Author Topic: My wife or gamer's anonymous  (Read 11418 times)

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: March 6, 2007 05:54 pm CST »
Quote from: "Artorius"
I didn't realize we had so many psychatrists on the forum.

Actually I've been studying how to psychoanalyze people.  I've been reading the books in my spare time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by RedneckNoob »

Record number of Star Wars references in a single day: 94
Record number of Star Trek references in a single day: 62

Das Weib war der zweite Fehlgriff Gottes.  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: March 6, 2007 06:12 pm CST »
Just don't let it leave your mind that psychology in general isn't an exact or precise science.  So many psych majors who thought they knew everything about human behavior...ugh.  Those were annoying times.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: March 7, 2007 08:41 pm CST »
I know that I know far from all about human behavior.  I want to unravel it though.  I want to understand the affects specific hormones have on specific psychological functions of the brain and find ways to predict what people will do.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: March 7, 2007 09:15 pm CST »
Down to the point where you can basically mathematically predict what sort of response a person would have in a specific situation? I have a feeling that that's...uhm...kinda impossible =\
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

LOL Internet

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: March 8, 2007 11:37 am CST »
Your wife is probably really fat, and that is why you choose an 8 year old game over her. Damn, she must be disgusting.

Tell her to lose some weight.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by LOL Internet »

Tony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: March 8, 2007 12:25 pm CST »
My wife isn't fat, I love her and when it comes down to it I wouldn't choose a game over her, I have cleared up the problem and we have agreed that I will play at night few hours after I get off at which point I would come to bed so I can get up with the baby in the morning.

I also will play anytime she is not present at my own will and when present some affection shall be showed and the game will be put on wait but she is not to dominant the "WE" time and instead we will branch off to do our own individual activities.

She's rather good looking if you must know and her personally... amazing. Wish you could meet her.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Tony »

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: March 8, 2007 07:04 pm CST »
Quote from: "KoRo"
Down to the point where you can basically mathematically predict what sort of response a person would have in a specific situation? I have a feeling that that's...uhm...kinda impossible =\

No, not mathematically.  I can kinda limit the number of possible responces someone will have when they are encountered with a certain situation though, based on who they are, their personality, their age, their beliefs, and their upbringing.  It's the same way that you get to know your friends and are able to guess at what they would do in a certain situation.  I just want to be more generalized about it.  Not to mention the fact that my own mental illness has driven my attention towards the human psyche.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: March 9, 2007 12:18 am CST »
It doesn't really sound like intelligent prediction so much at that point as just remembering what somebody always does in that situation.  (difference between thinking and remembering)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

slorge_gridlock

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: March 9, 2007 01:14 pm CST »
I use computers all day at work.  
I use computers at home for fun, too, as much as I want.  
Sometimes my wife complains that I'm always on the computer.  
I turn on Jerry Springer or the news or something featuring a bunch of cheating, drinking, stoner, abusive husbands and boyfriends.  
She gets the point.  
When she needs something, all she has to do is ask and I jump to do or get whatever she wants.  
I am a man.  
She does not DEMAND that I do these things, nor do I seek her permission to do things I want.
I choose to do these things, both.
I love her deeply and she knows it.  
You gotta give more than you take, but don't be a pushover.  
There's a line you have to find and adjust all the time.

From a 42 year old husband and father of two....gotta give the kids time, too....in a minute...just one more level.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by slorge_gridlock »

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: March 9, 2007 01:37 pm CST »
Hahahaha I love that Slorge. I used to do that to my mom...One minute...Just....one....more....level....Then I'd mow the lawn, clean the catbox, ferretbox, dishes, vacuum, w\e. It's the same way in a relationship. It's why mother's make their sons do work, to train them for relationships.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Vorter_X_ »

Tony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: March 9, 2007 02:07 pm CST »
I believe I do give more than I recieve, anytime she wants a foot massage, I'm  on it, lotion and all. I take of ALL our financial work, bills, savings, account balance, check ordering, IRAs, money transfer and a couple more things I can't mention but you get the picture. I take care of the baby, 4:30am the baby needs something I'm in the car already on my way to the grocery store. I keep the house clean, might as well say I'm the househusband in the relationship.

She would trade that all in for more affection than I'm giving her, with me having all this on my shoulder's I want "MY" time and I want it in huge bulks not just three hours, I want nine hours undisturbed but that's too much to ask for. Quote "That's time you could be spending with us" she says.

She says I should of stayed single if I am that much of a computer geek. Maybe I should of, maybe I should. Pondering....

slorge_gridlock

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: March 9, 2007 02:45 pm CST »
you don't have bulk "MY" time anymore.  your a husband and a father.  Man up.  A big part of that life is sacrifice.

On the other hand, it sounds like you're doing a bunch already and have stuck with it.  Did she know about your computer fixation when she married you.  You might ask her if she married "you", or if she married someone she wanted to mold into her perfect husband.

Or you can do what I do...

1. say you're sorry
2. take care of matters for a while
3. slip back into your old ways
4. repeat.

ha ha
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by slorge_gridlock »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: March 9, 2007 03:08 pm CST »
Women marry men expecting they'll change. Men marry women expecting they won't.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

Tony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: March 9, 2007 03:13 pm CST »
I'm very stubborn in my ways, my computer addiction is something I'm not willing to break. I did inform of everything that was wrong with me before we even started to seriously date and I made it a point to drill into her about the computer addiction, she proceeded to say she could handle. When we discuss it now she's say she didn't know it was that bad. I did inform her but I guess I got to suck it in anyway, but then I'll get behind in level and then where will I be?

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: March 9, 2007 03:15 pm CST »
As long as you aren't losing levels, you can't be 'behind.'
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »