Author Topic: Rule/Jailer/script!!  (Read 6611 times)

General2k

• Undead Hero
Rule/Jailer/script!!
« on: September 16, 2003 05:45 pm CDT »
i wounder do you think it is posible to make a script where if you attack a player and kill them 3 times. then try to attack them again makes the attacker go strate to jail!!!

Or any thing like that lol like stealing from some one more then what ever items you can do then if they past that limit they go to jail under the 24hr limit thingy!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by General2k »

"it's not what you say that counts.. it's the actions you take to solve the problem
!."

Hersh

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003 07:55 pm CDT »
Yes its possible, but then what you'd be the point of putting down rules, and having people enforce them if they are automatic. It works like more of a community having people "police" rules.
 And you can always hope on the vast majority to follow the rules. I dunno, I just don't like the idea of a server auto-jailing players even if it is for breaking rules. It should be up to the admins.

Hersh
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hersh »

I kissed a drunk girl on the lips.
This post, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003 11:30 pm CDT »
I like the idea. An unthinking enforcer is needed. We used to have community members police themselves (I was one of these) but some of them let thier power go to thier head and became SERIOUS problems to the community and started much trouble.
The problem with human police is that they allow personal feelings and prejudices effect thier actions and decisions.
A code that does the big stuff automatically but overlooks the minor stuff would be cool.
Possibly an admin bot that you can report things to and they will auto zero in and watch or some such. That way, if it isnt "reported" it wont notice. I dont know this last is just an idea. :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by EVIL_INC »
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.
4th in doghouse. Last in actual server and forum rules broken.
Quote from: HUBBA
I kinda miss Evil's lengthy post.

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003 02:51 am CDT »
I have a little program and some code that Susan made which will only allow a certain # of pk's per time period (24 hours I think) which is great... but, then there are people who may crash the server just to violate the pk # for the day.  Also... you had to run an outside program once a day to update the time or something... I forgot how it worked since it's been allmost 2 years :-p

I might post it up on my site... maybe. ;-)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003 06:46 am CDT »
Cool deal, we are also discussing the same thing in general area.
Another way to handle it would be to set a % of getting "caught" like when you swing at an enemy.
No logical reason why anyone would complain unless they intend on breaking the rules or support those who do.
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003 02:02 pm CDT »
There are other reasons for PKing than breaking rules. That "caught" thing is bullmalarkey.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Silvanoshei »

The DoDoDo.

Your opinion is worthless unless you can support it.
We are not responsible for your stupidity.
I don't take sides. I take action.

Currently Playing:  Warcraft III [PC]

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003 02:29 pm CDT »
Those other reasons would be put into it. The only reason why players should be running around killing each other is for rank points. It would be easy to set it to check that the target and killer dont share the same ip (for those power rankers) and to check to see if the target and killer are in seperate houses.
The only other reason why peeps would be pking would be to cause trouble or generally break the rules.

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003 03:19 pm CDT »
TRPG is boring when the only thing you're allowed to do is kill incredibly AI-defficient bots. There are more reasons to kill than rank and breaking rules. Sport is one. Fun is another.

The DoDoDo.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003 11:19 pm CDT »
Yes, but what is the "sport" or "fun" when you are playing a super duper powerfull character and you spend 100% of your time hunting down and mugging/killing zero remort level one characters who have never even been given the chance to make it to the mine to gain even one exp point? Or shove killing them before they even have a chance to leave the spawn room or start to spend thier sp?
THIS is what happens to the new people who come here. (I realize that those are extreme examples, but it HAS happened and what usually happens to them is not too far off).
If there was a free for all zone to go along with this code, you would still be able to dual and such without it kicking into effect.

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2003 09:59 am CDT »
Bo-ring. It's not fun to kill people when they consent. And who says that the only PKing going on is between high-remorts and lowbies?

The DoDoDo.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2003 10:09 am CDT »
That is the only killing that is being mentioned and that IS 9/10 of the killing that is being done. If people would not constantly kill off the low newbies that way, we would not be having this discussion.

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003 11:46 am CDT »
This discussion wouldn't be happening if you would be a good little boy and keep your mouth shut like you have in the past few months.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003 12:44 pm CDT »
Quote from: "UnderGod"
This discussion wouldn't be happening if you would be a good little boy and keep your mouth shut like you have in the past few months.

LOL "little boy" stand up when you speak to me son. I'm 6'11".
Avoiding the issue doesnt solve the problem. If you dont want to add the code, hey, its no problem to me (although its parts decision to make).
I did not bring the subject up either, it was another poster. By the way, is it a forum rule that no one is allowed to have a different viewpoint or outlook than you? Every time someone does, you go out of your way to flame and attack them at every opportunity. This does nothing for your image. :roll:
I am not saying I am right or wrong in this, I am just saying that we have different opinions and outlooks. Usually the truth of the matter lies somewhere in the grey middle. The trick is to discuss it in a mature manner rather than act childishly with name calling.

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003 03:54 pm CDT »
When you're online, your physical stature means nothing. Your intellectual size is what matters here.

It's because of all these rules that people are losing out on fun. On OW, if you're killed, the most you can do is say "oh, fork," and try to get the person back later. Here, when you're killed it's always against some rule or another, and you feel wronged. Hence all the whining.

And did I understand you right? You said 90% of the PKing is between high-remorts and lowbies? God, what bullmalarkey. Either you're lying to try to get your point heard, or you really have no idea what goes on.

The DoDoDo.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003 06:35 pm CDT »
Ozzy had intended it as physical staure as it was posted. If it is a reference to mental capabilities, then we are more even. I would be greater in some areas while he would be greater in others essentially possibly evening out but there is no way for certain to attain an exact measure without extensive psyiatric testing and even then, I would place no reliance upon standardized testing.
True 90% might be an exageration but it happens far too often nevertheless and that is what is being discussed.
And I will repeat this again...
"I am not saying I am right or wrong in this, I am just saying that we have different opinions and outlooks. Usually the truth of the matter lies somewhere in the grey middle. The trick is to discuss it in a mature manner rather than act childishly with name calling."
If you disagree, then so be it.