Author Topic: Your thoughts on TvT  (Read 8864 times)

Jonah

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2004 07:19 pm CDT »
Imaginary friends don't count as friends.  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jonah »

xRazorex: How big is an average 13 year old penis size?

FloPPy_PiLLoW

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2004 07:25 pm CDT »
:roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by FloPPy_PiLLoW »

BlAcK-IcE

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2004 07:35 pm CDT »
It's been around for ages.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by BlAcK-IcE »

nesso

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.google.com
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2004 10:04 pm CDT »
uhh...........................................v
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by nesso »

Ze Proteje to Particle's Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2800+
2.4 GHz
512 MB of RAM

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2004 12:13 am CDT »
admins do not ruin tvt
tvt has too many bugs for people to exploit
there are far less people complaining about super tvt admins than any other rpg server that is popular that i know of. i wouldnt mind giving up my admin but there are forktards like jonah, his loser friend jamie and others who make it not fun

so just b/c u dont like super tvt, get over it

super tvt has a duel map on it which would be cool if pcrpg added another onto it. i also like ski'ing in tribes and how they have some monsters other servers dont. ex: ents which is kinda creepy. i also love the world events carling made for the server. there is also the sky that goes from daytime to nighttime showing about 3 or 4 different skies

people dont give enough credit to the makers of mods. they just take it for granted. the owner of super tvt is acting the same way as parts is. hes only keeping it up for the players. he could get rid of it anytime and wouldnt bother him.  and the 3 admin are the ones who control the server
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

Matanza

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2004 01:06 am CDT »
Quote from: "BlAcK-IcE"
Good ole Iroq.

Although you did become a ***** when you tried getting my Guillotine by using mines and spears.  :shock:
See you can be cool at times, and a ***** in game.

On ow, if i dont know who you are, your'e nothing but a walking meatbag of loot for me to kill and take. I cant even remember who you were.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Matanza »

nesso

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.google.com
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2004 03:15 am CDT »
Quote from: "villman420"
admins do not ruin tvt
tvt has too many bugs for people to exploit
there are far less people complaining about super tvt admins than any other rpg server that is popular that i know of. i wouldnt mind giving up my admin but there are f*** like jonah, his loser friend jamie and others who make it not fun

so just b/c u dont like super tvt, get over it

super tvt has a duel map on it which would be cool if pcrpg added another onto it. i also like ski'ing in tribes and how they have some monsters other servers dont. ex: ents which is kinda creepy. i also love the world events carling made for the server. there is also the sky that goes from daytime to nighttime showing about 3 or 4 different skies

people dont give enough credit to the makers of mods. they just take it for granted. the owner of super tvt is acting the same way as parts is. hes only keeping it up for the players. he could get rid of it anytime and wouldnt bother him.  and the 3 admin are the ones who control the server

did you ever play carling's tvt?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by nesso »

Ze Proteje to Particle's Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2800+
2.4 GHz
512 MB of RAM

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2004 10:18 am CDT »
Carling was an ass. He banned me for helping him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

BlAcK-IcE

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2004 01:17 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Matanza"
Quote from: "BlAcK-IcE"
Good ole Iroq.

Although you did become a ***** when you tried getting my Guillotine by using mines and spears.  :shock:
See you can be cool at times, and a ***** in game.

On ow, if i dont know who you are, your'e nothing but a walking meatbag of loot for me to kill and take. I cant even remember who you were.

I think I was Awakening.  :shock:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by BlAcK-IcE »

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2004 02:19 pm CDT »
yes i played at carlings and carling has admin on super tvt
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

Lucid

• Orb Member
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2004 03:34 pm CDT »
I've got some useful content out of this, the dueling zone especially, i'll see what can be done about that, and the sky changing was one fo the first changes, so it'll be there.

Can we talk about the features of TvT gameplay and not about admins/servers, that doesnt help this at all,  and i dont want to have to move this thread because people got to arguing in it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lucid »
::[  {-o-} Lucid   ]:[  Clan Orb .]Forums[/url]  ]:[  Clan Leader  ]::

-Icer-

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2004 06:17 pm CDT »
TvT is great.. I think Particle's should be a TvT server. That way all these asses would have to work together like that one guy said earlier in this thread.

(Btw, I read your post, Lucid. I know it's not going to change to a TvT server... but I think you guys should consider it)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -Icer- »

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2004 06:22 pm CDT »
Naturally, one of the biggest changes in gameplay is the fact that there are teams.  Orcs vs Humans.  There are 2 types of levels..  CLVL (combat level), and LVL.  Your LVL increases as you increase skills like wood cutting (or defensive casting/neutral casting on Particles), and your CLVL increases as your weapon skill goes up (pierce, slash, bludge).  That's what I gather so far in playing TvT, at least.

Also, there is personal endurance for each player.  You can either #walk which takes up a very small amount of endurance (your energy bar), or you can #run which uses it up faster.  When you run out, you get extremely slow like you are weighed down.  Swinging your weapon also takes your endurance.. the better the weapon, the more the endurance..  you just type #sleep to regenerate your HP and Endurance.

There are no merchants that sell items like on PCRPG..  players are forced to rely on players who choose to be smiths..  smithing is a skill in TvT (like slashing, energy, etc..).  The smiths have to work together with the miners to get the materials they need to smith armors/weapons.

