Author Topic: Helpful Admin Scripts  (Read 8651 times)

GE

• Minotaur Rager
Helpful Admin Scripts
« on: December 2, 2004 01:58 pm CST »
-:::All these Scripts were made by Taurik:::-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://http://www.linneberg.com/rpgpics/Fell.zip
Fells a person or jails sumone based or thier request(configurable fell delay time)
Also works w/ pK or Admin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://http://www.linneberg.com/rpgpics/Swear_filter.zip
Give out fines and punishment based on severity of the word(Highly configuable)
Also works w/ pK or Admin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://http://www.linneberg.com/rpgpics/IPLogger.zip
Loggs IP's in a IPLogFile
Admin Only

All of these scripts are used on the server and I find them very helpful.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GE »
"Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire"

"The End Of The Road Is My End. It Justifies My Means." -Slipknot

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 2, 2004 05:15 pm CST »
Mind if I mirror them in my files section?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2004 05:18 pm CST »
super tvt uses a iplog.cs file. HELPS ALOT.

peep try and say they didnt do something and iplog doesnt lie. super tvt one shows what name they log in as also. dont know if this one does
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

Frantic

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 2, 2004 05:36 pm CST »
Good scripts, but I don't understand the purpose of the #fell one. I mean, #recall was given a delay and a no movement rule for a reason.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Frantic »

GE

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 2, 2004 05:48 pm CST »
It also has the Jail me for X seconds.. incase u have to go afk for a few min.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2004 05:52 pm CST by GE »
"Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire"

"The End Of The Road Is My End. It Justifies My Means." -Slipknot

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 2, 2004 05:51 pm CST »
Quote from: "Particle"
Mind if I mirror them in my files section?

sure, if you want to
they require presto+newopts, or just deus rpg pack
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 2, 2004 05:57 pm CST »
I just want to thank Corona and GE for the scripts and all the help getting them to work. Sure makes my job easier on the server.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

Frantic

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 2, 2004 06:04 pm CST »
Quote from: "GE"
It also has the Jail me for X seconds.. incase u have to go afk for a few min.

And obviously it can be abused, and it makes the game even easier. But the way the server is these days people are AFK more than they're not, so I'm not suprised.

The other ones are nifty though.

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 3, 2004 02:25 am CST »
Iv'e got a script that I came across which parses listplayers(); and enables you to jail/fell/reward/etc. using your chat menu.  For instance, you press v (or ctrl+v or shift+v or whatever isn't use), and the list would look like this:

A: Jail Player
B: Fell Player
C: Teleport Player
D: Teleport All (with confirmation to avoid accidentally doing this..)
E: Add SP
F: Add EXP
G: Set Velocity (fun with this one)

When you select any of those menus (navigation is just like your voicepack chat menu, and deuspack), it will list all the players currently in the server (with an overflow menu if there are more than 15 or so players), and when you select a player, the corresponding menu's items will show up, such as Jailing for instance:

A. Jail <PlayerName> for 5 minutes.
B. Jail <PlayerName> for 15 minutes.
C. Jail <PlayerName> for 30 minutes.
D. etc..

If any of the admins want it, PM me and i'll send it over..  I rather not post an unknown person's work all over a message board.  I'm not sure who wrote it, but I got it off LastWish's FTP space (which was actually mine that she was using without permission..  I got all her files)...  she wasn't this good of a coder, so I know it wasn't her.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 12Stones »

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]

Hersh

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 3, 2004 02:48 am CST »
^ That was my idea a while ago, its still half finished.  8)  I geuss its good someone went through with it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hersh »

I kissed a drunk girl on the lips.
This post, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.

-eViL-

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: December 3, 2004 11:05 am CST »
Quote from: "Hersh"
^ That was my idea a while ago, its still half finished.  8)  I geuss its good someone went through with it.

hersh.... i wrote one for you that was completely done other than any editing you wanted to do....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -eViL- »
There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction

BlAcK-IcE

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: December 3, 2004 01:38 pm CST »
I think the fell script is lame. Seriously, it disturbs the whole game. This game is an RPG, where you adventure and journey around the map. Typing #fell and getting automatically teleported to the home town is unfair. Tell me what's the purpose of pK? Mug? #recall?
Examples:

You're getting killed by a higher level, you type #fell and get automatically teleported, making a fast get away.

Someone comes up to you, or gets you in a corner and you can't move, and starts mugging. You type #fell in global and easily get away.

Also, like Jonah said, what's the point in #recall? Might as well just remove that from the game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think using a stone like in World of Warcraft to teleport to your hometown(Keldrin Town in this perspective) would be better. 1 use per hour. Other games require things to teleport, like runes in Runescape, scrolls in DiabloII, etc. I know the pK's/Admins aren't on all the time, but when they are the game goes downhill. Yeah I know you aren't going to be adding to the game anytime soon, but just a thought for the future.

I like the idea of the delay time, set to let people use #fell for X amount of seconds every 2 minutes or so. When I used to play we used the #fell command in bash parties, that's the only time I think it would be fun to use. Anyway that's my opinon, bleh. I guess it's a good thing, since theres tons of newbies who complain about getting PKed or mugged these days. Hell I don't play anymore, what's it matter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by BlAcK-IcE »

Corona

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: December 3, 2004 02:29 pm CST »
Which is why the fell script has a configurable delay. You could even set it to 2 minutes if you want, so that the incentive to say "fell me" instead of typing #recall is totally lost, unless you're floating off the map...

Frantic

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: December 3, 2004 02:56 pm CST »
Quote from: "Corona"
Which is why the fell script has a configurable delay. You could even set it to 2 minutes if you want, so that the incentive to say "fell me" instead of typing #recall is totally lost, unless you're floating off the map...

I still fail to see why it's so much better than #recall. Because you can move while doing it? Uh huh.. you aren't supposed to be able to move for a reason.

Corona

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: December 3, 2004 06:52 pm CST »
Quote from: "Frantic"
you aren't supposed to be able to move for a reason.

Quote from: "Corona"
unless you're floating off the map...