Author Topic: Rules for THIS server.  (Read 5015 times)

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
Re: Rules for THIS server.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2002 10:10 am CDT »
Roger cherry... Luckily, i dont think that many people on the server visit these forums yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2002 11:07 am CDT »
It sure would be nice to see some real traffic, rather than just a consortium of 3 people.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2002 12:58 pm CDT »
I'll mention these forums more often while playing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Complex

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2002 06:13 pm CST »
I would have to agree with Evil_inc on this one ... or y dont u particle just set it up to have a list of the MAJOR rules when u hit the "o"

(incase you didnt know this is Cypher ... my original name isnt working correctly
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Complex »

Wanderer

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #19 on: November 5, 2002 09:47 am CST »
Yeah, IMO the rules need to be written down somewhere accessible ingame... the Obj screen would be perfect.

Maybe wallpaper the jail with them?  :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Wanderer »

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #20 on: November 5, 2002 10:33 am CST »
how bout we just give you a special armor that has fag written on the chest?

ha, well, it wouldn't be hard to make the things accessable in game, just a lil code
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by eViL »
Quote from: "LastWish || NextWish"
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Wanderer

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #21 on: November 5, 2002 11:20 am CST »
Aww, you're so sweet.   :-*

Wouldn't take any coding at all, IIRC, the objective list is stored in the map data (mapname.dsc?).

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #22 on: November 5, 2002 11:47 am CST »
NO RETARD =P

= rpgfunk.cs =

function InitObjectives()
{
      dbecho($dbechoMode, "InitObjectives()");

Team::setObjective(0, 1, "<jc><f8>Welcome To Tribes RPG!");
      Team::setObjective(0, 3, "<f5>Important Links:");
      Team::setObjective(0, 4, "<f0>http://www.planettribes.com/rpg <f2>-TRPG's Homepage");
      Team::setObjective(0, 5, "<f0>http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~rpg <f2>-TRPG Forum");
      Team::setObjective(0, 6, "<f0>http://www.mp3.com/theoryoftrance <f2>-Your key to earning Trancephyte");
      Team::setObjective(0, 8, "<f5>Getting Started:");
      Team::setObjective(0, 9, "<jc><f4>IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU VISIT THE TRPG HOMEPAGE AND READ THE NEWBIE GUIDE EXTENSIVELY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO PLAY!");
      Team::setObjective(0, 13, "<f1>Use the TAB key to access your skills and assign your SP (skill points) to them.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 14, "<f1>To find the maximum SP capability for your level, take your level #, multiply it by 10 and add 20 to the result and add another 1 for each time you've remorted.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 15, "<f1>Once you reach level 101, you stop gaining EXP by killing bots or players, and you can then cast the remort spell which resets your skills and sets you back to level 1 but as a stronger class with a +.1 skill multiplier.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 16, "<f1>To talk to an NPC, just say 'hello' while standing right next to one.  Their response will have keywords that you can type to trigger different things such as BUY, DEPOSIT, WITHDRAW, etc.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 17, "<f1>It is a good idea to download the UltimaRPGPack Script from the TRPG Homepage.  It utilizes the 'V' chat menu for quicker access to commands and spells.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 18, "<f1>If you ever become lost, just stand still and type '#recall'.  This command will require that you wait 5 minutes for it to work.  Just be patient.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 19, "<f1>If you ever fall off of the map, or through it, use the same '#recall' command.  Before you do, however, disconnect from the server and reconnect so that your character isn't moving in any direction other than down while falling.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 20, "<f1>If your LCK is set to DEATH or if you have 0 LCK, you are able to be killed.  When killed, you automatically drop all of your items in a pack.  If you had at least 1 LCK at the time of death, then your pack will be protected.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 21, "<f1>Only you can pick up or #sharepack one of your protected packs.  If you had 0 LCK at the time of death, your pack will be unprotected and bots or other players could take it.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 22, "<f1>If your LCK is set to MISS, each hit that would normally kill you instead subtracts from your LCK each time you are 'hit'.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 23, "<f1>Pay attention to the skills that each class specializes in.  If you're interested in spell-casting, then you won't have much luck training your spell-casting as a Fighter, because your spellcasting multipliers are too low.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 24, "<f1>You can always find info on items, weapons, spells, and armour with the #w command.  If you wanted to find info on Cheetaurs Paws, just type in '#w cheetaurspaws'.  Notice not to use any spaces in the name of the item/spell.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 26, "<jc><f4>If you ever encounter a bug or glitch of any sort in the game, make sure you can duplicate it and then send an e-mail to matbouchard@home.com with all of the information on the bug and instructions on how to duplicate it.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 27, "<jc><f4>JI will try his best to reward you appropriately depending on how severe the bug/glitch is.");
      Team::setObjective(0, 28, "<jc><f3>This objectives page is brought to you courtesy of Blitz Deg'al");

for(%i = 1; %i < getNumTeams(); %i++)
      {
            Team::setObjective(%i, 1, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
            Team::setObjective(%i, 2, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
            Team::setObjective(%i, 3, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
            Team::setObjective(%i, 4, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
            Team::setObjective(%i, 5, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
            Team::setObjective(%i, 6, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
            Team::setObjective(%i, 7, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
            Team::setObjective(%i, 8, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
            Team::setObjective(%i, 9, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
            Team::setObjective(%i, 10, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
            Team::setObjective(%i, 11, "<f7><jc>KILL ALL HUMAN PLAYERS");
      }
}

Thats How The Objectives Are Set
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Wanderer

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #23 on: November 5, 2002 11:54 am CST »
Which would be why I said IIRC... me goofing off at work and no havey Tribes on this pc.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #24 on: November 5, 2002 11:55 am CST »
bah, you didn't know in the first place =P

Wanderer

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #25 on: November 5, 2002 11:57 am CST »
Neener.  :P

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #26 on: November 5, 2002 12:05 pm CST »
/me smacks wanderer upside the head

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #27 on: November 5, 2002 12:07 pm CST »
I've doubled your posts, eViL.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #28 on: November 5, 2002 12:20 pm CST »
/me starts crying.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #29 on: November 6, 2002 02:41 am CST »
It's no big deal.  Just post more ;)