Author Topic: Logging Into the Forums  (Read 18533 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Logging Into the Forums
« on: February 15, 2003 10:58 am CST »
If you are having trouble, this will explain it to you.  There are two types of login problems:

1)  You had an account before and now the pass doesn't work.  If this is your problem, try using only the first two characters of your password and then login.  It will display an error as explained in (2), but don't worry.  Read problem (2) and then change your password back to what it used to be or even a new one.

2)  You try to log in but it displays a "Page cannot be displayed" (404) error.  No worries, just go back to the forum and refresh and then you'll be logged in.  I don't honestly know why it's erroring, but it doesn't seem to be a fatal problem.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006 09:37 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 4, 2003 09:52 pm CDT »
I've fixed the #2 problem.  Login/Logout/Account Activation should all work now, no problem!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.