Author Topic: server down?  (Read 2454 times)

ShortStuff102

• phpBB REGISTERED
  • Undead Hero
server down?
« on: November 28, 2010 10:27 am CST »
either the server is down or im banned
They used to call me Shorty, now they call me herpes, i keep coming back.

MPully

• Goblin Pup
Re: server down?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010 10:43 am CST »
hi, first post. the server was up. then down. Me, my bro and his wife used to play rpg mod quite bit back in the day, binker nad newbies i played alow and we searched and found this still going, we all joined today. can it be put back up? we are newbloods looking for goblins to kill :D
,Mark

JaiLHouSe

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010 11:03 am CST »
its up...

MPully

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010 11:30 am CST »
well damn, i've restarted once checked for the server on another computer aswell as mine and can't find it now. will keep trying, its such a great mod

ShortStuff102

• phpBB REGISTERED
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010 02:18 pm CST »
i think i got my ip banned i was dropping and joining through console really fast...  and it went down and hasnt been up for 2 days...  sorry part wasnt trying to crash the server can you unban our ip
They used to call me Shorty, now they call me herpes, i keep coming back.

JaiLHouSe

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010 02:25 pm CST »
dragonazz cant see it either

MPully

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010 03:44 pm CST »
i think i got my ip banned i was dropping and joining through console really fast...  and it went down and hasnt been up for 2 days...  sorry part wasnt trying to crash the server can you unban our ip
perhaps that happened to us, we played for around 20mins this afternoon, now none of us can connect. i was joining and dropping a number of time because i was tweaking graphics settings.
and if so could we be unbanned please? we're eager to play :(

edit:, this morning its working again for me, thanks.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010 03:26 am CST by MPully »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010 08:59 am CST »
It's a protection feature of the server.  If you drop and join too much too quickly, the server gets mad at you and automatically bans your IP in the firewall.  This is done because some players in the past have used this to either annoy in-game players or as a way to try and crash the server.  At that point, the server basically falls off the face of the earth for you for a short time--it won't respond to queries, pings, or connection attempts from that address until the ban is automatically removed after it expires.  Don't worry though, auto-bans are temporary by design since they're just an automated protection feature and automatically expire after an hour.  The other day was a bit different where they weren't expiring is all.  I had to fix that.

The protection allows for:
- 20 connections within an hour
- 10 connections within 35 minutes
- 4 connections within a minute

If you exceed any of those checks, it will issue a temporary ban.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010 09:01 am CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.