Author Topic: PCRPG Wants Your Gameplay Ideas  (Read 6181 times)

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
Re: PCRPG Wants Your Gameplay Ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 6, 2009 04:28 am CDT »
Gold sinks.  There needs to be gold sinks.

Depending on the number of players on at each moment, you could change the amount that you can sell an item for and increase the amount it takes to buy an item.  Logically, if the population is higher then there will be a higher supply of items so the merchants won't sell it for as much.  Vice versa.

I have no clue how this could be implemented as I haven't looked at the code, but I figure it wouldn't be too hard to have a variable coefficient to change it.

I'll think of more later when I feel less retarded.

The brackets would be retarded as all hell because then you can't mess with afkers and the brackets are wholly unnecessary and eliminate a massive part of player interaction.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2009 04:34 am CDT by RedneckNoob »

Record number of Star Wars references in a single day: 94
Record number of Star Trek references in a single day: 62

Das Weib war der zweite Fehlgriff Gottes.  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Avast

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #16 on: April 6, 2009 05:11 am CDT »
how can you not mess with afkers? normal level targeting doesn't have to be changed, you can still shove them, mug them, etc.

also how would there be less player interaction. as is the server is 4 people afking constantly and 1 or 2 talking like its irc.

any new player who comes in leaves after a week.

if anything having a safer option for houses is going to make the game more interesting because more people will be obliged to join when they see the bonuses and fun you get from dueling.

when i get messed with by a high level god i drop and i don't play till they're gone, i see several people doing this whenever siayer comes on too. talk about a lack of interaction and game fun.

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #17 on: April 6, 2009 10:35 am CDT »
That's the main problem.  Everyone AFK's the entire time, and people get bored with that.

I really think the game needs an overhaul.  AFKing should be made as difficult as possible.  I don't bother signing on anymore because no one is ever around.  Many people might dislike the idea of losing all of their remorts, but they never really "play" anyways.  The TvT system is kind of interesting, and has some good ideas, but still promotes AFK leveling.

As I've stated before, I really like the idea of defined classes.  Each character would be more interesting, and more people would make multiple characters.  A system should be put in place to prevent afk skill grinding, which I have a few ideas on:

For starters, skills should have a potential base of how much you gain on them.  The more you train one particular skill, the lower the gain gets, until it bottoms out.  If you're training sense heading, you get the biggest gain on the first time using it (sense heading should also have a recast timer).  Each time thereafter, it gets lower until you reach zero.  Notes come up saying stuff like "You're getting bored with <skill>", "You're bored with <skill> and want to do something else".  Killing mobs will raise that potential back up with each kill, and depending on how combat works, it might be necessary to lower the potential for combat skills over time.

Certain abilities could be reworked entirely (mining for example) to not require this system for them.  I think something similar to WoW's mining could work well.  Have the crystals spawn randomly within an area, and be destroyed after a few hits.  In turn, mining would increase faster, and minerals would be more useful/valuable (crafting?).

edit:

I'm going to leave the original statement here because WTF?

Quote from: wtf?
I really think the game needs an overhaul.  AFKing should be made as difficult as possible.  I don't bother signing on anymore because no one is ever around.  Many people might unsavory women about the idea of losing all of their remorts, but they never really "play" anyways.  The TvT system is kind of interesting, and has some good ideas, but still promotes AFK leveling.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2009 05:35 pm CDT by Dyre »
My job is done here!

*woosh*

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
« Reply #18 on: April 6, 2009 01:45 pm CDT »
People afk all the time?  That's why at this exact moment there's over 10 active people discussing and playing?  I love the false information being spread here.

Another gold sink could be a poison skill with expensive materials that you have to buy from vendors and you can't find.  Make it so that they do enough damage to take out someone with massive healing and people would buy it often.

Record number of Star Wars references in a single day: 94
Record number of Star Trek references in a single day: 62

Das Weib war der zweite Fehlgriff Gottes.  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Avast

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #19 on: April 6, 2009 02:04 pm CDT »
if you think the server overall is active then you're not being realistic

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #20 on: April 6, 2009 05:29 pm CDT »
People afk all the time?  That's why at this exact moment there's over 10 active people discussing and playing?  I love the false information being spread here.

Another gold sink could be a poison skill with expensive materials that you have to buy from vendors and you can't find.  Make it so that they do enough damage to take out someone with massive healing and people would buy it often.

Last several times I've checked in, there were only two or three people on the server, and they were all AFK.

I'm sorry if my personal experience, and apparently the experience of a few other people here, differs from yours.  My comment was an exaggeration, and I'm sure there's times when there will be several people actively playing, but those times are too few and too far between.

I fully admit, my suggestions are things that I would personally love to see.  And as I've already stated, people might not appreciate losing their remorts (and oh my god, reading that again, talk about a hell of a Freudian slip, what the hell?  EDITING), but a different system would definitely encourage more active and varied play.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2009 05:32 pm CDT by Dyre »
My job is done here!

*woosh*

Jonathan

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #21 on: April 7, 2009 02:19 pm CDT »
Okay I have been reading through this and would like to throw in my two cents. I would love to see some new things in the server, but I also don't want their to be a complete revamp of the gameplay. Rather than punish the afkers or try to stop it you should allow it the way it is now, but make it so people who are playing can level faster than the afk. Make tons more quests to be done. Quests that you don't get until certain levels and remort levels. Not some simple go get 5 rocks and I will give you 1 padded armor, but actual drawn out long quests : ). Add in a ton of new items that are needed in the quest and make some of them rare drops from monsters and others maybe plants on the ground you have to mine or something. There are plenty of things that could be added that would be near impossible to do afk.

Paradox666

• Elvin Legion
  • The Last God
« Reply #22 on: April 7, 2009 07:37 pm CDT »
Err just a couple of random thoughts...

1. New spell?: You could add like..a gas spell..Like when u cast iron fist the smoke n malarkey..or something. And the power and the distance of the spell could be determined by the level or something yall can figure it out. But it sounds good...a gas spell...or like it could be like a bomb and then when it explodes the gas is released. ..anyway

2. Fun place?: Id like if theyre were a zone made like a bubble like one big ass bubble about the size 
of Cent where people could go lvl and just have fun really, bashing and fighting really, really, strong monsters with Anchets that do #cleave and cast spells or a mage that can bash and cast. And not to many surroundings so when u go u cant afk it. Just a fun zone if yall have room for that.

3. I kno these ideas arnt really malarkey, Im not high at the moment. But lets continue.

4. Im not to sure if we can. But itd be nice if Tokath could spawn the old good quest like the jaten quest with super hard monsters. Or just spawn monsters according the the settings ud like...considering everyone wont overload em

5. Err..Theyre should be a King at Ethren that sits on the big throne and Knights you after doing a massive amount of quest. then after being Knighted theyre should be a zone where only the Knights may go. thatd be sexxi.

6. Im done..for now.

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
« Reply #23 on: April 7, 2009 08:30 pm CDT »
After much thought I have arrived at the thought that people should look to the natural world for solutions.

Everything dies.
Everything is born.
Everything grows.

Everything functions in cycles.

What major drawback have all video games always faced?
I might say "limited cycles" as an answer.

What cycle is PCRPG on?
Are these limited things?

In other words:
Content creation, delivery, alteration, continuity, etc. are all cyclic entities.
WoW has taught us some thing:
Go back and look at all the old quest areas for level 50's that require groups of 6-12 people to play through... they are empty.  Nobody does those areas any more, even with their new characters.  The content cycle of those areas has outlasted it's life cycle.
I don't like the "grinder" style of play for First Person games any more which WoW has epitomized, but I also think that it's content alteration system is the most interesting.

Thus... the most I can think for this game would be to add multi-tiered systems of creating and altering content in some sort of cyclical system.
An example might be a 38 day year in the game.  Each day has a whole different set of quests.  As each year cycle passes, it puts the different quests on different days of availability through out the week.  Doing this creates objectives for each player to complete at each level of advancement.

Building on a system of time, each player could be afforded a certain length of time to live, possibly modified by a random dice roll or a bit of their skills in magic or endurance or something.  A player could choose their starting age of say... 23-28 years old, then progress from there until they have lived through 20 in game years.  This would give a real world time of just over 2 years.  After that, the character might retire to some kind of arena area where their character might be limited to... thus still enabling the use of that character in a less serious and perhaps more entertaining dueling area.

I suppose what I am saying, over all, is that there needs to be a limit on time cycles of some kind, either by quests, by age, or by both, or other means.

Those are the insane ramblings for today.  Peace!
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
« Reply #24 on: April 7, 2009 09:58 pm CDT »
thors  hammer to make mining easier. maybe also put storage guy at super spike so when server crashes we dont have to keep going to jaten and back to bring up storage

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009 12:56 pm CDT »
The item limit is a Tribes problem.  I could store storage accounts with 55 million different item types in it on the storage end, but Tribes's inventory GUI starts forking up when too many ItemDatas are in.

RJ has a code modification that can be incorporated easily into pcrpg that establishes a belt inventory which allows infinite number of items,  however i think there should be a reduction in rusties and broken weapons and a usage / or decay penalty for weapons and armor,  this way one would have to either repair their armor at a smith or purchase new armor,  after all nothing lasts forever, especially weapons and armor
In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....

iViking

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009 11:00 pm CDT »
Someone should deal with this line break issue.  I'm tired of people getting jailed a full day just to copy and paste...

Also, as the intro of Law & Order, we should have an active PK as the police who investigate crime, and PKs as district attourneys who prosecute and defend.
These are their stories...
*DONG DONG*

Court sessions are a must for appropriate justice; because evidence can be easy to forge with editing, forensics must determine if the evidence is genuine, or was edited to look like a crime.
EQUAL JUSTICE FOR ALL!

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
« Reply #27 on: June 4, 2009 06:15 am CDT »
lmao

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]