Author Topic: Stealing Rule Broken - You are allowed to take two items...  (Read 5856 times)

Spyder

• Goblin Pup
Stealing Rule Broken - You are allowed to take two items...
« on: August 8, 2003 11:32 am CDT »
"You are allowed to take two items from another player within a period of 30 minutes."

I had several items stolen while I was AFK:
Steel Helmet
Black-Silver Ring (2)
Milled-Steel Bracers
Fingerless Gloves
Hide Armour
Boots of Gliding
Long Sword
War Axe
Spiked Club
Tent
A number of Coins

As I never saw who took the stuff & I have since replaced most of the items, I would like to be compensated for my losses if that's possible.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Spyder »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 8, 2003 05:07 pm CDT »
When AFK, you are not protected by any rules.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Spyder

• Goblin Pup
AFK
« Reply #2 on: August 8, 2003 06:23 pm CDT »
I am not "throwing a fit" as you put it. There doesn't appear to be anything in the rules about this, which is why I thought it would naturally fall under Section 1, Subsection G - Stealing.

If what you said is the case then why isn't it written in the rules? How was I supposed to know that this would occur?

If you don't want people to complain about it then simply write it in the rules.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 8, 2003 07:33 pm CDT »
"Section 1, Subsection J - AFK Training/Leveling/Etc.
AFK Training.  You are allowed to AFK train to an extent, but be aware that you are fair game (without penalty) to anybody that wants to do anything to you.  Everything goes if you are AFK training."

This is copied and pasted DIRECTLY from the rules. Knowing the rules is a good thing. I mean knowing all the rules that apply to your actions at any point in time, not just that you wish to have applied to you.
That is how I have never once broken any of the server rules. I learned tham and was carefull to stay within the guidelines set forth. That is not to say that going afk (regardless of the reason) is against the rules, it IS to say that no rules were broken when you were stolen from WHILE afk.
Whether you are afk training or just sitting there in the unknown, the rule still applies to you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by EVIL_INC »
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.
4th in doghouse. Last in actual server and forum rules broken.
Quote from: HUBBA
I kinda miss Evil's lengthy post.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 8, 2003 07:35 pm CDT »
Also, I did not say that YOU were throwing a fit. I just said that I DIDNT.
There is a BIG difference there. Of course, if that triggered a guilty conscience reaction from you, that is your fault, not mine.  :twisted:
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.

Spyder

• Goblin Pup
AFK training or leveling
« Reply #5 on: August 8, 2003 08:31 pm CDT »
Firstly, I wasn't AFK training or leveling, I was AFK whilst my character was recovering in a tent. Sleeping/recovering isn't training or leveling. You assumed I was. Why, I have no idea.

Secondly, by saying, "you didn't see me throw a fit" you were actually IMPLYING that I was, which is why I had the quotation around "throwing a fit" in my post. Now you're IMPLYING that I have a guilty conscience as well. Where does it end?

Deny it if you like. Any reply to the contrary shows your ignorance of the english language.

Pecker

• Server Mommy
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 8, 2003 09:00 pm CDT »
AFK is AFK. Your attitude will get you nowhere. You were AFK, you got mugged, nothing can be done about it except for you to go get your stuff back. End of story.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Pecker »

mad

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 8, 2003 09:16 pm CDT »
Go for it pecker you tell them lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by mad »

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 8, 2003 10:20 pm CDT »
Two admins and a level-headed player have already told you that your stuff is lost. You're not getting them back, and no one will be punished. End of story. Don't go AFK, period. AFK does not mean "away from keyboard", it means "a free kill". Deal with it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Silvanoshei »

The DoDoDo.

Your opinion is worthless unless you can support it.
We are not responsible for your stupidity.
I don't take sides. I take action.

Currently Playing:  Warcraft III [PC]

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 8, 2003 10:59 pm CDT »
"Section 1, Subsection J - AFK Training/Leveling/Etc"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Spyder

• Goblin Pup
Evil Ignorance
« Reply #10 on: August 9, 2003 05:03 am CDT »
You have now clearly demonstrated your ignorance of the english language. No matter which way you look at it, you IMPLIED it. To say otherwise is a flat lie. I am not "lashing out blindly" as you put it. My accusations have substance, yours do not. Therefore any losses on this thread are complete yours. Evil by name, Evil by nature. End of story.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 9, 2003 05:13 am CDT »
LOL go elsewhere  with your pettyness.
I never once said that I did not imply that you threw a fit nor did I say that I did not imply you had a guilty conscience. As a matter of fact, I implicitly implied those things because they were irrefutably true. Therefore, I have not in any way proven any sort of ignorence of the english language as well as the fact that your accusations do NOT have substance. However, you have proven your inability to read it.
THEREFORE, the only losses in this thread are YOURS, not mine.
As for your reason for coming here "with tears in your eyes" read my above post that quotes the rules as well as Particle's post referring you to the same rule. As Particle is not only the head admin, but also the server owner, HIS word goes on the matter.

Have a nice day. :roll:

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: August 9, 2003 05:18 am CDT »
Hmmmm I'm also curious as to how I can be evil by nature. I came here trying to help you by referring you to the rules and trying to get you to calm down about the issue because no rules were broken.
I also have a history excelled by only a few of being one of the ones who would go the farthest out of thier way to help others in need. This goes for everything from handouts to the needy to running quests to explaining how to play to newbs. I also have the reputation of never having broken any of the rules and helping in fact to help police the server from the rulebreakers.
Therefore, I appear to be "good" in nature rather than evil. But since you do not know me you are not qualified to make any judgment on that either way.
Again, have a nice day.  :roll:

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 9, 2003 06:01 am CDT »
Don't worry INC.

He is just mad because he did a foolish thing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Spyder

• Goblin Pup
Evil by nature.
« Reply #14 on: August 9, 2003 06:16 am CDT »
You completely contradict yourself.

I never once said that I did not imply that you threw a fit nor did I say that I did not imply you had a guilty conscience. As a matter of fact, I implicitly implied those things because they were irrefutably true.

Now you're just trying to recover yourself but instead digging a deeper hole.

Also, I did not say that YOU were throwing a fit. I just said that I DIDNT. There is a BIG difference there.

You IMPLIED it therefore it is the same thing. You lie.

Hmmmm I'm also curious as to how I can be evil by nature. I came here trying to help you

* See above. You lie.

and trying to get you to calm down

* See above. You lie.

You better wipe your chin because you are dribbling sh*t.