Author Topic: Whelps, left side!!!  (Read 26513 times)

Noalear

• Zomg Hatr3d
  • Undead Hero
    • http://rt.pcrpg.org
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006 07:31 pm CDT »
A lesson in Aggro-----

Aggro is not somehting you want to share evenly. In WoW there are healers, tanks, damage dealers, and pullers.

Pullers have stealth or ranged attacks (Hunters, Mages, Rogues mainly). They also usually have lower armor but do more damage (dps). Hunters are the exception to this, they have a pet that usually has decent armor and they can armor up pretty well. Rogues need to be nerfed. Their job as the puller is to get the monster out of range of the aid of other monsters so no one pulls those monsters aggro.

Damage Dealers are just high DPS. Mages or Warlocks are probably the 2 biggest classes for this. Go ahead and argue with me. They hardly ever have enough armor to survive more than a few seconds in melee.

Tanks have extreme amounts of armor. Hence the name- tank. They dont do a whole lot of damage but do enough to keep the aggro so no one else gets it. They have moves where they make the monsters angry. This is 99% of the time a Warrior class.

Healers do decent damage and have next to no armor- but can put up a force field around them and heal themselves as well as others. Paladin, Shaman, or Priests, Priests can also ressurect a fallen comrade.

You have your group, they walk up to a room. The tank gets in front. The puller right behind him.  DPS out a little ways. Healer in teh back. Puller hits the monster with an attack, monster runs in to attack puller- tank starts wailing away on the monster and the monster gets pissed at it. dps start in blasting away at him. Healer basically stands back and heals anyone that is getting hurt bad. If the healer rocks out wayy too hard the monster runs at him. It is the tanks job to get that aggro back, but anyone that gets the aggro off that healer is a hero- unless its a dps class- they just die. But thats okay the healer can res(surect) them after the battle.

That sums up aggro and battle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Noalear »
Almost as hated as Koro.

NFY

• Worthless POS
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006 08:05 pm CDT »
WHELPS, NERDS IN THIS THREAD!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by NFY »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006 09:25 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Kyrie"
Quote from: "HUBBA"
Sounds like someone needs to take a break. Did the guy say the f word enough. If I got that agroed over a game think I would find something else to do. He is going to have a heart attack before 50. Glad the guys I play GW with don't get that way.

If you think that's bad...

Try This

Lmao. This guy seriously need help. To get that upset over a game. How can people get that upset over a game. Even though, now that I think about it, I have been threatened a couple of times over the server.  Only cause someone was mad that I did not give them what they wanted. Usually though when they get that bad I kick them to cool them off. Just sad cause it is a game. Just think how they act in real life. Where are these kids parents when they are shouting absenities like that. If I heard my kid yelling like that I would walk over and shut the game off. They would definantly not be able to play for a long while.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006 10:33 pm CDT »
I've gotten really annoyed, but I know that once I hit that point, I need to take a break and go do something else. Like in WoW when I'm a level 35 and I'm being corpse camped (they wait near your body to kill you as soon as you spawn) by a level 60, over and over.
It's like me mimicing an Uber and beaming RL0 lvl 1s in ktown. Except in WoW it's not against the rules.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

Artorius

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006 12:22 am CDT »
Sounds like someone needs to take a break. Did the guy say the f word enough. If I got that agroed over a game think I would find something else to do. He is going to have a heart attack before 50. Glad the guys I play GW with don't get that way.

If you think that's bad...

Try This

Lmao. This guy seriously need help. To get that upset over a game. How can people get that upset over a game. Even though, now that I think about it, I have been threatened a couple of times over the server.  Only cause someone was mad that I did not give them what they wanted. Usually though when they get that bad I kick them to cool them off. Just sad cause it is a game. Just think how they act in real life. Where are these kids parents when they are shouting absenities like that. If I heard my kid yelling like that I would walk over and shut the game off. They would definantly not be able to play for a long while.

It's easy to laugh at these "kids", but one should keep in mind that mmorpg players are amongst the most hardcore of gamers, they spend months apon months on a game. For them, mmorpgs are a large part of their lives. One could almost compare losing a valueable item in a game.. with losing a ton of cash, I mean.. they spent a shiet load of time gaining that item. (not to mention the monthly costs) What's the difference between that, and working for a paycheck.. just to have it stolen, or lost?

Besides, barely anyone here can make fun of these people, considering this is a forum filled with gamers who complain about petty things.. such as.. getting pked a couple of times by Celtic.. or whoever. (Which is pretty goddamned sad, since all anyone does is run scripts while chatting.)

Although, there isn't much of an excuse to flip out like that, I mean.. "I'm gonna break your nose" is just sad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Artorius »

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."

