Author Topic: Counter-Strike  (Read 15271 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Re: Counter-Strike
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2002 04:12 am CST »
In fact, the only edit I see on any of that is by you.

Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2002, 9:43pm by Crash

Which would put it just on time for you to edit your post AFTER I pointed that out to prevent you from looking like an ass.  Manipulate things again like that and I'll ban you for stupidity, deceit, and all of your combined hatefulness.  I'm getting tired of it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2002 07:26 am CST »
*sigh*
Part, chill out man. What's been up lately? You just don't seem like yourself. You get all edgy now...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Crash »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2002 07:44 am CST »
You misunderstood what I was saying.. I NEVER said there wern't any cheats..

And yes Darwin, people still do wallhack aimbot and speed hack..

I was just saying that most true awpers have pure speed..

And I play on servers where noone does cheat..

Guess people in Florida are legit?

Anyway... there is no use in keeping this conflict going.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2002 08:06 am CST »
*sigh*
Part, chill out man. What's been up lately? You just don't seem like yourself. You get all edgy now...

Moderating these forums can really break a man down. If I could just give it all up and it'd still run, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Post 900.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Jason_Xero

• Uber Menace
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2002 01:31 pm CST »
I would like to point out that when you are setting up the scope, it fades from black.  Well, there are "scripts" that instantly come up, no blackout.

I think that is cheating if you have that, and the other people have to wait to find you...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jason_Xero »
Gotta love SBC with their 6Mbps tier for 45$
(Yes, on their site it only shows 3Mbps, but it is actually 6Mbps, I would know :)).

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2002 02:14 pm CST »
If everybody had an OC3, we could have easy to use fast cheat-proof technology.

Jason_Xero

• Uber Menace
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2002 09:03 am CST »
Yeah, but think of the privacy and security that you lose.

If everyone has an OC-3, one can hack into one's computer and steal/delete/copy copyrighted legal documents with ease of use.  As far as cheat-proof technology, you have to remember, it scans your computer for any malacious material that MAY be used as a cheat.

Take PB (PunkBuster) for example.  It scans your whole Half-Life folder for any known cheats.  From there I suspect it will only grow to be able to find something that even a default user will have on their computer.  Then the computer-police come and arrest you for having malacious cheats on your computer.  But I've looked too far into the future, I don't want to spoil it all for you.

No, this has nothing to do with Donnie Darko, case closed - he was a psycho that dreamt it all up, and so was that old hoot.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jason_Xero »
Gotta love SBC with their 6Mbps tier for 45$
(Yes, on their site it only shows 3Mbps, but it is actually 6Mbps, I would know :)).

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2002 10:49 am CST »
Don't bring that up.

Anyway, it IS possible to prevent people from cheating.

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2002 08:33 pm CST »
Yes, simply remove the games.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2002 08:54 pm CST »
Wouldnt it be cool if the government issued OC3 connections to everyone, which would not be monitored/surveyed by the gvmt?

I think that if we all had OC3, somebody would create programs to protect your system.  I mean, look at ZoneAlarm, that is an outstanding prog that makes your computer invisible to hackers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2002 09:29 pm CST »
I disable ZA. It doesn't like AIM or mIRC.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2002 11:21 pm CST »
Yeah, I know.  I normally turn mine on when I go to bed, or when I feel threatened by a guy online. One time a guy on TRPG threatened to hack me.  He was only bluffing, but i instantly turned on my ZoneAlarm.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2002 06:06 am CST »
Yes, simply remove the games.

Yeah!  hehe  I like that idea.

As for ZA, if you set it up right, it doesn't intrude on anything.  I run it and don't ever have a problem with something not running like it should.  When you serve, you can't afford to be so "invisible".

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2002 06:58 am CST »
uggh.. ZA has too many potholes...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2002 07:06 am CST »
What do you mean by potholes?  Shortcomings?