Poll

Who are you voting for? (Only if you are 18+ and registered to vote)

George "Dubya" Bush (Republican)
16 (53.3%)
John "Scary" Kerry (Democrat)
8 (26.7%)
David Cobb (Green)
1 (3.3%)
Ralph Nader (Independent)
3 (10%)
Other
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: November 1, 2004 05:09 pm CST

Author Topic: Who Are You Voting For, In 2004?  (Read 11411 times)

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: November 2, 2004 04:24 pm CST »
If i was an american i would go with Bush.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 7 »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: November 2, 2004 04:57 pm CST »
Just voted.  Bush got my vote.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

-eViL-

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: November 2, 2004 05:28 pm CST »
bush took mine.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -eViL- »
There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: November 2, 2004 06:31 pm CST »
Our school has a vote, Bush won.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

nesso

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.google.com
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: November 2, 2004 07:18 pm CST »
VOTE KERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

he's got a fake face and 3 purple hearts
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by nesso »

Ze Proteje to Particle's Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2800+
2.4 GHz
512 MB of RAM

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: November 2, 2004 07:45 pm CST »
"I HAVE THREE PURPLE HEARTS!"

I love those jibjab guys, hilarious.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

GStricto

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: November 2, 2004 09:29 pm CST »
I know its a little late seeing as I'm posting this as the polls are closing, but I still think I want my say in things.

<disclaimer> I do not have an official opinion on this because, being 17 years old, I am not legally allowed to make up my own mind about anything, and everything I hear I will, of course, take at face value. </disclaimer>

In response to my disclaimer, Nader would have my vote as he supports lowering the voting age to 16.  My birthday is in March, I missed the deadline by 4 months and a week exact.  (I want presents from the people that can do math.)  Also, there is the fact that I am capable of making a much more informed decision than a vast majority of the "adults" in this country.  I think I should run for office and get IQ tests to be a factor in voting age.  i.e. Experience or intelligence gets you the right to vote.  (Not that it matters anymore.)

Ok, now that I have ranted enough, my vote would be for Nader if he ever had a chance of winning.  Visit his site at http://www.votenader.org (I know this because of a class project), he has some good ideas on healthcare and education reform.  I don't agree in particular with his views on foreign policy, but as for a clear, viable exit from Iraq, he doesn't have his head up his ass like Kerry.  Don't jump on me for that yet.  Kerry fought so hard against Vietnam when he came back, keep that in mind.  Also know that (I forget which one it was right now), but one of the presidents elected durring Vietnam said he would start to pull the US out of the war.  At the end of his term, troop levels and anti-war sentiment were at an all time high.  Link that back to Kerry saying that he thinks Iraq is the "wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time" and in the same debate saying he would raise worldwide troop levels by 40,000 soldiers, and you have a scary bit of deja-vu.  He also threw away the RIBBONS, not his medals from Vietnam, but he still was making a statement.  I question whether or not we will see an increase in deserters from the military if the Commander in Chief shows doubts about his own military experience.  i.e. Will they assume its okay to launch their own protests by leaving their platoons?

Keep in mind, that is just based on Iraq, I have lots of other reasons for doubting Kerry in domestic, economic, and social issues.

Also, consider this:  When Bush came in to office, Clinton left the country with an economy that was starting to turn downhill, there is a generally accepted 100 day grace period where the President gets acquainted with the country, the media, and generally lays out plans for the counrty.  The economy was already turning downhill when he was supposed to have this "grace period", instead, with Democrats whining about Florida*** (in one county, not even the whole state) he had turmoil from the start.  Then add to that September 11th when people were afraid to leave there houses, leads to a decline in spending, and a weakening economy, and you have who to blame?  Oh, thats right, it's all the fault of the president.  Somehow that logic does not flow with me...

I've got to go now, I have to wash clothes, there is a storm, my power may go out, and I have to wake up for school at 5:45 AM.

*** The writers of the Constitution, you may have heard of it before, designed the Electoral system specifically so that a nominee could win the popluar vote, but lose the election because they knew, and accounted for, the public being less that fully informed.  Recent polls show that only 25% of Americans regularly follow politics.  Seeing as the rest of the Constitution has shown remarkable insight to survive for over 200 years with relatively few fundamental changes, I see the Electoral College as just another safeguard built in to a system that protects itself from changes it could itself bring about.  i.e.  With our government, we won't have radicals come in an election and erase all the Amendments overnight.  The ability of free choice also brings about the ability to choose to destroy the choice.

Ok I'm done... for now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GStricto »

Quote from: "Artorius"
Gnight.... Gstricto is obviously picking on you because he is a dirty racist.
So ironic that a heart made by man, when broken is easily fixed.   But a human hurt can last a lifetime.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: November 2, 2004 10:27 pm CST »
Quote from: "GStricto"
The writers of the Constitution, you may have heard of it before, designed the Electoral system specifically so that a nominee could win the popluar vote, but lose the election because they knew, and accounted for, the public being less tha[n] fully informed.

Actually, it was strictly a technological thing.  They had no fast, reliable way to count up the popular vote accurately like we do now.  Of course, to implement such a thing, they are going to have to fix the bugs in electronic voting systems or all switch to optiscan (or a combo of both).  Both methods are fairly reliable (minus a few bugs and dumbasses who can't fill in circles and shouldn't be voting anyway) and can be tallied VERY rapidly (instantly, rapidly).  Long ago, such systems just weren't possible.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

GStricto

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: November 2, 2004 11:07 pm CST »
That is a good point, but you must also remember that at the time, only white, male, landowning citizens were allowed to vote.  Even then, turnout was remarkably low among voters who met all of those qualifications.  Even the US Census used the tabulating machine by Charles Babbage to quickly and accurately count citizens.  Yes, I realize this invention was not created until well in to the 1800s, but even so, 100 years is plenty of time to reform a system if it was really so wrong to begin with.  Furthermore, we don't really have a national election to begin with.  We have 50 independent state elections where the results influence how the House and Senate representatives "represent" the will of the people from their respective state.

In this case, I think we are both correct in our assessments.

Thanks for catching my typo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GStricto »

Quote from: "Artorius"
Gnight.... Gstricto is obviously picking on you because he is a dirty racist.
So ironic that a heart made by man, when broken is easily fixed.   But a human hurt can last a lifetime.

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: November 2, 2004 11:51 pm CST »
I voted for Kerry. fork Bush.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
Quote from: "Aphex"
<3 google

NukNuk

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: November 3, 2004 12:00 am CST »
I voted for Kerry. f*** Bush.

Way to not turn this topic into a flame war.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by NukNuk »

GE

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: November 3, 2004 12:29 am CST »
You can always leave it to her :D. its ok though.

Like it or not Bush is still gonna be President.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GE »
"Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire"

"The End Of The Road Is My End. It Justifies My Means." -Slipknot

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: November 3, 2004 01:12 am CST »
Quote from: "NukNuk"
I voted for Kerry. f*** Bush.

Way to not turn this topic into a flame war.

Im not turning this into a flame. It's your choice to flame or not. And if you choose to than I cant stop you. God forbid I voice my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
<3 google

Hollywood

• Orb Member
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: November 3, 2004 01:23 am CST »
A flame war requires two parties partaking in the act of flaming.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hollywood »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: November 3, 2004 06:37 am CST »
Quote from: "Hollywood"
A flame war requires two parties partaking in the act of flaming.

But looks stupid unless there is more than 2.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"