- Joseph Stalin

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006 12:25 am CDT »
I admit, I get mad at my games that frustrate me continuously (StarFox, Unreal, all the fast moving games) and I shout obsenities. I picked that up from my friends dad, who would curse and yell while playing Medal of Honor.

We could hear him from outside and across the street. It was hilarious.
Now I find I do that. And it helps me get the tension out. Afterwards I feel nimble and relaxed (once my heart rate goes down :-p)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006 12:47 am CDT »
whats "cloudsong"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006 12:58 am CDT »
It's an item in the game which is apparently very difficult to get. One of the other players accidently took it, and if it works like wow, once a player has picked it up it becomes 'soul bound' and can't be used by any other player.

People spend hours and hours, days and days, even weeks, getting in huge 40 player groups to take down a single boss. Once the boss dies, you hope that the item you want will drop because many items have very very low drop rate percentage. Then, once the item you want finally does drop, you have to compete with the other players who want the same item, often by drawing a random number (supported by an in-game /roll command). And you hope that you get the highest number.

I am not obsessed enough to go through all that. At the moment in wow there  is one item I really want. I've solo killed the boss (each time it takes 20 minutes to get to and kill him) at least 10 times now. Still no luck :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

ICEWATER

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006 01:01 am CDT »
I never played wow but soemone I know told me it is very big and you could spent alot of time trying to be better than everyone else.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by ICEWATER »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006 04:33 pm CDT »
It's an item in the game which is apparently very difficult to get. One of the other players accidently took it, and if it works like wow, once a player has picked it up it becomes 'soul bound' and can't be used by any other player.

People spend hours and hours, days and days, even weeks, getting in huge 40 player groups to take down a single boss. Once the boss dies, you hope that the item you want will drop because many items have very very low drop rate percentage. Then, once the item you want finally does drop, you have to compete with the other players who want the same item, often by drawing a random number (supported by an in-game /roll command). And you hope that you get the highest number.

I am not obsessed enough to go through all that. At the moment in wow there  is one item I really want. I've solo killed the boss (each time it takes 20 minutes to get to and kill him) at least 10 times now. Still no luck :(

I guess that is why I like Guild Wars. When an item drops it has a person's name on it. No haggleing and fighting over items. Money picked up is distributed in the group. You can also sell items to other players. The big thing is No monthly fees. I can't see paying for a game at the store then having a to pay a monthly fee to play online. Call me cheap. Maybe if I payed to be online to play a game then I might get upset if some jerk took my stuff, but then again I probably would not be in a group of people who are jerks lol.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006 04:35 pm CDT »
Yeah, what Kyrie said was pretty much wrong.

All it takes is one pioneering hardcore korean guild to try strategies and when they finally do it, they release a video and then the hardest thing becomes getting 40 people together. The instances are extremely easy, and you never have to make up a strat unless you are on the forking cutting edge and honestly have no life.

There are two hard things about advancing in WoW:
1) Getting 40 people together.
2) 6 hours a run, and there are only about 30~ish epics per run, so you gotta do it over and over, and even then, there are 5 of each class pretty much, so you gotta fight over it with 4 other people.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

Noalear

• Zomg Hatr3d
  • Undead Hero
    • http://rt.pcrpg.org
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006 05:32 pm CDT »
That and its incredibly monotonous and BORING. fork WoW.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Noalear »
Almost as hated as Koro.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006 06:20 pm CDT »
Oh yeah.  If boredom was gasoline, insert witty analogy here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2006 07:45 pm CDT »
If boredom was gasoline, WoW players would make the prices bottom out
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2006 11:19 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Razore"
Yeah, what Kyrie said was pretty much wrong.

All it takes is one pioneering hardcore korean guild to try strategies and when they finally do it, they release a video and then the hardest thing becomes getting 40 people together. The instances are extremely easy, and you never have to make up a strat unless you are on the fark cutting edge and honestly have no life.

There are two hard things about advancing in WoW:
1) Getting 40 people together.
2) 6 hours a run, and there are only about 30~ish epics per run, so you gotta do it over and over, and even then, there are 5 of each class pretty much, so you gotta fight over it with 4 other people.

The hardest thing doesn't become getting 40 people together in a mmorpg..  it has always been that.  Besides..  it's much more complicated than that.  Take the presented video for instance..  getting even 10 people who KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING is hard if you don't know them all personally.  Getting 40 people who know what they are doing is practically impossible unless you have a seriously hardcore group of people together.

People say that nerds are a waste of time and are pointless, but I rather have 40 nerds who can be dedicated to a cause than 40 random people who think nerds are stupid just because they have no idea what it takes to be dedicated to something even though others think it means nothing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 12Stones »

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]