Author Topic: PCRPG 3.36  (Read 29540 times)

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2006 07:27 pm CDT »
Quote from: "BlAcK-IcE"
Yeah the quests have always been lame, why not some epic quests.. Where it involves killing? Why not like raid bosses aswell, where you can't solo them and need a party.. Just some thoughts.

I have tried those type quest in the past. The lower levels get killed and whine about it. The higher levels jump in kill everything taking all the exp. Jaten quest ring a bell?  We had to set rules on Jaten quest so the higher up would leave the lower level bots alone. Then people would whine cause we were not running line quest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2006 08:03 pm CDT »
I have had the idea of a multi-level quest for awhile now, just been too lazy to make it. The basic idea is that a quest telebot sends people to fight different bots in the same quest depending on the player's level (or perhaps RL). Same quest, but the bots you fight are determined by your strength. Then everyone would join up for the rewards/end phase.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

BlAcK-IcE

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2006 11:05 pm CDT »
Quote from: "HUBBA"
Quote from: "BlAcK-IcE"
Yeah the quests have always been lame, why not some epic quests.. Where it involves killing? Why not like raid bosses aswell, where you can't solo them and need a party.. Just some thoughts.

I have tried those type quest in the past. The lower levels get killed and whine about it. The higher levels jump in kill everything taking all the exp. Jaten quest ring a bell?  We had to set rules on Jaten quest so the higher up would leave the lower level bots alone. Then people would whine cause we were not running line quest.

/shrug Ah, well I havn't really been playing for the past.. year+ so I have no idea what's up. Just thought I'd throw that out there, heh.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by BlAcK-IcE »

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2006 08:03 am CDT »
Quote from: "Corona"
(or perhaps RL)

Include RL in the decision. A level 100 RL 10 is nowhere near a level 100 RL 100+.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2006 04:51 pm CDT »
We could really really use a new jail system. This one is not effective at all. Players should not simply be allowed to get jailed then go afk until their time is up.
I've created a temporary solution I plan on implementing in the future that requires players to use their pack key on a stool that spawns once a minute. If they don't activate a stool, nothing will happen and they can sit there all day and night for a year. Once they do activate it, it will spawn another stool one minute later. Stools continue spawning and the script tracks each stool until it arrives at the number set by the admin when the player was first jailed.
A randomly moving 'jailbot' in the room with the player and the stools spawning in one of three random locations makes an afk script near impossible to use.

Using a system similar to this means we can have shorter jail times and the players can afk all they want, they still have to carry out their punishment to get out of jail.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2006 08:47 pm CDT »
haha nice kyrie. could we also get ski back?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2006 12:28 am CDT »
Admins would love to be able to spawn more bots! How likely is it that you could give us more empty spaces to spawn them?

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
(No subject)
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2006 11:14 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Kyrie"
We could really really use a new jail system. This one is not effective at all. Players should not simply be allowed to get jailed then go afk until their time is up.
I've created a temporary solution I plan on implementing in the future that requires players to use their pack key on a stool that spawns once a minute. If they don't activate a stool, nothing will happen and they can sit there all day and night for a year. Once they do activate it, it will spawn another stool one minute later. Stools continue spawning and the script tracks each stool until it arrives at the number set by the admin when the player was first jailed.
A randomly moving 'jailbot' in the room with the player and the stools spawning in one of three random locations makes an afk script near impossible to use.

Using a system similar to this means we can have shorter jail times and the players can afk all they want, they still have to carry out their punishment to get out of jail.

Might I also suggest red screen so a jail sentence actually is more annoying to have to serve?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bovidi »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2006 06:33 pm CDT »
When an admin looks at an item (pack key) give more information for it instead of just the spawn name. Give the dis name and the location of the item.

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2006 06:30 am CDT »
[Feature request] There should be an option for admins and peacekeepers to toggle on/off the display of information that would help them administrate the server. For example, a client::sendmessage sent to all admins and pK's currently on the server whenever someone kills someone else or mugs someone else. This would somewhat negate the need for victims to provide screenshots, and admins could see at a glance if someone is over killing or over mugging.

Or perhaps make some of the rules enforced by the server itself. e.g., the server doesn't allow you to be mugged more than twice per 30 minutes by the same person unless you have set an option to allow it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
(No subject)
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2006 06:15 pm CDT »
What would happen to the people who were AFK though you wouldn't be able to mug all their items if it only allowed 2/30minutes
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bovidi »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2006 06:46 pm CDT »
I can probably put in some sort of AFK detection.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #72 on: September 4, 2006 01:59 am CDT »
Minotaur's Lair still appears to be tentable, I've tested it and successfully did it.

Kigen

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #73 on: September 7, 2006 09:59 pm CDT »
Annihilation has some interesting ways of preventing objects from being deployed on certain buildings (Jails) and within range of other objects.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kigen »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #74 on: September 7, 2006 11:37 pm CDT »
I've just got to add another restriction is all.

I got most of the major places, but I didn't do everything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.