You get 20 SP when you first make your character, and after that, you never get any more (aside from quest prizes).  If you join the team with the least amount of players, you get a bonus 10 SP in an hour after creating your character.  The rest you have to train for yourself.

There are trees that grow at both the orc base and the human base..  woodcutters chop them down and get types of wood for them, which are used to make things like arrows and buildings.  The trees randomly spew out tree fruit, which if left on the ground for a certain amount of time will turn into a tree which you can chop down.  If you don't have enough trees, you just have to wait for more to grow.

There are alot more changes, like spells and such, but these are just some of the bigger changes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by LastWish »

GStricto

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2004 07:17 pm CDT »
Ok, a short list of changes beginning with complete and planned:
(Complete)
Auto-remort is level 200
Sky changes from night to day and back
OrbOfLuminance is a little brighter and longerlasting (also more expensive)
Iron Set (boots, gauntlets and stuff)
Paws -> Cheetaur's Charm
BoGs -> Fairy's Wing
WWs -> Winged Amulet
Dragon Gem (really really high jump and fighter group only)
the above were renamed because they are no longer footwear, so your silvertone boots and Iron greaves will not interfere with your character abilities
2 orbs can be used at once (breath and luminance or 2x either one)
Aether Vial and Elixer (1000 HP heal and 500 MP regen)
Uber Jizz (don't ask)
new admin class "king" with +2.0 for all stats
new stat "cleave" (this is the #bash and #backstab for those of you who have slashing)
stats reflect classes (i.e. Theives can steal and clerics can't...  clerics heal and paladins are only non magic user with healing)
archaic casting (replaces divine...  suicide and some other tings are downright dirty and not divine at all :-P)
3 groups to select classes from (trickery, honor, intelligence)
4 (at least) new classes to pick from
new names for god status (Avatar of Wisdom for scholars and such) also does not say *blank* or -1 for above RL 100 players (Avatart of Brutality VII or whatever)
4 new zones added, spawns for one of the zones
RP has been *changed* and some new stuff will replace it

(Planned)
-Zones-
Hell's Gate (up close and personal alternative to Minotaur) - finished (maybe add some lighting or clouds)
Phen's Castle (comes complete with Phen's unsavory woman) - finished
Jaten Cavern (may be renamed to cave) - needs spawns and enemies, also some really really good crystals in a place that makes mining almost impossible (i.e. have to fly and stay flying to mine from)
Jaten Tavern (planned and layed out, im just lazy and haven't put it in yet)  - will be used to sell some of our new potions and some other more novel stuff (aka prostitute bots that heal you if we get around to it, and shady merchants with some really expensive/powerful items)
Abandoned Campsite (protected zone) - erie camp above the well (finished except for details, like bodies and stuff to complete the mood)
Abandoned Well - the well will become a very difficult zone with minotaur level bots (orb of breath + luminance a necessity, still need spawns)
Forsaken Forest - will surround the Campsite and Well, we plan on adding ents like TvT and also Golems (bots with lrock shape)
- New Spells -
archaic casting - at least 6 new spells in addition to the ones part has for divine casting (probably will throw in blind from TvT)
some planned spells: advbeam, advfullheal, fullshield, massfullshield
healing spells we are going to reward with EXP (carefully balanced, this could be difficult) so that parties stay intact and clerics are rewarded, but Tokath does not auto-remort every other day
I also would like to see the spells as actual projectiles like TvT, not just an instant explosion at LOS

- Other -
plan on new orbs such as orb of speed (increase in attack speed of weaps) and orb of protection (adds to your natural heal rate and functions as strong MDEF and DEF)
we have new swords and items in general, every day people come up with new ideas that are really good and i would like to see
I would like to put in trees to chop down (although hatchet has become epee) in order to have a small building system
RP (like it or not) is something you get from admins now, as a reward that will be traded in at the dust house (b/c dust has been removed) for special things - RP will be rewards for doing good things like showing noobs around and stuff
Houses will be a one time join. NO CHANGING, this will not be so bad, at the end of every month, the house with the most RP will get bonus items of the servers choosing (so dont flame the admins)
If you save up enough RP, and have enough coins (planed for the distant future b/c it will be some of the most coding intensive) then players will be able to trade in their RP and money and supplies (from mining and lumber) to build a custom house, these houses will be more stable than TvT i.e. anything short of a full clear will not delete them, in these houses, the owner will have a butler bot with custom greetings and a merchant that sells their extra items (cheaper than town merchant, but still more profit for homeowner... everyone wins)

I'm sure there is more that LonkTheSane/Ark and I have already made, and I just can't remember and I know for sure that more is planned every day...   Right now its just a matter of how much time I have.  Speaking of which I have come AP Calc BC and AP Physics C to attend to, so I will leave you to digest what you have read.

And remember folks: Playing with yourself makes your eyes hairy and your palms blind...  err, yeah.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GStricto »

Quote from: "Artorius"
Gnight.... Gstricto is obviously picking on you because he is a dirty racist.
So ironic that a heart made by man, when broken is easily fixed.   But a human hurt can last a lifetime.

Sl_I/\/\s|-|Ady

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2004 08:04 pm CDT »
Man, sounds like alot of fun.  I think I might try it out when its fully functional.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sl_I/\/\s|-|Ady »