Author Topic: Close one...  (Read 8100 times)

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
Close one...
« on: September 24, 2004 10:08 pm CDT »
I was walking home from the Homecoming football game.  It was around 9:50-10:00.  Out of no where this guy comes up to me, takes out a gun, cocks it, and points at me chest.  He tells me to keep walking so I kept walking, then he told me to give him my money.  Luckily didn't have any or else i woulda been screwed.  This was the first time i got a gun pointed at me.  Scary experience....

:edit:
I need to find a gun....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by JayJay »

Sinister

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.stormpages.com/snowmann69
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004 10:40 pm CDT »
Did you get a description of him?  Did you call the police?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sinister »

Lucid

• Orb Member
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004 10:49 pm CDT »
You need to report it, even if they don't catch the guy, your report might tell them "somethings happening in this area" and they may watch it. You might be one of many, and your report might help them stake it out or something
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lucid »
::[  {-o-} Lucid   ]:[  Clan Orb .]Forums[/url]  ]:[  Clan Leader  ]::

Sinister

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.stormpages.com/snowmann69
Re: Close one...
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004 10:54 pm CDT »
Quote from: "JayJay"
I need to find a gun....

http://www.vpc.org/fact_sht/firearm.htm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sinister »

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004 11:03 pm CDT »
Thanks for the link Sin...lol...there are always people taking guns to school...it's nothing new...there are at least 10 cops on each floor of my school...I haven't heard of anyone actually shooting at someone at school, but kids do bring guns...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by JayJay »

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004 12:30 am CDT »
you dont need a gun. no one ever needs a gun
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
Quote from: "Aphex"
<3 google

Lucid

• Orb Member
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004 01:41 am CDT »
Quote from: "JayJay"
Thanks for the link Sin...lol...there are always people taking guns to school...it's nothing new...there are at least 10 cops on each floor of my school...I haven't heard of anyone actually shooting at someone at school, but kids do bring guns...

wow thats sure a bizarre image for me, the thought of a school with any type of law enforcement is weird. Makes me feel lucky and/or naive as to how schools are outside of hawaii.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lucid »
::[  {-o-} Lucid   ]:[  Clan Orb .]Forums[/url]  ]:[  Clan Leader  ]::

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004 03:37 am CDT »
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. It was two guys and although they weren't pointing a gun at me, they threatened to shoot me.  Luckily I didn't have any cash, so they told me to just go away.  I did report it, but nothing turned up.

Having someone point a gun at you, and or threaten to shoot you is definatly an experience I don't need to live again, and I don't think that anyone should have to.  It really is scary.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

Frantic

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004 11:03 am CDT »
Yeah.. that is wierd. Theres no sort of law enforcement in our schools. I've never heard of any guns being taken to school, either. No gangs.. nothing really like that around here.

Where do you live, JayJay?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Frantic »

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004 11:15 am CDT »
Quote from: "Frantic"
Yeah.. that is wierd. Theres no sort of law enforcement in our schools. I've never heard of any guns being taken to school, either. No gangs.. nothing really like that around here.

Where do you live, JayJay?

yeah we had security at our school. Just like 4 of them. Never heard of anyone bringing a gun to school.
<3 google

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004 11:26 am CDT »
Why are you screwed if you do have cash?

---

In that same situation, how do you think you could have gotten your own gun and spun around and shot him without him doing anything?  Movies are not real life.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2004 12:29 pm CDT »
Quote from: In that same situation, how do you think you could have gotten your own gun and spun around and shot him without him doing anything?  Movies are not real life.[/quote

I have to agree with Particles on that one. You are lucky you didn't have a gun. If you would have tried and pulled out a gun, chances are, the crook would have shot you first.  You also have to stop and think, if you pull out a gun are you really willing to shoot someone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2004 12:35 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Particle"
In that same situation, how do you think you could have gotten your own gun and spun around and shot him without him doing anything?  Movies are not real life.

Quote from: "HUBBA"
I have to agree with Particles on that one. You are lucky you didn't have a gun. If you would have tried and pulled out a gun, chances are, the crook would have shot you first.  You also have to stop and think, if you pull out a gun are you really willing to shoot someone.

also if Im not mistaken you cant carry a gun in public legally so if you did shoot him you would still get in trouble.
<3 google

Kendril

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2004 02:18 pm CDT »
You actually can in Certain states now Aphex. Here in Texas we have a Liscense to carry law. Many normal people carry concealed handguns here. Since the law has passed crime has actually decreased 20 percent. Not because we have a bunch of cowboys shooting bad guys here but because you never know who is carrying a gun now days so the criminals have to think twice about mugging someone.

I personally don't carry a gun and would never carry one but I have a lot of friends that do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kendril »

"Mini-Me, would you like a Hot-Pocket? An Eggo?"

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2004 02:42 pm CDT »
yeah I used to live in houston.

and i wasnt sure about the laws. I knew you could get a permit but I wasnt sure if that covered being able to carry it on the street.
<3 google