Author Topic: Good ol' Days  (Read 11834 times)

ShortStuff102

• phpBB REGISTERED
  • Undead Hero
Re: Good ol' Days
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011 06:55 pm CDT »
oh malarkey nigga just jumped out from behind a bush
They used to call me Shorty, now they call me herpes, i keep coming back.

bomber nut

• Goblin Pup
  • YES, I HAVE RETURNED!
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011 11:24 pm CDT »
DAS RACIST!

Click on it.
My username in Tribes is now Serithi.

rjm003

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011 01:57 am CDT »
Whoa nice sup Dathief!!

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011 05:06 am CDT »
So where do we stand with the advertisement?  I am just waiting to let loose with a flood.

In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....

rjm003

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011 12:21 am CDT »
I wouldnt recommend the ad's untill we had some serious improvements to advertise about. And to update this older than age RPG is going to take dedicated developers (and players). So the real question would be where do we stand with people willing to sacrifice time to bring this game up to par?

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011 05:35 am CDT »
We have page after page of ideas and expansions and I donated a load of code and models that can be used.
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.
4th in doghouse. Last in actual server and forum rules broken.
Quote from: HUBBA
I kinda miss Evil's lengthy post.

rjm003

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011 11:06 pm CDT »
Idea's are good and all, but they definately arn't organized enough. Also rehashing of old models used for different mods really isnt upgrading.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011 09:34 am CDT »
You need to look into the ideas. Many of them are upgrades and the furthering of "our storyline" to not only add stuff to the story but also to expand on our history and server culture.
"rehashing" of models from other mods" is not a bad thing. Look at some of them, they are newer than the ones we are using now and at least 2 of them are perfect for furthering our own ends and needs. Look at the swooping hawk one for example, great for angels of morphing from spells or items were they to be added. The same goes for the evil looking spikey demon looking one. With those two alone, you can add a whole new level of gameplay with a furtherance of the storyline. The only thing needed is a coder to add it into the server.
Dismissing such valuable resources just because you have a personal vendetta against the one who donated them does the server no good. You need to look at such resources with the best interest of the server in mind instead.
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.

rjm003

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011 09:09 pm CDT »
I don't see the need to use old models when we all have the means to make brand new models specifically for what what want to design. I would rather like to look at something new, and continually see new content on a constant basis. The game world should be able to be expanded to what we see fit. Also, I'm not dismissing other peoples ideas, a lot of these ideas can be transformed into something playable. It does need to be organized though. Someone would definitely need to take the lead on gameplay mechanics to incorporate ideas in a fashion that produces results.                                                                   

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011 09:49 pm CDT »
Thats exactly why I donated new models that specifically fit what we need for the server. Of course not EVERY model I donated fits but at LEAST two of them fit perfectly for the server's needs. I dont see anyone else donating ready to use custom models. Nor am I saying that the models I donated are the only ones that would be usable. I can think of many others that would be cool, but they are only in my (and other's) head and needs to be made a reality by someone able to do it.
I am a computer idiot and simply do not know how to code or map or anything like that. That is why I donated models and code that were given to me. Like I said, it does not all fit but enough does that it would be more than worthwhile to look through it and cannibalize what fits.
Storyline, THAT is something I am actually good at and which I have posted on here many times over the years. I even went so far as to incorporate the server politics from over the years so that the storyline expansion would reflect the history of the server as well as the original generic storyline that pcrpg was originally based on. I also sent many specific ideas directly to Arf and Part over the years. Of course, my organized ideas would work and could help make the server better if they were incorporated and coded in but some would complain because it was not their ideas. That is why I have tried to get cooperation and a design team together many times over the years. But a few of us sitting around and coming up with good ideas and combining them into a great packet to design needs a codeing/modeling team (even if part of that is already taken care of through donations). Then, it would need to be implemented.

funger

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011 09:12 pm CDT »
speaking of jumping out of the bush........

what happened to making a new pcrpg on the halflife  engine?

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011 06:30 pm CDT »
Well most of the models Walk and I made can be used in 1.11 if you want (Dragon, bat, and horse are confirmed working).  For coding I can't be a main coder, but I do have small pockets of time which I could do an odd job or two....worst case I can always read over others code and look for security faults :p

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011 09:22 pm CDT »
The server seems to be bottoming out a bit, any fresh ideas on how we can revive it?
Tokath.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011 08:02 am CDT »
Tokath IS/WAS a big draw. Expand on his quests and abilities to make the draw even larger.
We also have page after page of storyline updates based on actual server politics over the last decade as well as many pages of "fixes" to problems (including  rulebreakers just afking out jailtime, but then of course, we need to get rid of some pks to avoid them putting people in jail who have not broken the rules).
In the actual server storyline we have had angels and devils and we have models to make them into npcs that match thier role as well as many ideas of incorparating the rest into the storyline bu associating them with current races and adding them and others in as npcs for specific quests and items/events.

rjm003

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011 08:59 pm CDT »
Tokath was definitely a fun addition to the server, but quests and things along those lines should be hardcoded into the server anyways. As for the angels and demons , they sound neat allthough I don't think i've seen them before. I know a demon comes with with RPG by default which was never really used besides the time corona added them..