Author Topic: Internet  (Read 1644 times)

Jaeger

• Goblin Pup
Internet
« on: March 12, 2006 05:37 pm CST »
i love tribes rpg...but i just go back into it and wanted to play it, but i reinstalled my tribes but my internet wont read on the game...i have the linksys wireless router...if anybody could give me idea, plz help me out, i would love to play again   :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jaeger »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006 07:18 pm CST »
I'm not sure what you said exactly, but check the following:
- Make sure the ports Tribes uses are open
- If you have a software firewall, make sure to enable the ports and allow the program (if it has program rules)
- If your router has a firewall, make sure XP's is disabled
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

NFY

• Worthless POS
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006 07:37 pm CST »
make sure the master server isn't down  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by NFY »

Jaeger

• Goblin Pup
thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006 08:01 pm CST »
idk, sry bout b4...prolly didnt look like english...had to type really quick...but thanks for the info...ill check into it..im going to have to try everything, my friend told me all the svr's on the old tribes are down so if u know of any other servers...help me out..thanks tho :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jaeger »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006 08:19 pm CST »
I'll send you a copy of the PCRPG Launcher 2.0 beta if you want to see if that helps.  You don't have to open Tribes to get into the game that way.  PM me your email address if you are interested.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Taurik

• I'll have a Tribes 1
  • Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006 08:39 pm CST »
Or if you're feeling particularly ghetto, just paste this into the console
Code: [Select]
connect("72.54.15.251:28001");
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Taurik »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006 08:58 pm CST »
Now what fun is that? :)