some of you still care and want to enjoy the game :D

-eViL-

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2004 08:50 am CDT »
Quote from: "UnderGod"
The fact is though that it will make things worse to clear the server again. Don't even comment on this unless you were well around before and after the last one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -eViL- »
There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2004 09:24 am CDT »
I was around before the last one..  we have different problems this time.  How about you come play all the time now and see for yourself?  The clear this time is for a totally different reason..  so you are the one who needs to see what's going on here.  Not trying to be a unsavory woman, but just because you played here back in the day doesn't mean you have everything figured out..

-eViL-

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2004 09:26 am CDT »
and just because you are an admin that played before the clear for 2 months doesn't mean you meet ozzy's requirements.  the clear last time was the worst thing ever, all the fun people just stopped playing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -eViL- »
There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2004 09:54 am CDT »
Well, there are still a lot of people who play and enjoy playing..  just because you and some of your friends left doesn't mean the game sucks now.  There are still a lot of cool people who play..  they may not be your friends, or you may not like them, but the server isn't up for only you and your friends.  2 months was plenty of time to realize the problem with the asshole gods, etc..

All I'm saying is..  you guy's aren't around in the server enough to know the current problems, aside from the squabble you see on this forum.  I'm not saying that your opinion isn't wanted, because it is, but i'm just saying things are a bit different now..