Author Topic: somwthing is wrong  (Read 3739 times)

ICEWATER

• Goblin Pup
somwthing is wrong
« on: May 21, 2006 08:02 pm CDT »
ok well I downloaded the mod then installed it into tribes folder did not work then made a RPG folder and installed it into there it worked. Ok I loged on to a RPG mod server and when I was on the ground it crashes then when I do a search for servers I have a big list then when it is looking to see if there are players on the server the list gets smaller and everyone one of them has a red dot and a red clock next to it. what happen?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by ICEWATER »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006 08:24 pm CDT »
That's strange.  Try to refresh the servers again in a few hours.  Sometimes the master server acts funky and messes things up (like no servers, none responding, etc).  If your problems continue, you might need to reinstall Tribes.  Both Tribes and TRPG are available for download off of the main site.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

ICEWATER

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006 08:32 pm CDT »
ok well the server using RPG TvT dont know if it the same as RPG MOD and the persion on the game the admin or a player said 'you are supost to crash by now?' so I think he hacked me and meade me crash .

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006 08:51 pm CDT »
very likely

There is an exploit that allows a person to destroy your server list.  It usually just makes it to where no servers ever list again, but this could be related.  I suggest you reinstall Tribes just to make sure that nothing is still broken, even if you can fix it without reinstalling.

As I said, you can download Tribes off of my site if you can no longer find the disc, too.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

crusader

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006 08:53 pm CDT »
tvt isn't exactly user friendly
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by crusader »

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006 10:59 pm CDT »
yes it is =D friendly to the oldbies
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Vorter_X_ »

ICEWATER

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006 11:03 pm CDT »
lol well I loged on that server as someone else and nothing happened maby he did not like the name I had but I was locked out of his server becasue when I try using my username on it, it says i have weird char. in my name.

well the user/admin was Anti******* forgot the rest.

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006 11:04 pm CDT »
Quote from: "ICEWATER"
k well the server using RPG TvT dont know if it the same as RPG MOD and the persion on the game the admin or a player said 'you are supost to crash by now?' so I think he hacked me and meade me crash .
RPG TvT, isn't my TvT the only TvT server?  And I know if you came onto my server I definitly never did anything to you.  I know shorty has been in my server lately crashing the server but I never use exploits against clients, that is just a way to kill your server.  If it was in the TvT server(Bov's TvT) do you have the name of the admin because I don't have any admins but me and my brother.

Quote from: "crusader"
tvt isn't exactly user friendly
TvT is a pretty user friendly mod, no extra RPG downloads, it is just a different game play that a lot of people don't like as much as regular RPG

Quote from: "Particle"
There is an exploit that allows a person to destroy your server list. It usually just makes it to where no servers ever list again, but this could be related.

If Particle is right, and somehow it is my server that did that, I am sorry.

As for your problem I had something kinda like that happen to me I managed to get a syntax error in my game server list and it wouldn't show a couple of the game lists so I just deleted my gameserverlist.cs file(uhm I would just rename it to a backup) and it seemed to work for me
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bovidi »

ICEWATER

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006 11:46 pm CDT »
yep it was in your server. Someone with Anti in there name was crashing me also I always crashed even if i made a new user in the arean. Hmm the map was start of the world and I dont like RPG much becasue I dont know what to do. in your server I was like near a building and did not know where everyone else was I went into the canyon and it took forever and got lost afew times trying to find people.

my list is ok now did not have to do anything but it must of just mest it up for awile and got fixed on its own.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006 11:48 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Bovidi"

It wouldn't be your server.  It would be somebody in it most likely.  It's an isolated problem on a per user basis.  It doesn't hurt anybody else and can easily be fixed.

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006 12:51 am CDT »
Quote from: "Particle"
Quote from: "Bovidi"

It wouldn't be your server.  It would be somebody in it most likely.  It's an isolated problem on a per user basis.  It doesn't hurt anybody else and can easily be fixed.

Well that is good to hear, but still am sorry if it was someone in my server that did that.

Quote from: "ICEWATER"
. Someone with Anti in there name was crashing me also I always crashed even if i made a new user in the arean

The only person who has Anti in their name would be AntiVirus but I can't see Anti doing something like that.  Uhm if you were crashing a lot it could have actually been the way TvT is set up very graphic intense in certain hot spots so the crashing could have been because of that.(I even crash occasionally when I respawn, especially if there is 30 trees)

As for getting lost and not knowing what to do, that again would be TvT.  It can be very confusing and takes a while to learn.  That is also why a lot of people just stick to Particles' RPG very fun and easy to pick up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bovidi »

ICEWATER

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006 12:58 am CDT »
yah antivirus i dont know crshed me just said "you should be crashing right now" "then said wait for it" after that he gave up I think. I have a 256MB nVida Geforce 6100 with 2.0 pixel shading also a 2.2 Ghz AMD athlon 64 CPU with 1 GIG of ram. I just dont know I went into the arena to see if there were any players and when I looked up it was likwe being under ground then boom.