PCRPG Development > Development

Updating RPG

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bovidi:
Just as a general update, I have been keeping the svn up to date with the newest tribes code (http://tribes111rpg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/)...look up Tortoise SVN if you want to download it all in one go.
It would be nice if someone else (who knows about tribes code) were to try this out and say what they think.

Anyways here is what I have completed or currently have "in progress":
New menu type of system, end user things look the same, but everything is more secure and allows for easier menu making

String::newgetsubstring has been changed a bit to make it insanely more efficient for shorter string (same efficiency for 50000+ character strings)

INVENTORY SYSTEM has been remade, it uses a hybrid of my 1.40 gui and 1.11 inventory gui + it allows for virtual items, 25+ item inventories, 999999+ item limits.

Virtual items have been added, and I have created functions that should be called instead of the tribes functions, these will monitor the items so virtual items are handled the same as real items.  As a note this makes getaccessorylist more efficient.

I added a few new features like no damage zones, no fly zones.  Also there is dragons in this version, as well as items that let you ride a horse (yes you can ride a horse in this)...same ones from 1.40 (see the other topic about 1.40 for pictures...I think I posted them there).

Added a method that lets the server send roughly 2000 characters for messages, so #w won't clip, or the stats page will actually be able to show your full stats instead of cutting it off

To many to count bug fixes.

bungle:
wow.

mega:

--- Quote from: JayJay on August 24, 2011  07:15 pm CDT ---Sup Bovidi, maybe TRPG could move to an entirely new engine? http://www.crydev.net/

--- End quote ---

I second that, tribes is dead.

Bovidi:
Meh, I am still going for a Tribes 1.11 update.  Tribes is still, imho the best way to develop a game without spending an insane amount of time during the development.

Anyways I have been thinking and I def. need the help of "artists", just to do retexturing/updating the look.  If any of you want I can add you to a contributer and give you svn access to upload new concept art to the svn.

Bovidi:
Finally got around to testing the inventory today, here is a screenshot of my guy with all the items in the game...the new inventory allows no limit to the amount of items (well besides that if you add thousands it will probably lag your server)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version