Author Topic: Updates Coming  (Read 10104 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Updates Coming
« on: July 13, 2010 04:14 pm CDT »
A few minor updates are coming up soon.  There will also be some big items.  Some stuff will roll out soon and others may take a few weeks or more.

• Banhammer v2.0 (Implemented 7/12/2010, Improved 9/5/2010, Improved 9/9/2010)
  • Banhammer v2.0 Administration Interfaces
  • CIPSEC R2 - Player protection.  Not much new to see here other than how it will again be functional.
  • Der Oberhammer - Like Thorr's Hammer but not as powerful at mining.  Better ATK though.  (Implemented 9/19/2010)
  • Thorr's Hammer - Take a swing, get a variable amount of gem(s) back based on skills, the alignment of the moon, and random luck.  (Implemented 12/12/2010)
  • The Cadian Citadel - New zone for high level players.  Bots are going to HURT.
  • Increased maximum level of 3000.  May only apply to bots if people get freaked out by this.
  • Evanescent Blessings - Semi-randomly deployed (temporary) buffs to damage, exp, health, etc.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010 11:25 am CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

bungle

• Undead Hero
Re: Updates Coming
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010 01:17 pm CDT »
cool. Any information on how to get the hammer and the blessings?
"If you dont like it, go play kirby air ride."

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010 10:13 pm CDT »
New features! I like :)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010 11:22 am CDT »
Not sure what the acquisition method for the hammer will be.  I'm thinking it might be a reward for a proper quest in a new zone.  What do you think?
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

JaiLHouSe

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010 01:35 pm CDT »
sounds good =]

x-ta-c

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #5 on: August 4, 2010 02:31 am CDT »
sounds good =]
Agreed, don't make it too easy, if you can help yourself! Collection quests are too simple with a god character.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010 03:18 pm CDT »
So far there are plans for two hammers instead of just one.  The "Oberhammer" will do up to two gems in a swing unlike Thorr's Hammer's previous incarnation of doing up to three.  The new Thorr's Hammer is going to do up to three gems in a swing.  I'm currently trying to decide which two already-existing items will be eliminated in order to make ItemData room.  Suggestions?  The new hammers will go up in about a week.

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010 03:21 pm CDT »
eliminate rusties...  that will give you more room for awesomeness
In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010 03:24 pm CDT »
That has long been the suggestion, but what will I equip bots with then?  They'll be harder and drop more valuable loot if I give them their non-rusty analogues.  Early on in the game, we don't necessarily want people to be wealthy.  It gives them motivation to continue and a sense of continual accomplishment, both of which are important for a game to be fun.  This all only applies to newcomers of course as veteran players could care less, having already been through it.

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010 03:27 pm CDT »
I think it would ok sometimes for the drops to be completly random,  sometimes coins? sometimes something nice, sometimes something awesome, sometimes nothing at all...
In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010 03:28 pm CDT »
That would be a bit more of a modification.  Currently, bots just drop what they're carrying when they are spawned, minus a few restricted items that get filtered out (casting blades, etc).

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010 04:12 pm CDT »
to this day i still havent seen a rusty pick axe dropped or used. bone club, spiked bone club and hatchets are useless. admin never use lightning blades. badges and heavenly shields are hardly ever given out. i know there are other lore items and weapons that are not used, but scripted in.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010 04:22 pm CDT by villman420 »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010 05:00 pm CDT »
Looks like these aren't used in bot loadouts and will be scrapped:
Rusty Hatchet, Rusty Dagger

The Goblin Raider uses the rusty pickaxe you were wondering about.

JaiLHouSe

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010 01:24 am CDT »
dang. shouldnt have remorted haha

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010 04:30 pm CDT »
anyway to fix the problem of selling gems? has happened to me before and just did last night. you have 60,000 diamonds on you and server crashes leaving you with them all gone. i know you will say only sell 1000 at a time but that's not a reasonable answer. takes 24 billion coins to go from 174 - 1500. getting 60,000 diamonds doesnt just happen in a day either. very frustrating