Author Topic: Desperate Need for Zones  (Read 5115 times)

Riddle

• Gnoll Fighter
Desperate Need for Zones
« on: November 17, 2010 10:57 pm CST »
Well, I realize Particle is VERY busy with his real life...
But I believe that the server is in DESPERATE NEED for zones.

As you can see in the picture below, zones are VERY crowded. We have high level remorts that are advancing in remorts and occupy the high level zones most of the time. Theres basically only two zones that we are able to level in and they are the Tenebrous Cavern and the Uber Zone, but clearly they are both occupied to the max. Caboose is past rl 2200 so you can't expect people to really lvl with him and gain a fair amount of experience. So there goes one zone down and now theres only one zone left that the rest of us are able to level in, and that is the Cavern. You can imagine the experience is going to be TERRIBLE with 4 people trying to level in it at once.

Particle, I really hope you will be able to come up with a quick solution for this.

Many Thanks,

~Riddler

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
Re: Desperate Need for Zones
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010 01:18 am CST »
As the B's can attest to, I'm pretty willing to share the zones I occupy and even use a less powerful weapon so that lower RLs can get more exp. Usually I just ask for something in return like collecting the packs, etc. But regardless, the server has seemed to go up in population a little, though I'm not sure how many of them are doubles.

Master

• Orc Thrasher
  • Steam / Xfire : ads8023
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010 03:30 am CST »
lol i agree

Riddle

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010 09:53 pm CST »
Although that is true, just leveling with like... 3 people in the same zone is a pain.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010 08:17 pm CST »
I realize this.  Believe me, it's in the pipe and it's going to be interesting once here.  There's just a lot on my plate at the moment.  I'm making like $70/hr doing development work after my day job.  heh
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 5, 2010 11:05 pm CST »
Darn right! Caboose has been more than fair when it comes to letting others level with him. he has used his broad sword for me and a lot of other people. But I still agree with Riddle_! we do need more zones! We need another zone for higher remorts like Riddle_ and also we need another mining zone because there ain't enough room for everybody in that small space. Hey I got an idea! why not code all of the mine crystals to give the same stuff! Cause nobody uses all the other ones anyway! But like you said Particle, you are very busy! So we can wait.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010 07:47 am CST »
Too much is put on Particle. If any of us know how to code or map or whatnot, there is nothing wrong with us contributing them to him to evaluate/tweak (or turn down), for adding on to the server. His time is money and he is keeping this up for us as a service (that he gets very little thanks for).
I understand the need to have the spikes give different things. It allows us to mine a wider variety of items that we might not normally be able to. For example Harry is level 600 and has a mining skill of 789 (random made up so dont flame me if they are off). At the S Spike he may no longer be able to mine rubies (that it does not give at the present time) that he needs. With different spikes, rubies are found in the goblin spike and he can mine them there. Maybe have a 2nd super spike to allow for the higher traffic the one we have has.
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.
4th in doghouse. Last in actual server and forum rules broken.
Quote from: HUBBA
I kinda miss Evil's lengthy post.

Toby

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010 10:29 am CST »
I'm down for more spikeage

funger

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010 12:09 am CST »
better to have another super spike by elvin, but where to get jade at that lvl?

x-ta-c

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010 02:03 pm CST »
Not to sound like an ass, but if so much is being put on particle, then maybe he should consider putting an admin into power. Someone other than Arf, who isn't into the whole content-adding\maintaining scene. I've asked many players, and I've ran the idea past particle at least once. Every player who I've asked has agreed with me that we need a new high-level admin; hopefully Particle will concur.

I would be willing to take on the part of active admin if offered, and plenty of players have told me to try, but beware; I am no fan of drama, and I know what you people do ^^.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010 03:27 pm CST by x-ta-c »

ShortStuff102

• phpBB REGISTERED
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010 02:14 pm CST »
screw you go away my drama keeps server life interesting...  well i guess entertaining at best but anyway f u
They used to call me Shorty, now they call me herpes, i keep coming back.

JaiLHouSe

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010 05:51 pm CST »
we already have another admin.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010 06:31 pm CST »
Yep, Arf offered it to me in another time and I accepted. (been having admin/pk offered to me for ove a decade and for the first time, I accepted) Particle had already put someone into office though. Works for me, he is doing a great job so far. Congrats and keep up the good work. :)
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.
4th in doghouse. Last in actual server and forum rules broken.
Quote from: HUBBA
I kinda miss Evil's lengthy post.

Riddle

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010 01:28 pm CST »
Well I think Particle can make a quick fix that will benefit everyone. I suggest getting rid of the Uber Mage in the Uber Zone and replacing it with another Uber Fighter. No one ever uses the Uber Mage so by doing this, it will be allowing two players to use the Uber Zone at different locations.

Juvenile

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Goblin Pup
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010 01:59 pm CST »
I agree...