Author Topic: Earliest PCRPG memory?  (Read 6631 times)

soultaker

• Goblin Pup
Re: Earliest PCRPG memory?
« Reply #30 on: December 9, 2008 08:23 pm CST »
some may not kno me..or some may remember me as jayjays little brother.. but lol i wanted to bring up when my bros coins were set to -NAN
 :P

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008 01:38 am CST »
Me and Sammy started the whole coin duping thing on Binker&Newbies server LoL. It was difficult at first, but we had it down to a science in a little under a week. And actually we used to dupe all sorts of stuff as well...No scripting involved in the process...Only some creativity in learning different methods for making the server restart.

<--This guy here was probably the first person to "kill" an admin on PCRPG. Pecker and I were fooling around with bashing each other into spawned walls. Particle you were there, Ozzy was too, and quite a few of your other fabulous admins from the beginning.

Vivaxx

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008 07:10 pm CST »
relish in your glory, vorter
Jonah, PCRPG player since 2002.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008 08:40 am CST »
Making a server restart for your own gain is not very upstanding.  Fortunately, we've patched many of the methods for doing so over the years as they surfaced.  The motivation of duplication has also thankfully been eliminated since every negative transaction is saved.  Positive transactions still behave like normal though, so if someone tries to dupe they end up minus anything at all.  lol  Good times.  :)
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008 10:42 am CST »
Yup...Well it was an early memory anyway LoL