Author Topic: Did something change ?  (Read 2893 times)

Complex

• Gnoll Fighter
Did something change ?
« on: December 1, 2002 02:12 pm CST »
Well this is kinda gay, because me and my brother Hellion r on the same network we have the same base ip address. When we both try to logg on at same time the second one to join gets booted because of some double logging thingy. Can you plz have this removed or at least make it so Hellion and I,Cypher, can log on at the same time? Cause other wise im guna loose my lead in rl's over him lol I kinda like to hold that above his head  :P

If you could get back asap that would be great. Thanx ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Complex »

Hellion

• Goblin Pup
Re: Did something change ?
« Reply #1 on: December 1, 2002 02:22 pm CST »
LOL, your such a loser!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hellion »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #2 on: December 1, 2002 02:25 pm CST »
I planned on turning the feature on to stop some of the power leveling, but I can leave it off you you two.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Complex

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #3 on: December 1, 2002 02:26 pm CST »
Thank you particle :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Complex »

Pecker

• Server Mommy
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #4 on: December 1, 2002 03:43 pm CST »
My husband and I both play on the same network too. That would screw us up. So thanks for leavin it off. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Pecker »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #5 on: December 1, 2002 06:11 pm CST »
Now it's just a matter of getting the dern server working once again.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Jason_Xero

• Uber Menace
« Reply #6 on: December 1, 2002 06:15 pm CST »
I planned on turning the feature on to stop some of the power leveling, but I can leave it off you you two.

Another way to double check Part, is to match up IP addresses if the person is convicted of power leveling.  (Which I assume is house PKing for RP)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jason_Xero »
Gotta love SBC with their 6Mbps tier for 45$
(Yes, on their site it only shows 3Mbps, but it is actually 6Mbps, I would know :)).

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #7 on: December 2, 2002 05:16 pm CST »
Sounds like more work than I have time or desire for.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #8 on: December 2, 2002 05:50 pm CST »
Heh, Im kinda glad Particle doesnt take all my ideas seriously.  If he did, he would be spending 25 hours a day  (yes, 25 hours a day :P)  to develop them.

Hows the geomod feature for the next TRPG coming Particle?         lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #9 on: December 3, 2002 12:02 pm CST »
*heart attack

Jason_Xero

• Uber Menace
« Reply #10 on: December 3, 2002 09:29 pm CST »
Heh, Im kinda glad Particle doesnt take all my ideas seriously. If he did, he would be spending 25 hours a day (yes, 25 hours a day :P) to develop them.

Hows the geomod feature for the next TRPG coming Particle?     lol

Well before anything can ever be implemented into Tribes, you have to debug the hell out of its already buggy code. But by then it would already be a new game, perhaps it would call itself Tribes 3, (harharhar, that's a good one).  

Although the effect of blowing hawk37 sky-high from a mine laid down by a theif that causes a massive crater is quite interesting.  :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D hawk lolz...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jason_Xero »
Gotta love SBC with their 6Mbps tier for 45$
(Yes, on their site it only shows 3Mbps, but it is actually 6Mbps, I would know :)).

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #11 on: December 4, 2002 03:05 am CST »
If I remember correctly, they considered a form of terrain modification for Tribes 2.  Didn't happen though (obviously) but probably could.  Take the editor and make a small client-side mod which basically mimics ground deformations in unison with the server.  Not permanent, so it might be able to be done.

Zieg_Feld

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #12 on: December 4, 2002 08:11 am CST »
lol jason, that was exactly what I had in mind when I posted about having mines :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Zieg_Feld »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #13 on: December 4, 2002 06:18 pm CST »
Hmm, If you think about that watching that in motion particle that would be quite ugly...  Red faction had the perfect maps for blowing holes in.  

Heh, I just think back on those days when I played Red faction multiplayer...  I would blow a hole in the wall that would be on un deformable terrain and camp with a fusion rocket launcher.   They could never notice me through the narrow slit I made, and every time they would walk by, they were history.  This also offered exellent protection from those damn hackers that like auto aim alot.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #14 on: December 5, 2002 03:01 am CST »
On a side note, OGC is about to become history (with some luck).