PCRPG Development > Development

Server's Player count

(1/3) > >>

Darwin:
I'm really glad to see how the server has flourished over the week, having over 20 players on the server at the time, though it is crowded.

Now, when I refreshed my server list, I noticed DT's RPG server, which held a maximum of 64 PLAYERS.  I remember eViL commenting on how he created a server with over 120 players, and I wondered how this is possible.  Is it just a simple variation in tribes coding?  And why doesnt this server do it?  Last summer the server actually filled up to 30 players a few times, and I was left in the cold (ohh, and it was soo cold) for an hour or so.

UnderGod:
We don't have enough resources to raise it to that limit..

It is easy to get a 120 player limit, but in TRPG, the computer would be gasping for freedom with 32 players...

Particle:
What are you talking about?  TRPG has problems with 5 people =P

Pecker:
We need 2 tdens, maybe next door to each other. lol That is the HARDEST place to lvl cause around lvl 30 to 50 your stuck there....

Darwin:
Well, maybe not an exact copy of the tden, but a dungeon with bots of the same level and attributes so we dont get jammed into one Tden with one experienced player and 3-4 n00bs, which happens often.  Hmm, vampires?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version