Author Topic: Keldrinite LS  (Read 3424 times)

Riddle

• Gnoll Fighter
Keldrinite LS
« on: January 16, 2011 12:41 pm CST »
I've been thinking lately about the Keldrinite Longsword and began to wonder, why is it SO hard to get and has such a HIGH skill requirement when the Anchets Sword is much better. The KLS may be a bit faster, but it does terrible damage which is why no one would ever want to use it. I was wondering if your could improve it and make it a WAY better weapon so it could really be called, "The BEST Weapon", since as of now, Anchets are basically the best weapon and are quite easy to aquire.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
Re: Keldrinite LS
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011 01:36 pm CST »
Dont forget how easy it is to mug. I keep mine just for coolness value but never to actually USE.
Making them harder/impossible to mug and increasing damage would be good.

Just a thought, what would be the chances to "trade in already crafted/useless keld items for the keld in them to craft the new mining tools?
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.
4th in doghouse. Last in actual server and forum rules broken.
Quote from: HUBBA
I kinda miss Evil's lengthy post.

Riddle

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011 08:25 pm CST »
Right? I forgot to mention its SO easy to get it mugged which is bad enough considering its hard to get.
Isn't it best to truely make it the BEST weapon rather than have it wasting space when no one will use it.

funger

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011 09:16 pm CDT »
ive never bothered with a kls its wayy yo crappy for its cost

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011 10:40 pm CDT »
I Agree.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011 04:20 pm CDT »
I have some "just because", same for the armor. Never actually use either, they sit in my inventory. Now, if they were made unmuggable, I would actually carry/wear it.
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011 09:19 pm CDT »
Now, if they were made unmuggable, I would actually carry/wear it.
Yep.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #7 on: July 1, 2011 07:34 pm CDT »
I don't feel that it should be unmuggable, just very difficult to mug, only for consistencies sake. It's a crafted item (crafted by humans, as opposed to elves or gods or whatever) so it can't be extremely magical and powerful. Also, the item wouldn't be as "valuable" (in the sense that you would want to hold on to it) if it was impossible to mug. Instead it would just be the perfect afk'ing weapon. If it was difficult, but not impossible, to mug, people would be less compelled to afk with it, albeit moreso than anyone would be now.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #8 on: July 2, 2011 11:11 pm CDT »
Actually, the perfect afk weapon is the claymore, gladius, battle axe and bastard sword. If your character is rich enough, the anchets.
The kls is just a status symbol. A status symbol that is much much weaker then the anchets and claymore.. The only thing it is actually good for is to look cool. Even though it is smithed, the items used to smith it is only god (admin) given so it would be godly in power. As it is weak in power, as a status symbol (as in being gifted to a specific person by the gods), it is only reasonable that it would be unmuggable. As it is, it is one of the easiest things to mug. This is why you never see anyone actually carry them. They sit in storage. If they were made unmuggable, and someone wanted to use an "afk weapon", they would use one of the above mentioned weapons as they are more effective.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011 09:33 pm CDT »
That being the case, if you want to keep it a muggable item, could the damage be significantly increased on it at least? What's the point of going through all the trouble to get a rare item if it isn't even useful? Status symbols mean very little when all is said and done.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011 06:35 pm CDT »
True, the only status symbols that actually MEAN anything are the badges because they are unmuggable as well as help out. Hell, even my heavenly shield never leaves storage.