Author Topic: Sypher's rampage  (Read 2327 times)

Tony

• Goblin Pup
Sypher's rampage
« on: February 28, 2007 10:13 pm CST »
I want to take time to make the administrators whoever they might be of Sypher's rampage and constant thrill of killing me in the server for meaningless things. First has killed me on three occasions for the same reason of "stealing his bots" as he says. I do believe that no one individual can hog a zone and party leveling is completely allowed. I don't believe he should be able to continue to kill me constantly just because we are in the same location leveling.

Just today he came to Uber Zone as I was leveling with narchy (who is a witness to the whole thing) and told me and I quote; "Give me your claymores or die". I refused and tried to escape, he followed and eventually caught up to me where he proceeded to land the blow that killed me.

I am here to play and enjoy TRPG, not be hound and attack for being new to the server, not to be killed because one individual wants to level by him or herself in a specific zone. It is very well known that a lower remort can not take on a higher remort so they have no chance to fight back. So I ask what am I to do? What is the solution to this problem, will he continue to be allowed to attack me at free will, causing me to lose LCK, leveling time and most important the enjoyment of the game for as long as he wants when he wants.

I would hope that action would be taken to have this individual informed that he can not do this to other players just because he has the remort level to do so. Thank you for your time.

-markCraeo
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Tony »

Paradox666

• Elvin Legion
  • The Last God
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007 10:22 pm CST »
There was only one way I could help, bashed him clean out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Paradox666 »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007 10:33 pm CST »
Well, he's allowed to kill you 3 times every 24 hours hours, there isn't much you can do about that. What I used to do was let them have their three kills then go back to leveling.
Players who are leveling to 101 have right of way in Uber zone over players who are beyond level 101. Take screen shots when he kills you, eventually he'll mess up and break some rules.
People often try to use the excuse of 'stealing' or 'chasing' the bots as reasoning for a kill. That's ridiculous.

If he has killed you three times then kills you again because you were 'stealing the bots', he has over killed you and will be punished.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

Tony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007 10:34 pm CST »
I can't defeat him, even if I kept leveling to 600 or something other and he remorts I still wouldn't be able to just kill him. I merely want him to understand he can't zone hog and he can't kill others for being in the zone with him. If getting treated the way he treats others is the only way to get across then so be it, but even if you started to hound him, then what? Will he learn or just want to get revenge for more or less getting someone bigger to pick on him. It's as bad as high school, you have a bully that no one is going to say nothing to and no one will stand against what he's doing. It outrageous.

-markCraeo

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007 10:50 pm CST »
Zone hoarding usually refers to players outside of acceptable level ranges killing bots in a zone.
Say you're in Uber and he comes in and tells you to leave or he'll kill him. Give him his three kills then start your leveling like normal. If he kills you again, that's over killing and he's in trouble.
If he starts leading the bots out and killing them in the main room so you can't attack the bots without dying, he's zone hoarding.
If he shoves you into a bot, or the bot into you, that's also a kill on his part.
Once he's had his three kills, he's done. He can't 'attack you to low hp but not actually kill you.' Many people have tried to do that ridiculous thing.
He might start talking about how he 'gets a revenge kill..' for such and such reason. The only thing that triggers a revenge kill is if you try to mug him or attack him. Very unlikely.

He knows what will happen if he breaks a rule, so force his hand. He's bullying you out of the zone by threatening to kill you. Force his hand and let him max out his kills on you. After that, he can't do anything to you. Well, he can mug, but there are pretty easy ways to avoid that. Carry a few 'vendor trash' items with you, gladiuses, claymores, etc, and when you think he's going to try mugging, put your leveling items (anchetssword, boots/paws/wws) into a pack nearby. Once he takes his 2 trash items off you, get your stuff and go back to leveling.

I very recently leveled an alt from rl0 to 90, with these same players, and worse. I know their tactics and excuses. Your best defense: screen shots.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007 11:53 pm CST »
Quote from: "Kyrie"
If he starts leading the bots out and killing them in the main room so you can't attack the bots without dying, he's zone hoarding.

I disagree.  Also, that's not how I intended the rules to be read.  Zone hoarding is when a player is intentionally preventing you from being able to use a zone.  If you simply can't handle the bots in a zone, however, that's your problem--not anybody else's.  You take a risk of death and/or loss every time you step foot into a zone, especially so if you can't handle what's inside.  Accusing somebody of zone hoarding just because they force you into actually fighting bots instead of idle killing them at the edge of a wall due to stupid bot AI is ridiculous.  If anything, they should be applauded for making you actually interact to play the game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 1, 2007 12:14 am CST »
Low RL players have very low hp and most often can't afford the SP neccessary to raise endurance to levels where they can take hits from bots. No one in the game expects low rl players to be able to fight the monsters face to face. That's the reason Tokath exists, there isn't an effective place for  multiple players to stand and avoid damage while killing the bots.
A level 50 rl0 mage, first time in Minotaur's Lair, has no option but to stand behind the wall and cast or slash. Players who purposly go into the Mino Pit and cause the Mino Mage to cast and kill low rl players have always been considered zone hoarding (preventing other players from leveling).
It takes hours to level up Endurance through training. That's most commonly done in the Mines while afk and casting heal self all night long.

Mino and Uber are the two zones where this is most commonly a problem.
Shoving a bot into you, or you into a bot, to get you killed, is intentionally preventing you from using that zone. Many player have used this as a way to kill low rl/lvl players and say 'oh the bot killed you, I still get 3 kills on you.'

Tony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 1, 2007 02:58 am CST »
I will take note of your advice and will gather these screenshots for you when I experience these three tragedies again, rest assured you will have your evidence.

On another note, I'm curious as to how I can run a offline server so I can play online and practice admin commands and more or less just have a server to myself sometimes. I haven't seen any documentation on the forum anywhere nor on the site, if someone can give me some insight that be appreciated. Thanks.

-markCraeo

Sako

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 1, 2007 03:39 pm CST »
Craeo, if you need help ingame just ask a PK or Admin ( I am a PK ) . If you have problem with other player killing you, tell me ingame.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sako »

Tony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2007 01:03 pm CST »
What are the rules in the server on harassment? How far do they extend. For example if a individual is preventing you from leveling at different points of time is that allowed? If one continues to put you harms way, mug you or try and push you off ledges while not afk, what are rules for this kind of harassment.

This are problems I'm finding myself dealing with lately, I'm trying to level and here someone is continuously mugging my weapon or armor or heck taking my WW, armor and weapon. How am I to address this concerns, heck is it even illegal in the server I know there are certain rules for these things and I know certain prerequisites have to be met first.

[markCraeo]

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2007 02:46 pm CST »
There is a complete set of rules at http://www.pcrpg.org  Just click the Rules button at the top.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Tony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2007 03:12 pm CST »
Right before you posted I just finished reading the section.

[markCraeo]